• Soon to be maybe LH baby?!

ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]

I was told its 3-7 days by my gp, hence why if you have had unprotected sex within the last 7 days, they advise not to have any removal of any contraceptive device/pills ect... I know it's more likely to be 3/5 days though, but it is possible if uncommon. I am due my next period in the new year within the first couple days, so time will tell. Although, I must say i was quite ill with sickness on saturday, I have had headaches and my back has been aching, amidst a few cramps/pains in my groin area. PMS possibly I know, but maybe also other reasons too. I don't know of any sickness bugs in my family/work/home right now, I know I'd not eaten anything dodgy and it's very unlike me to be so sick, I was fine, felt absolutely fine, then all of a sudden.....

xx

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I heard that 7 days is possible, but not fully proven (hard to monitor the woman fully to be sure that there was no other sexual intercourse to really prove the 7 days). I just asked a friend, who is studying gynecology and she said that 2 days are known for the sperm to be able to impregnant you, 3 are possible, above 3 its possible, but relatively unlikely or the chances are getting pretty low they would still be able to impregnant you, as there is difference between them staying alive and being able to actually get into the egg.

hmmmm, just an update, I am 10 days past ovulation, and for those of you that know, me and my oh half have been trying to conceive. It is approx 4/5 days before my next period, I rarely experience pms symptoms and more the emotional rather than physical ones if any.

But, over the last 5 days-1 week I have been experiencing all combinations of symptoms, from headaches on and off, low backaches, and particularly one day was on my lower right side only, dull abdomen aches similar to dull period cramps, and twinge pains a couple times around what could've been ovulatiion/implantation pain, a bout of diarreoa, tender breasts for many days now that is worse than what is normal for me, the little bumps on my nipples which are more prominent than before these last couple of days, a severely increased appetite, a few bouts of nausea lasting seconds coming and going over the course of a few days, very excessive bloating of 5-7 Ibs weight gain which is very uncomfortable, increased cervical mucous but not overly a lot of. I took a preg test this morning and it was negative much to my diappointment. It was a clear blue early testing one, that claimed to be 56% accurate testing 4 days before your due period, and increases in accuracy as you approach nearer you period due date. Even at that rate though, surely it would've shown up or shown something at least?

rb

xx

boobaloo [sign in to see picture]

Hiya Ronnie

All of those symptoms could be pms or early pregnancy, I get 'em all, different each month, you have just come off the contraception so you body will be adjusting at the same time as you trying for the baby.

Saying that you might still be pregnant, you are more likely to get a false negative than positive remember, there has to be something there for a positive to show even faintly, whereas if there isn't enough there to show positive yet you could get a false negative.

It could take months to get pregnant, just relax about it as much as you can and I am sure that in time it will happen for the both of you

xxxx

thanks boobaloo, im certain it cant be pms, as i very rarely suffer from it. just the occasional mood swings/random crying fits, lol

I agree that it can be both. I dont usually suffer from pms, but in times of stress, including hormonal one, I can have similar symptones you just described. Happened in times when I could not be pregnant (eg. did not have sex for a year). I think the fact you just came out of contraception method which involves hormones, it can mess the normal regime a bit.

But yes, you can be pregnant and the test is just not catching it yet. I would wait to see how the period comes or does not come. But then even presence of period does not mean you are not pregnant. There are cases of women who especially in the early stages had sort of period, but often milder and not so regular.

I agree, just relax and enjoy the sex. and your partner. And the baby will come when it does. It is not tragedy if it is not in the first month of trying. I would personally only start to worry if I was getting close to a year and nothing.

Good luck

Just an update, my period arrived on new years day- what a disappointment and curse to the new year! So, I can officailly say that at the moment I am not pregannt. so me and my oh were'nt so lucky to conceive last month. I have to say though, how quickly my body has returned to normal after my mirena removal four weeks ago, I had what my gp said was a withdrawal bleed straight after it was removed and now, exactly four weeks (minus it being all but a day early), my period arrived! So I am assuming it wasn't a withdrawal bleed and my gp was wrong, I do know my body alot better! And how strange for me to experience what I now know to have been pms and not pregnancy symptoms, something which is rare for me?! That has caught me off guard a bit and thrown me slightly off balance.

So we will contiue ttc, and hopefully this month we may be lucky enough to get our little miracle and late xmas present?! I am managing to track my cycle accurately and have pinpointed my ovulation day, so with a bit of luck......

