• Voting down reviews.

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

ju wrote:

interesting thread... i read what i have time to read. less often do i read long reviews. i skim the write-ups for keywords about things i wanna know. i find the reviews really, really helpful. especially with the bras etc - i look for reviews written by women i know are roughly the same shape as me.

i don't think about the length of the reviews i write... i just note down what i really liked & disliked etc. things that matched what i, specifically, was looking for (ie fits fuller bust etc) sometimes there's lots to say, sometimes not much at all. but even a short, well written review can be helpful.

Actually this would be a good idea in my opinion at the top of reviews - for those that wanted to comment, something that allowed you to put in *your* size (or size range). That way you could look for reviews to match your size as its more relevant. Again, an optional header though.

Chimera [sign in to see picture]

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

ju wrote:

interesting thread... i read what i have time to read. less often do i read long reviews. i skim the write-ups for keywords about things i wanna know. i find the reviews really, really helpful. especially with the bras etc - i look for reviews written by women i know are roughly the same shape as me.

i don't think about the length of the reviews i write... i just note down what i really liked & disliked etc. things that matched what i, specifically, was looking for (ie fits fuller bust etc) sometimes there's lots to say, sometimes not much at all. but even a short, well written review can be helpful.

Actually this would be a good idea in my opinion at the top of reviews - for those that wanted to comment, something that allowed you to put in *your* size (or size range). That way you could look for reviews to match your size as its more relevant. Again, an optional header though.

I agree. I always try and note down my size/height/cup size in my reviews because otherwise how does anyone else know if it's relevant? But it probably gets very hidden in the text, so putting it somewhere obvious (though only as optional - I can see a lot of women not wanting to give their particulars out) would be a fabulous idea. E.g. I've been completely put off buying boots from LH because my legs are sadly pretty large, and seeing people rave about their fit doesn't mean anything when they might be a size six.

silverdrop [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I'm not sure about re-jigging the system. Perhaps offer a template with headers on so people can use it if they feel a bit stuck? So it is an option given, not cumpolsory.

I like this. An optional template I think would be a gentle change - people could continue on as they were, or they could use the template as a guideline.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for your advice everyone.

I will try and write less clinical or include a part about experience with the product.

With the Zini reviews being similar, it's because they are in some ways similar products. Same colour, same packaging, same charger, same charging system, same material, same company. similar functions. How can they not be similar?

silverdrop wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I'm not sure about re-jigging the system. Perhaps offer a template with headers on so people can use it if they feel a bit stuck? So it is an option given, not cumpolsory.

I like this. An optional template I think would be a gentle change - people could continue on as they were, or they could use the template as a guideline.

I also like this idea as well.

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

I will try and write less clinical or include a part about experience with the product.

With the Zini reviews being similar, it's because they are in some ways similar products. Same colour, same packaging, same charger, same charging system, same material, same company. similar functions. How can they not be similar?

Indeed similar but surely they had different effects? Made you feel different or react differently? I have products by the same manufacturer too but they don't make me feel the same way at all. I like to know how things worked for people or not as the case may be.

I've had a read through of the thread and agree with what others have said, I don't get any 'feeling' from your review, it just reads like a product advert, which isn't what I need, I like to know what you 'thought' or 'felt', I don't want an instruction manual....

I'm not fussed how long a review is, as long as it makes valid points that tell me how it was for them, and no I don't mean useless comments like "I came lots".

For me, your reviews read like your motivator isn't helping Lh customers, they're written like you work for the manufacturers, if am being honest, and am not trying to be offensive, I wonder who you're writing reviews for?

I never check back on my reviews so would have no clue what my 'helpfuls' or 'not helpfuls' were, I just always give an honest review on the product, ease of use, length of charge, not the greatest angle to reach the Gspot etc.

Just write from the heart I guess, don't give us the blow by blow instructions, tell us how it worked for you....

Sorry if my post is too direct, not my intention at all.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Indeed similar but surely they had different effects? Made you feel different or react differently? I have products by the same manufacturer too but they don't make me feel the same way at all. I like to know how things worked for people or not as the case may be.

I've had a read through of the thread and agree with what others have said, I don't get any 'feeling' from your review, it just reads like a product advert, which isn't what I need, I like to know what you 'thought' or 'felt', I don't want an instruction manual....

I'm not fussed how long a review is, as long as it makes valid points that tell me how it was for them, and no I don't mean useless comments like "I came lots".

For me, your reviews read like your motivator isn't helping Lh customers, they're written like you work for the manufacturers, if am being honest, and am not trying to be offensive, I wonder who you're writing reviews for?

I never check back on my reviews so would have no clue what my 'helpfuls' or 'not helpfuls' were, I just always give an honest review on the product, ease of use, length of charge, not the greatest angle to reach the Gspot etc.

