• Soon to be maybe LH baby?!

ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]

sorry to waffle on, I put this on a previous post I wrote a while ago, earlier, but I feel maybe it's more appropriate on it's own.

I know it has been a while but for those of you that may not already know, I had the laparoscopy op in july this year and they found some endometriosis. I had it removed with diathermy and had the mirena inserted to help manage it and also for contraceptive reasons. This was back in july this year, but I have since had nearly 5 months off sheer hell, constant pains and cramping on an all day, everyday basis, not even codeine, ibuprofen and paracetamol that my gp prescribed would settle it. Had u/s scan to check it wasn't the coil embedded or ruptured my womb and all was ok, but revealed I have also Adenomyosis, a closely related disease to endo.

Still complaining of severe pains, my gp referred me back to my gynae, whom I saw late last week, he's convinced it's still the endo and wanted me to do a course of zoladex which long term can cause early onset of the menopause = no children and bone density deficiency/weakness. I realised after I cannot have this as my grandma had osteoporosis and my nan and mum both suffered natural early menopauses. If he had had more time for me he would've known this when he should've asked my family history and we maybe could've come to another solution? So this is no longer and option for me, nor is surgery as he refuses to operate again so soon due to scar tissue ect....

Convinced myself it is definately the mirena, and with nobody listening to me- I know my own body best, and if they'd listened to me 7 years ago, they would've found the endo so soon back then, rather than fob me off with what they thought was 'normal' for me?! It wasn't! So I took it upon myself to go to a family planning clinic to get it out, this was yesterday and although still tender around my pelvic region, I feel 110% better already, so fingers crossed I am now free of the constant pain. Is it normal to still be so tender? Removal was fine, not complicated and a tad uncomfortable, knowhere near as bad as insertion.

Obviously now it's removed, my endo may come back much quicker, my consultant that did my laparoscopy said even with mirena I would be lucky to get 18 months before it's return. Because of this and the complications involved with zoladex and others such like, I am allowing my body to revert back to normal, I've started to eat more balanced and healthily and me and my oh have decided to try for a baby in the very near future (possibly in the new year), as we feel sooner will be best in our situation rather than later. Even the lovely doctor at the family planning clinic said it may be our best option and we would be wise to do so given the circumstances.

Wish us luck!

rb

xx

Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]

Good luck and have lots of fun baby making xxx

Bladebabe [sign in to see picture]

I hope the new Year brings you joyous news RB.

I too have endometriosis and suffered for years and years until a doctor decided to do something when I couldn't conceive. After several tests (some unpleasant as I'm sure you'll know all about) I had major surgery 5 years ago. My tubes were blocked, womb slightly prolapsed and severe scarring all around including my rectum.

I decided against contraception as none that were suitable appealed to me or had side effects. I never did conceive and I still have symptoms but severe problems are few.

I wish you luck and good health RB!x

I am very sorry to hear that blade babe. May I ask how long you suffered with it until you found out you couldn't conceive? It is such a cruel, cruel disease, I feel more women and other people should be made more aware of it and remove the ignorant sitgma attatched to it all. I have signed a petition online for earlier diagnosis times, I hope it will change the way doctors treat women who have symptoms that maybe related. They tried to fod mine off for years saying it was constant cystitis as this were my symptoms along with pelvicv pain, which was so so much worse since the op with mirena.

Thank you for your kind words and support. I wish you one day that truly special miracle.

rb

xx

Chimera [sign in to see picture]

I'm sorry you've had so much trouble, both yourself and Bladebabe; the one thing I've learnt from having a complicated disease is that most doctors aren't worth the time you spend waiting for them, and you generally know your own body best. I'm glad you've acted in a way that you feel that's beneficial for you - it's a great psychological relief as much as anything else!

And the very best of luck on the baby front!

Bladebabe [sign in to see picture]

Yes RB, I've always suffered with my periods but they got worse as i got into my mid-teens. I just got fobbed off by the docs saying it was my pills that didn't suit me. After 2 years of trying i had an ultrasound then an endoscopy(?) and they discovered my tubes were blocked. A lovely nurse told me no woman should suffer with bad periods. I agree, most docs just seem to think they can tell you anything and that they know best with dire consequences for some women.

that's terrible. I got told if they'd always been heavy, long and painful then it's normal for me! It obviously wasn't. It's so shocking that they can do this and get away with it.

xx

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

good to see you back ronnie baby and good luck!

hey fizzy, thank you very much. I will keep you updated!

xx

Elle_S [sign in to see picture]

Good luck ronnie-baby. I hope everything goes well for you both. Keep us posted! x

Jo [sign in to see picture]

Having sex while trying to conceive must the best ever! No worries about unwanted pregnancies, no condoms, no pull outs, pills, just pure giving in and giving up yourselves to each other!

