• Great sex with someone you're not attracted to?

Miss teach&nurse [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

Jo wrote:

Hello Hella, if I slept with everyone who happened to turn me on, I would find myself sleeping with more girls than the number of nights available.

In your case in that particular situation you mention, you were seduced somehow and all you remember is the smell (so you were trully swept off your feet), but I bet there must have been more to it than just the smile. The way he glanced at you, suttle smile, delicate move, your predisposition at that moment, etc etc..Perhaps that charm I am talking about.

What kind of smell turns you on BTW? Do you have it at Lovehoney? If so, I will pick it up off you personally

Jo, I assure you this particular guy has all of the charm of a half-dead lizard. Whatever he was wearing drove me crazy though (no, it wasn't Lynx, before anyone says it....or at least I bloody hope not!). I'd known him for a while and it wasn't until I gave him a happy birthday hug that I felt a bit like I wanted to jump his bones. Maybe a combination of the way he hugged me and the smell, but the fact is that before that moment I'd seen nothing attractive in him at all. In fact, I wasn't a huge fan and I'm still not, but he was fun for a weekend albeit the parts in between sex.

Lovehoney Gemma and I are both heavily influenced by smell and sniff pretty much anything we come into contact with. I don't like my boyfriend as much when he changes the cologne he wears. Definitely something in it.

Smell is defo one if those things that turns me on..... There r certain aftershaves that i love however all aftershave smells diff on all men! This is embarrassing to admit but i actually followed a guy round a shop once because he had the most amazing smell (aftershave drove me crazy) and he became instantly attractive due to this reason, not quite sure what he looked like all i can remember is the aftershave smell.

dotdashdot [sign in to see picture]

Haha ever watch the film "Perfume" ? It's all beginning to sound like that!

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

I assure you this particular guy has all of the charm of a half-dead lizard. Whatever he was wearing drove me crazy though (no, it wasn't Lynx, before anyone says it....or at least I bloody hope not!)

Hi, Hella -

any chance the chap was wearing a pheremone spray? Mixed with a half-decent cologne, you might have put it all down to the obvious "smell" and not thought about an undetectable one...

Also, if he was aware of his . . . social shortcomings . . . he might have decided that he needed the extra help.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Mr Monster wrote:

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

I assure you this particular guy has all of the charm of a half-dead lizard. Whatever he was wearing drove me crazy though (no, it wasn't Lynx, before anyone says it....or at least I bloody hope not!)

Hi, Hella -

any chance the chap was wearing a pheremone spray? Mixed with a half-decent cologne, you might have put it all down to the obvious "smell" and not thought about an undetectable one...

Also, if he was aware of his . . . social shortcomings . . . he might have decided that he needed the extra help.

Don't think pheremone sprays work...seem to remember some research though I'm not sure. Worth checking up on if you're ever considering splashing out though as they can be quite pricey.

One piece of research I read recently did say that it seems that attraction to scent is probably actually linked to the MHC complexes possessed by the person you're attracted too, they're part of the immune system and reproducing with a partner with very different MHC complexes to yourself can confer a large advantage to any potential children. Not something you can reproduce in a spray.

Adx

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Don't think pheremone sprays work...seem to remember some research though I'm not sure. Worth checking up on if you're ever considering splashing out though as they can be quite pricey.

One piece of research I read recently did say that it seems that attraction to scent is probably actually linked to the MHC complexes possessed by the person you're attracted too, they're part of the immune system and reproducing with a partner with very different MHC complexes to yourself can confer a large advantage to any potential children. Not something you can reproduce in a spray.

Adx

Before I read this post I had no idea that MHC complexes existed - now I have a page of articles to read :)

I love learning new things!

Thanks Ad :D

yay for helping learning! And yay for sciency nerdiness!

Have fun reading. It's definitely a hot research topic at the mo.

Adx

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

Ohh I smelt a man the other day. He smelled so fresh, like he's just got out of the shower, combined with his cologne/aftershave. I SWEAR I wanted to lick him. He did smell VERY nice

It's not like I really go around smelling blokes and it's not something that usually bothers me...................!

Angel x

SnL [sign in to see picture]

Woohoo - Smell is definitely a turn on for me. Glad I'm not alone... I thought it may have been a bit bizarre.

Jo [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

I watched a programme sometime ago, where a man rates the smell of T-shirts after they had been worn by different women. It turned out that the smell he liked most belonged to a woman with completely different immune complex to his. Conversely, the smell he found impossible to bear was emanated by a T-shirt worn by a woman with almost identical immune complexes like his.

The conclusion was that the smell helps us chose partners with whom we'll give better start to our children. What Adx states above.

This may well be true, but it does not explain the fact that some people fall in love from on-line meetings and unless they are trully dissapointed by something once they meet in person, their relationship lasts for good.

jass [sign in to see picture]

I saw that too Jo, it's also a known fact that a woman's sense of smell is much more acute than a man's and even more so at the time of ovulation, we are much much more receptive and sensitive to male pheromones at that point in time so it all ties in with the above. The subconcious is a wonderful thing. I'm a massive fan of man sniffage, have been known to follow someone in the supermarket just cos they smell nice!

ShaftMaster [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

I don't like my boyfriend as much when he changes the cologne he wears. Definitely something in it.

I remember when I was single for ages, one of my female friends was saying how wearing something that smelled good would definately get me some attention . . . Call me old fashioned, but if someone's just attracted to the way I smell (and it's not even my smell, it's from a bottle), then it's not enough foundation for a relationship to go on.

And as much as I really enjoy the scent of my girlfriends perfume, I still love it when she finishes a busy shift a work and she's built up a bit of a sweat, because she actually smells of her, not anything else.

Jo wrote:

This may well be true, but it does not explain the fact that some people fall in love from on-line meetings and unless they are trully dissapointed by something once they meet in person, their relationship lasts for good.

No it doesn't....nor does it claim to explain that or even to try and claim that

Adx

Jo [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

Smell can never be the sole basis for a relationship, but I certainly think it can be for copulation. We're not designed to forge slow relationship bonds but to act on primal instinct.

Take away language, moral guidelines and legal issues and you'd probably find our mating rituals are really not dissimilar to primates - you'll instigate sex within minutes if there's nothing stopping you. The only factors you have to go on are appearance (which primally relates to health or the perceived requirement for being an alpha, beta and so on), body language and the smell of a partner.

I think that you are dangerously close to the truth (as I see it, of course.Others surely have different views about what is right or wrong). Your open and honest view is a bit brazen but in no way repulsive!

For me smell or anyone factor could never be the basis for sex, because I would always think it through (that's how I am wired). And I believe that human mind is the most significant distinction between us and animals - we can reason and consider arguments and alternatives, rather than merely act instinctively.

Yet again, I never know, my views might change in future...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.