• Voting down reviews.

Clockwork_Oasis [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

I like you, and the way you think, a lot! Full support of the disastrous domino effect.

Thank you, I like you and your way of thinking too, that is why I missed you from on here!

*shares a smile with you to cheer you up (or would you prefer a hug?)*

*greedily accepts both*

[suspended user]

suspended user

Couple looking to spice things up wrote:

Shall I just link my reviews up now? I wouldn't say no to you accidentally voting for them? x

Yes, but hurry, I didn't get that coffee yet! And it only works if yours is the last of the five on the page when they are viewed in "newest" order... I still have some standards even when in error!

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

if you hover back over it can you unlike it?

[suspended user]

suspended user

Vanessa8 wrote:

if you hover back over it can you unlike it?

No, that's my problem. Once you clicked yes, there's no turning back, it's set in stone! Arrgh.

And the best part is, I already bought the damn' product I'm just reading up on! Double idiot day today me thinks. LOL.

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

I'd thought about starting a similar topic myself (not for the acccidental vote era), but for some feedback, since I'm still fairly new.

Not in terms of worrying too much about being selected as a toy tester; I feel the majority of my reviews fit the guidelines in that regard already; but purely in terms of 'am I reviewing in such a way that's helpful/influential for you guys in choosing products'? I don't want to spend too long writing reviews if they're not useful.

If anyone's not too busy, could they spare 5 mins to read one or two and let me know what works/doesn't? I'm always open to constructive criticism

[suspended user]

suspended user

Sex Squid wrote:

I'd thought about starting a similar topic myself (not for the acccidental vote era), but for some feedback, since I'm still fairly new.

Not in terms of worrying too much about being selected as a toy tester; I feel the majority of my reviews fit the guidelines in that regard already; but purely in terms of 'am I reviewing in such a way that's helpful/influential for you guys in choosing products'? I don't want to spend too long writing reviews if they're not useful.

If anyone's not too busy, could they spare 5 mins to read one or two and let me know what works/doesn't? I'm always open to constructive criticism

I've read two of your reviews now (Fetish Fantasy silicone ball gag and Bad Kitty bondage candle), chose good ones on purpose, and of items I am yet to try so would be interested in generally speaking - to make it all "real".

I found both of them useful, one of them so much so (the candle's), that I voluntarily casted my "yes" vote to it which I so sparsly give out usually... So well done!

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

I know, I know. I just feel like I cheated. Because it also sends a signal to Lovehoney how users find some reviews helpful or not. And I hence feel like lying to them and to the potential outcome for other users.

I said it was useful (wrongfully) ⇒ they encourage other unuseful reviews like that ⇒ people find them unuseful (like I honestly did) ⇒ Lovehoney bankrupts! See the disastrous domino effect of a badly cast vote in a democracy??? LOL!

*oops, I did it again on the second page too... facepalm! off for some coffee I go!!!*

Haha I see the problem. Well if lovehoney goes bankrupt we all know who to blame :p P.s I'm really hoping it wasn't one of my reviews that was disastrously unuseful :/

As we are on the subject, is it the reviews with the most helpful votes that get chosen as the reviews of the month? I always wonder how they pick it as there are usually so many great reviews

[suspended user]

suspended user

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

era wrote:

I know, I know. I just feel like I cheated. Because it also sends a signal to Lovehoney how users find some reviews helpful or not. And I hence feel like lying to them and to the potential outcome for other users.

I said it was useful (wrongfully) ⇒ they encourage other unuseful reviews like that ⇒ people find them unuseful (like I honestly did) ⇒ Lovehoney bankrupts! See the disastrous domino effect of a badly cast vote in a democracy??? LOL!

*oops, I did it again on the second page too... facepalm! off for some coffee I go!!!*

Haha I see the problem. Well if lovehoney goes bankrupt we all know who to blame :p P.s I'm really hoping it wasn't one of my reviews that was disastrously unuseful :/

Yep, let's just hope all my pennies spent here will save them from the disaster of my badly cast votes on reviews... :)

Don't worry, neither of the two unhelpful reviews has been written by active forum members.

era wrote:

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

era wrote:

Yep, let's just hope all my pennies spent here will save them from the disaster of my badly cast votes on reviews... :)

Don't worry, neither of the two unhelpful reviews has been written by active forum members.

Lol I'm sure us forum members will manage to keep lovehoney open x
    Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

I am pretty conservative about hitting the like button as well, I doubt one mis hit will bring down the earth but it seems silly you cant unselect it hon.

I do my best on all my reviews. Some products there is just more to say about than others... and other times I do get a creative streak and "theme" out the review a bit but worry others may not get my sense or humor or musical references so I dont do that all the time.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I actually like creative and funny reviews, even if I might not get the references. Every day is a good day to learn something, after all.

I am mainly bugged when reviews only replicate the common knowledge that is already available in the product description. Those are a waste of my time, I wish I could click "shred" on those. :)

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

over the years, my style of writing reviews has changed. i started off as pretty much mechanical but a few people mentioned they weren't exciting to read. So i started putting 'myself' into my writing and people prefer that

Blueeyes82 wrote:

over the years, my style of writing reviews has changed. i started off as pretty much mechanical but a few people mentioned they weren't exciting to read. So i started putting 'myself' into my writing and people prefer that

I definitely prefer reviews with some personality. I wish I knew how to do it myself, my reviews are very mechanical. Although some peoples reviews have buckets of personality but forget to add what the reader really wants to know. For instance lingerie that doesn't include the reviewers measurements. A great review definitely manages to balance the two. Hats off to all those that manage it x
    popk1n [sign in to see picture]

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

I'm quite certain you can't take it back era as when I read reviews I have previously voted as helpful it says I can do it again. Sometimes I do double vote as I forget which ones I have voted for previously. I don't think it matters though as people usually read a few reviews to make a decision on a purchase and everyone finds different types of reviews helpful x

It shouldn't matter if you double vote, it should only allow you to have one vote on that review, so it shouldn't count the second vote. I've done this before, accidentally pressing it again, and if you refresh it, it should be the same number of votes as BEFORE you clicked again anyway :)

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

I definitely prefer reviews with some personality. I wish I knew how to do it myself, my reviews are very mechanical. Although some peoples reviews have buckets of personality but forget to add what the reader really wants to know. For instance lingerie that doesn't include the reviewers measurements. A great review definitely manages to balance the two. Hats off to all those that manage it x

That's one thing I always do include; have only reviewed stockings so far, but I do include my OH's measurements. If you only reviewed how something looked that'd be no use :)

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

Sex Squid wrote:

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

That's one thing I always do include; have only reviewed stockings so far, but I do include my OH's measurements. If you only reviewed how something looked that'd be no use :)

same, especially since I'm a non-standard size. Being 5ft and tiny, I hope it helps people to imagine how big the item is. I mean, if it fits me snugly, then damn it must be small fittings!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.