The only two occasions I did it, and OH conceived straight away! So no more experiments!

Good luck in the f**k, waiting for un update in 9 or so months!

xx

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Im sure we will have lots of fun trying! We are awarde its a big responsibility, and although timing is not ideal for us, we feel it's the best option we have right now consdering the doc and gynae haven't been much help. It seems only now have I mentioned trying for a baby that they seem at their most supportive?! How weird is that?! We are sure it's what we want and will even arrange for a time to sit both families down to tell them all about the situation. We are going about it sensibly and responsibly and as it will be new to me, I am taking the whole thing rather seriously.

I will keep you all updated.

rb

xx

sharry [sign in to see picture]

Good luck RB, hope all goes well.

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

I wish you all the luck in the world RB. x

suze9 [sign in to see picture]

Good luck with your trying xxx

Just an update, I have just taken an ovualtion test and it has confirmed that I will be ovulating when I took it this evening, I have been taking the tests since last wens, and nothing, not even a faint line, now this morning I got a faint line which I understand to mean negative but did one about 30 mins ago and it started out as a disheartening negative result yet again, then it was a positive one as the line was as dark as the test line, maybe even slightly darker. It is typical that my oh is away until later this week, but we last had sex thurs and fri just gone, could there still be a chance of pregnancy even this late after? I am so hoping, as I was really starting to feel and worry my body is all messed up from the hands of my endo, laparascopy op, and mirena that I had taken out two weeks ago today. I suppose that bleed was a period for me, what a coincidence that is and now I am ovulating 14 days to the dot! I am very impressed at how easy I am finding my body to read after everything, and how quickly it has normalised itself after all it's been through these last 6 months.

Also can anyone tell me when if it happens, it would show on a pregnancy test? Obviously I'm guessing if I don't get my period in two weeks time it could be a sign, but I mean would it show up sooner? I have read lots of mixed opinions/reviews on this matter and am now unsure.

rb

xx

boobaloo [sign in to see picture]

ronnie-baby wrote:

Just an update, I have just taken an ovualtion test and it has confirmed that I will be ovulating when I took it this evening, I have been taking the tests since last wens, and nothing, not even a faint line, now this morning I got a faint line which I understand to mean negative but did one about 30 mins ago and it started out as a disheartening negative result yet again, then it was a positive one as the line was as dark as the test line, maybe even slightly darker. It is typical that my oh is away until later this week, but we last had sex thurs and fri just gone, could there still be a chance of pregnancy even this late after? I am so hoping, as I was really starting to feel and worry my body is all messed up from the hands of my endo, laparascopy op, and mirena that I had taken out two weeks ago today. I suppose that bleed was a period for me, what a coincidence that is and now I am ovulating 14 days to the dot! I am very impressed at how easy I am finding my body to read after everything, and how quickly it has normalised itself after all it's been through these last 6 months.

Also can anyone tell me when if it happens, it would show on a pregnancy test? Obviously I'm guessing if I don't get my period in two weeks time it could be a sign, but I mean would it show up sooner? I have read lots of mixed opinions/reviews on this matter and am now unsure.

rb

xx

tests measure the HCG pregnancy hormone, some tests can pick it up sooner than others, basically the level doubles every day for the first 6 weeks so the further on you are the easier it is for a test to pick up the result, but some tests are designed to pick up the hormone earlier than others.

I tested on the day that I was due with my son late on a night and got a very very faint positive, but the next morning it was much stronger, they advise to test first thing in the morning, and that you should wait until you are at least late.

Also you are much more likely to get a false negative than positive, as for it to be positive something has to be there, so even the faintest of positives is a positive, but test again a day later if you are unsure.

2Wicked [sign in to see picture]

I know that implantation bleeding occurs about 7-10 days before period, but this doesn't happen to every woman. It's not bleeding really, more like spotting and can be pinkish or brownish. That's one thing to look out for.

Best of luck!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I read that the maximal known period of survival is 48 hours for the sperm to be still alive. It may be longer, but those cases are not that really known, as it is hard to monitor. I guess you may have a chance, but I would not think too hard about it, just let if flow. it either happens or not.

I am not sure when you can get reliable test results, but keep in mind that relatively lot of pregnancies end in the earliest stages, like the very first weeks, due to the bad development of the fetus. I cannot remember the figure, but I remember it was relatively high. So I would just wait and not think too hard about it.

2Wicked [sign in to see picture]

(I meant besides taking a very very early test, which in most cases can give you a definitive answer. I believe there are pregnancy tests that can test as early as 5 days after possible conception day)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.