• Voting down reviews.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Thanks everyone for all the help and pointers.

I do appologise for getting uptight, I guess it started off as trying to add personal points but whensomeone was getting petty that really p*ssed me off. So I apologise for any grumpyness. I also apologise to Suze, thank-you for being kind about my writing, saying that it feels proffesional, I overlooked this. Sorry.

I upload my Siri review onto my blog, I have changed parts and added pictures. Here is the link http://divinedelightsboudoirbliss.blogspot.com/2011/09/lelo-siri.html I would appreciate some comparison feedback. - Sorry to be such a pain everyone.

Also, a thank-you note to blondii, you have been very kind, I do appreciate it.

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

What is the point of a fuctionality that doesn't work - turn it off!!!! Links eat posts!!

Hi Dirty Red Angel - I've been in touch with the tech team about it.

He he he sorry if I soounded a tad agressive Alice - it was doing my head in!! x

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo it's eaten my last post AGAIN Grrrrrrrr

silverdrop [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

The 'No' button is no more.

(And we're looking at this blooming glitch!)

This is good. Whether or not MM's reviews could be improved - personally I think they're very good, and everyone has their own style - the downvoting was definitely not appropriate. One or two downvotes in a dozen or so reviews, I'd consider to have been made in good faith, perhaps by someone who is really super choosy about their reviews. Multiple downvotes on nearly every review? No way. That was just harrassment/trolling and I'm glad whoever it was can't do it anymore.

As for a critiquing thread - I think it would be more useful for people to post a review before they'd published it on the site, and get critiques, and then they could edit it. It wouldn't work for tester items, since it wouldn't be fair to Lovehoney to delay the review going live, but for other items, does anyone think this is something they would use?

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Personally I don't think a critiquing thread is a good idea, I like to think that the review is written by the toy owner based on their experiences however they wish to express it. I feel if it were critiqued beforehand by people who hadn't used the toy, it could maybe affect the 'truth' of the review?

I think all reviews are valid, yes we all know there are the useless ones that just say "Fab toy, buy it" etc which are easily skimmed over, but for all the range of the rest, I like the fact that they are done differently, different writing styles etc and this may change if people offered input beforehand.

Just my thoughts tho and just cos I don't think it would work for me, doesn't mean it wouldn't for others?

Hmm, tough one. It's a shame there isn't an edit function on reviews. I know I submitted and then though wish I had included this

Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]

Blondii wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

MM. I think you've made yourself a target by starting this thread. Whomever is negging your reviews is getting a reaction and loving all this! I personally wouldn't bring it to the fore. Carry on reviewing best you can and let all the petty bullshit go in one ear and out the other! Some people like short reviews, some like long, everybody is catered for here then aren't they? Maybe you're being a tad paranoid. maybe there's a clique getting their heads together and pissing you off for some reason? Who knows?

If somebody is taking the piss they need to get out more don't they? SG

-----------

Laveila

I do agree with sexyget that MM could have make target of herself when she started to go really upset. There are people out there who do like enjoy doing this sort of thinks. I found out during the years when I was harrassed that silence, ignorance of those who are trying to do it makes it less severe as they are not getting the reaction they want to get. But when they get the reaction they want they will do it even more just to get another, worse, from the target.

So maybe just think about the few firstly marked reviews and ignore the rest and continue reviewing

You took the words from my mouth sexyget and laveila well said. This was getting to be a personal attack on you MM.

Normal 0

First of all i would like to say; is that it took MM guts to post her reviews on here and ask for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, everyone's reviews have room for improvement, my own included.

So hats off to you MM for that and some hugs* as I think you deserves that. Your an excellent writer and you shouldn't let some childish immature idiots put you off. Don't let them win by not writing anymore ; you are descriptive and thorough and you shouldn't change that.

Make the improvements you want to make, this thread is about advice afterall.

Thank you LH for removing the no button, as I definitely agree its being used out of context and in the wrong way; but to use the button as a personal attack against someone is childish and immature, this is an adult forum, no room for that behavior; this thread was feeding their sick games!

It definitely wasn't being used in the way it was intended sadly.

I feel the no button would only work if the person clicking it had to write a reason, but it shouldnt be posted publically it should go to that persons email, why should everyone read why they didnt like the review, they wouldnt have the guts to click it then as Suze said.

We just want to read the reviews not then read the whys and wherefores of it afterwards.

Great desision LH.