We figured we may have been both too early and maybe just a little too late to conceive last month, as my oh works away alot, it makes it difficult to be able to achieve it when times would be exactly right. I think we managed to do so about four and five days before I ovulated and the positive ovulation test and about two days afterwards.So fingers crossed this month he will be around in time to catch it.

rb

xx

smirnoff09 [sign in to see picture]

hi ronnie

I have just read your post and I wish you all the best getting pegnant

I have endometriosis and know the frustrations of trying to get pregnant. Lukily I got an early diagnosis and have recieved some amazing support.

I think I tried every trick in the book to get pregnant from reflexology, herbal stuff, diet changes, daily tempo taking, sex at certain times... you name I think I did how ever daft or silly it seemed.

The one thing i think worked was to relax...we went away on holiday and come home pegnant.

I am now mummy to my 2 gorgeous lil angel who are 10 and 5.

I wish you all the best hun x

aww smirnoff what a lovely story, I am so pleased for you, especially with difficulties that endo can cause, I too have endo, I had a patch removed july last year, as far as I know, what was there is now gone, but was told it'd come back in 18 months with the mirena, so I'm assuming sooner now I'm without it. Hence why the pregnancy dream now, although not ideal time for me and oh but we don't and won't have the time by the time we are ready. We are ready emotionally and physically, and will manage financially hopefully, it's just we are trying to move into bigger accommodation ect.... amongst other things in other aspects of our lives which are coming to try us at the moment.

I know I must relax, and although I feel like I am relaxing, I know I have stresses and strains from work ect.. and just trying to conceive can be stressful as you're always hoping and waiting. I am prob stressing and flapping more than is needed, but I can't help thinking last months failure could be down to me and my battle with endo still and can't help thinking I'm the one still to blame for the disapoointment, as because lets face it, if I didn't have the endo problem then we wouldn't be considering babies this soon anyway. I reallt want it so much though, even more so now I know time isn't on my side. I am beginning to become a little obsessed I think? Thanks for your well wishes.

xx

A little idea wedid ...have date nights...no talk of babies or anythign just focuson each other relax in each others companies and take pleasure form each other...this worked for us on our holiday x

aww that's nice, thanks for the tip. I'm assuming you did this around 'ovulation' or your fertile few days?

xx

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

Don't use digi pregnancy testers, really are rubbish. I found boots own/super drugs own/first response to be the better ones. Also, do the POAS test first thing in the morning, when you get up out of bed in the morning, go do the test, your HGG levels (recognising preg) will be stronger/higher.

With my 2 pregnancies, I always found out at 4 weeks ish.

You are at your highest/best chance of getting pregnant, within the first few days after your aunt flo has ended. Fertility is usually higher within the first 5 odd days.

Also, don't have sex every day, it will bring your fella's sperm count down. Every other day, once/twice is recommended. I think it's about 3 times aweek, recommended to be the guy's sex rate to have the best sperm count chances. And that means no self servicing for him either lol

Good luck hun x

Fr33b1rd [sign in to see picture]

Ronnie-baby can i suggest the babyworld website to you, they havee a forum section including a trying to concieve board. I found it really useful to be able to talk to other women in the same situation as me and got some really great advice regarding improving our chances/tracking ovulation etc. it really is a friendly place.

Thanks blueeyes, I will bear this is mind.however there are a few different opinions on whether it's a good thing to have sex everyday or not? some say it reduces sperm count, other research suggests it does no harm and others say it increases pregnancy odds. so many mixed reviews.

xx

thank you freebird I will have a look at the site.

xx

Fr33b1rd [sign in to see picture]

No problem, hope it helps. It sure helped me when TTC and continues to support through pregnancy.

I would personally just enjoy sex and closeness with the other half. I think that doing it too methodically can harm both the relationship and also lower the odds as you would be constantly worried. And stress and monitoring can in some cases lower the chances. Its not that unheard of that a pair who gave up and their on child and fostered one got their own baby soon after. Personally think it is because they just stopped being worried and it happened.

My mother had real problems with her circle ever since she was young and doctors and her thought she would need long time to actually conceive. My mother just accepted it and decided to let it be and see. In less than 3 months she was pregnant with me, she managed to conceive my sister in the same short time few years later. We talked about it, as I am having similar issues like she had when she was my age.

I know time is bit against you, but I would just enjoy sex and maybe give it few months and really see how it goes. And I would really only start to worry after half a year or longer. I know, easy to say, harder to do.

good luck.

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

Someone told me to 'stop trying and have fun'. The whole 'waiting for a bus but it never comes, until you leave' type thing

Blueyes that is sound advice it worked for us...

hi alll just an update to let you know its still early days but today i am d weeks and d days pregnant. cant believe it. x

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.