• Shaving rash!

jamiestone2k [sign in to see picture]

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any idea on the best product for avoiding or curing pubic area shaving rash? I much prefer being shaved but get a constant rash which looks unsightly and hurts!

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Penny [sign in to see picture]

Why not try a sensitive hair removal cream ? I use it for ALL areas and it gives a very smooth finish along with no 'stubble' affect or rash plus it lasts longer.

jamiestone2k [sign in to see picture]

Every hair removal cream i've used never works, which did you use?

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

There are quite a few threads on here about this sort of thing but -

Generally, shaving in the direction of the hair growth helps reduce pulling and therefore reduces the rash.

Perhaps using a shaving oil alongside your shaving gel/cream could also help. Regularly exfoiliating the area will stop ingrowns which sometimes creates rashes.

There is a gel by Nads - http://www.nads.com/ingrow_solution_mens which also stops ingrown and rashes.

Moisturising with a good moisturiser afterwards can also help.

Shaving in the bath can soften the hairs which also reduces friction.

healerwhore [sign in to see picture]

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

There are quite a few threads on here about this sort of thing but -

Generally, shaving in the direction of the hair growth helps reduce pulling and therefore reduces the rash.

Perhaps using a shaving oil alongside your shaving gel/cream could also help. Regularly exfoiliating the area will stop ingrowns which sometimes creates rashes.

There is a gel by Nads - http://www.nads.com/ingrow_solution_mens which also stops ingrown and rashes.

Moisturising with a good moisturiser afterwards can also help.

Shaving in the bath can soften the hairs which also reduces friction.

This would have been my best advice. If you have to shave against the grain, try to go over it again going with the grain afterwards. Easier said than done on awkward to reach places, but worth the time and effort.

I could do with sampling a few hair removers myself, shaving the old sack is a proper 'mare sometimes

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I would also advice to consider how sensitive your skin is. Mine is so sensitive that me shaving my legs just put me through 2 days of hell. Its unusual, but it can happen. I sometimes find that products for really sensitive skin can help a bit as they tend to be more kind to the skin. I find oils tend to actually annoy my skin and cause further irritation, but this may be a personal problem. Both shaving gels/creams and moisturiser ahould be for sensitive skin.

I also heard razor with more blades helps as you have to go over the skin fewer times.

As I have extremely sensitive skin, I dont shave my private parts. I just use scissors.

It were a sensitive cream 'Louis Marcel' that I used.

Simply squat down, spread the cream over the area, stand up and wait the advised time then shower off.

Simples.

Gingasi [sign in to see picture]

I use "Nair Sensitive Hair removal cream" Works very well for me, effective leaving me smooth and soft, I use it on my sack and round the base of my penis. As with all these creams follow the lable and test a small patch first. Be aware though that you skin is different in different areas, i have had some mild irritation when the cream went too close to my bum.

I guess this cream would be good for most people as i would consider myself to have very sensitive fair skin. Hope that helps Jamie.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

I've tried sliquid smooth recently, which unlike others don't give me a rash. Currently LH don't stock it. It doesn't foam up when in water (the chemicals in gels that make them foam tend to be bad for skin) it doesn't run, and it smells ok.

I will be writing a review of then sliquid shaving gel on my blog soon.

Removal creams don't work for me either, I've tried loads and end up with a rash.

I do agree that getting a good razor is a must, if you have sensative skin.

Where are you based Jamie, that may be of help with regrds to products used.

I'm UK.

Marlin [sign in to see picture]

Try a product called Tendskin excellent for shaving rash and in-growing hairs

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

would recommend this whole-heartedly - I have really sensitive skin & was really nervous when I opened this as it has a lovely fruity smell but even though I react to all sorts I don't have any trouble with this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7278

atlanta [sign in to see picture]

Dear Jamie, what are you shaving with?

I have had shaving rashes, but they seemed to be caused by the shaving soap drying the skin out. I now moisture the shaved area every day with a neutral body cream (Lipikar). These days I use Gillete Fusion razors in a power razor. They're expensive but last a long time. In the past I've use hair removal creams, but after burning myself a couple of times I've given up on them. They stink too.

Waxing is of course an option and so is laser depilation, but the latter depends on finding a good operator near you and having enough money to pay for the treatment.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.