• Anyone tried simplyadult?

wuttpud2 [sign in to see picture]

Just wondered if anyone has looked at or tried a dating site called simplyadult.co.uk - I found this in my local free ad paper. I put up a profile there, and have had a lot of messages from women, but of course I can't read them unless I subscribe! Subscription is reasonable, so thought I might give it a go, but the payment page does not show as being secure (https). Am a bit suspicious about how many messages I have had, also how many profiles there are of women within a few miles of me! Is this a scam?!

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

After you go to the m ain site you're redirected to a white label site. A white label product is a generic product that other companies rebrand to make it look like their own - so in this case the 'simplyadult.co.uk' is a front for this generic application (hence why it looks so different). This suggests that profiles etc will be the same whether you've decided to style the site as 'hothookupsinleeds.co.uk' or 'datingbyborat'. [for example if you change the URL from http://app.whitelabeldating.com/?wldsite=1082 to http://app.whitelabeldating.com/?wldsite=1000 you get a totally differently styled site]

I certainly wouldn't trust it.

DrtyBoy [sign in to see picture]

yeah i am gonna need the name of that bar Hella!!

wuttpud2 [sign in to see picture]

Me too - I'm nowhere near Bath, but I'm desperate! I could try a Google on "local cougar bars", I suppose. But as I'm 50, that would mean I was looking for 80yr old cougars...

Anyway - as they say "If it seems too good to be true"...Will avoid like the plague!

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

There are a fair few dodgy sites where scammers use fake profiles to lure men in, in order to try to direct them to paysites etc, so if you have an influx of messages without being active on the site I would be suspicious.

I've used various internet dating sites on and off for 2 years and lots of guys I have spoken to have told me of the dodgy women you get on some sites, in fact, a lot were surprised I was actually real, so to speak, lol....

As Hella says, the more reputable ones are probs better if you're going to do it. a lot of sites also spam your profile on all their sister sites etc, which obviously increases the number of dodgy people....

Suppose it might depend what you are looking for as to what sort of site would be best?

Good luck

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

Wuttpud have you tried okcupid, no fees to pay, would recommend it - how I met my OH

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.