• Twelfth Night - Check Your Baubles

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

So, it's the 6th of January - Twelfth Night. The twelve days of Christmas have come and gone, and it's time to take down the decorations.

GUYS, when you've carefully taken down and stored away the baubles from the tree, please, please take some time to check your own dangly ornaments for lumps and bumps! We all should be checking our balls every month anyway, but perhaps this is a good time to jog your memory. And not a bad start to this year's routine.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/878.aspx?CategoryID=61&SubCategoryID=618 tells you what to look out for.

Wishing you all the best,

MrMr

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Great thread MrM....*sneakily slips hands into WandA's boxers*....well, it's as good a reason as any hey?

Adx

mr squirrel [sign in to see picture]

With the cost of a big tree these days, I'm tempted to leave mine erect a bit longer! :)

mumof2 [sign in to see picture]

I struggle checking mine as have no idea what to look for. My dr has shown me what to do and seriously I have felt lumps but doc says there's none, soil I'm honest I don't even bother.
    Hubby gets regular fatty cysts so he doesn't bother checking either as he would be constantly in the dr

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

mumof2 wrote:

I struggle checking mine as have no idea what to look for. My dr has shown me what to do and seriously I have felt lumps but doc says there's none, soil I'm honest I don't even bother.
    Hubby gets regular fatty cysts so he doesn't bother checking either as he would be constantly in the dr

It is so important to keep doing this, check them at the same part of your monthly cycle as the hormones can cause some changes anyway. But you are looking for any differences from the previous checks. Your GP or nurse would rather you come in 99 times with nothing to worry about than you miss the 1 change which is something to be concerned about.

If you are still uncertain then you can always get your OH to check yours in return for you checking his!

xGGx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.