Well said Blondii, I agree completely.

I hope you don't take to heart the no votes on your reviews, like others have said it probably someone looking for a rise. Keep reviewing hun xx

Ps: sorry about the earlier post making no sense - I didn't realise the thread was eating posts again!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Here is my latested review:

Naughty Boy Vibrating Prostate Massager&reviewid=36003#customer_reviews

What do you think?

Oh yes, this is much better, as I know what your partner thinks and how it felt. And I got the feeling what problems you had when trying the toy. I liked this review the best out of your very recent ones

suze9 [sign in to see picture]

The fact that you describe what went wrong for you guys makes it a very helpful review for people considering whether to buy this item. Your review is personal without being graphic and contains points relevant to the experience, even though it was a negative adventure, and was a good length.

Thanks for the feedback on the review, I will try and write them more like this in future.

Not sure if anyone noticed but the dreaded packaging was underneath the personal experience part. I thought that way if people only wanted to read the personal part they could and easily skip the extra information.

I think that is a good way of liking or rating a review as helpful, that way people can see what others are and aren't finding helpful. Then again, if there is a no anywhere, it could easily be abused. Same with a star rating on review helpfulness.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

What is the point of a fuctionality that doesn't work - turn it off!!!! Links eat posts!!

Hi Dirty Red Angel - I've been in touch with the tech team about it.

He he he sorry if I soounded a tad agressive Alice - it was doing my head in!! x

Not at all!

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

There's one thing I don't really like about the new liking system and that it's all in one line: N people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes

Could you maybe split it so one sentance is above the other, so it's easier to read? If that makes sense? Just feels a bit long now, I know that might seem odd :)

crag630 [sign in to see picture]

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Here is my latested review:

Naughty Boy Vibrating Prostate Massager&reviewid=36003#customer_reviews

What do you think?

Great review love the way it was set out and in short to the point paragraphs.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Well, I know this thread is older than my sex toy collection, but I need to ask a question and didn't want to open a new thread for it and it doesn't suit any ongoing one either...

So, first off, due to this thread I actually discovered Lovehoney DID have the option of voting down reviews... Which I debated not too long ago on a different thread. But let's not get into it all over again. :)

What I need to ask now is this: I accidentally voted "yes" to a review, casting my vote as helpful. Now the thing is I only ever vote 'yes' if a review is VERY helpful (as in adds new info to the product, describes well the sensations, etc.), and never if it only states the obvious (like the stuff the content team already put on the page for me to read anyway). And my vote now has involontarily gone to one of this latter category and I want to take it back! Can I do that or is this just as with politics, you often regret having voted on the elected person anyway? :/

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

I'm quite certain you can't take it back era as when I read reviews I have previously voted as helpful it says I can do it again. Sometimes I do double vote as I forget which ones I have voted for previously. I don't think it matters though as people usually read a few reviews to make a decision on a purchase and everyone finds different types of reviews helpful x

[suspended user]

suspended user

I know, I know. I just feel like I cheated. Because it also sends a signal to Lovehoney how users find some reviews helpful or not. And I hence feel like lying to them and to the potential outcome for other users.

I said it was useful (wrongfully) ⇒ they encourage other unuseful reviews like that ⇒ people find them unuseful (like I honestly did) ⇒ Lovehoney bankrupts! See the disastrous domino effect of a badly cast vote in a democracy??? LOL!

*oops, I did it again on the second page too... facepalm! off for some coffee I go!!!*

Clockwork_Oasis [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

I know, I know. I just feel like I cheated. Because it also sends a signal to Lovehoney how users find some reviews helpful or not. And I hence feel like lying to them and to the potential outcome for other users.

I said it was useful (wrongfully) ⇒ they encourage other unuseful reviews like that ⇒ people find them unuseful (like I honestly did) ⇒ Lovehoney bankrupts! See the disastrous domino effect of a badly cast vote in a democracy??? LOL!

*oops, I did it again on the second page too... facepalm! off for some coffee I go!!!*

I like you, and the way you think, a lot! Full support of the disastrous domino effect.

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Shall I just link my reviews up now? I wouldn't say no to you accidentally voting for them? x

[suspended user]

suspended user

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

I like you, and the way you think, a lot! Full support of the disastrous domino effect.

Thank you, I like you and your way of thinking too, that is why I missed you from on here!

*shares a smile with you to cheer you up (or would you prefer a hug?)*

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.