Just write from the heart I guess, don't give us the blow by blow instructions, tell us how it worked for you....

Sorry if my post is too direct, not my intention at all.

I agree with this. They must've felt different in someways? They are very different products when you think aboutt the shape. Also one if more modern in design.

suze9 [sign in to see picture]

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

But they are very different as the Love has 3 motors compared to the 2 the Hua has so I would think that in use the Love would be so very different.

I have the Ran and I did give information on how it was presented, as thats part of the luxury experience, but also gave information on its use alone and with my OH. I added the Zini site address so people could have a more indepth look at the brand on a whole but only used information that I thought relevant to what I wanted to say regarding my first experience with a luxury item.

You have an amazing flair for finding information on a product and reporting it but without the personal experience something seems lost. Your reviews would not look out of place in a magazine where you are trying to sell a product for a company but anyone can find the information the companies want you to find its the stuff like how strong the vibrations are, how noisy it is, build quality, how easy it was for you or your partner to get to grips with or about that part that makes cleaning a pain that I would rather hear about in all honesty.

I do not write reviews for anyone or any company. I can't actually believe it has been suggested, I am actually offended by it.

The Zini Hua and Roae did feel quite similar actually in terms of pleasure and whatnot. They have similar patterns and they both hit my g-spot and clitoris.

I did say in the Roae review that it was called Love or Roae, I called it the Roae as that is what Zini call it. I searched for Zini Love and only came across the Lovehoney site. If someone is looking for more information then they may not find it.

Apparently yet another review has been voted down, I am getting sick of this now. I included personal point of view in this review on how to use it as a couple or during sex. The Lelo Siri.

I am starting to think people are getting petty or personal now.

Oh wait, there are more:

Ring for Sex Bell

Fun Factory Fun UK Click 'N' Charge Magnetic Charger

Burlesque Mask

Inked Glass Dildo

I think people are just going through them all and marking them down

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

I do not write reviews for anyone or any company. I can't actually believe it has been suggested, I am actually offended by it.

The Zini Hua and Roae did feel quite similar actually in terms of pleasure and whatnot. They have similar patterns and they both hit my g-spot and clitoris.

I did say in the Roae review that it was called Love or Roae, I called it the Roae as that is what Zini call it. I searched for Zini Love and only came across the Lovehoney site. If someone is looking for more information then they may not find it.

Apparently yet another review has been voted down, I am getting sick of this now. I included personal point of view in this review on how to use it as a couple or during sex. The Lelo Siri.

I am starting to think people are getting petty or personal now.

Actually no, you did not. You are not saying how you enjoyed it. I skipped through the review fast and I cannot find a single part saying I liked/disliked. I did not voted it down, but I felt more like you are giving me a lecture how to use it or maybe a bit trying to sell the Siri to me, while not telling me anything about how you felt.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I'm beginning to feel self concious about my own reviews now. Are some of mine too long or too detailed on my own body? hmm..

I like your reviews. Give me some idea what you enjoy and you make it personal. Actually I bought the chocolate willy after reading your review

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

What is the point of a fuctionality that doesn't work - turn it off!!!! Links eat posts!!

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Altho this is now eating posts, it will maybe come back to life.... so I wanted to try to add more background to my thoughts as like I said, I have no wish to offend at all.

I mention feelings etc, and you said you have included personal points of view but to me it doesn't read that way.

"The most efficient positions to use are either cowgirl (woman on top) or missionary (woman underneath). With the cowgirl, simply position the Siri against your clitoris and lean forward, stopping it from moving around or falling out. With the missionary, position Siri against your clitoris and lift your legs higher, wrap them around his or her waist. These take some time to position correctly but the results are worth it."

Through none of this do I get the feeling you have tried it like this and enjoyed it, it reads like you are just telling me it can be done. For it to be personal, you would say something like "I used it in a cowgirl position by resting the Siri against my clitoris and leaning forward, this then enabled me to, blah blah"..... and describe what it did and how it felt.

The use of the word "efficient" makes it seems a bit clinical too, again something like "I found the best positions for this were..... and the reasons were...."

Maybe it's because the review is written in the 2nd person, as opposed to the first which is what I personally feel it should be.

However like I said, I am only offering my opinion as you asked for feedback, so am just being honest in order to try and assist, I'm certainly not wishing to offend or appear petty in any way.

What about the other 5 for so that have been rated down?

They weren't that clinical.

To be honest, if anymore do get rated down, I will simply stop reviewing on here and just on my blog. I cannot be doing with pettyness.

I thought my review of this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19274 was very personal, however that has been rated down too.

I am just getting sick of reviews getting rated down, as I said, I cannot see anything wrong with the inked dildo at all.

What I will do if this happens again when I have added personal points is to just link to my blog and say all future reviews are on there on my profile.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

I thought my review of this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19274 was very personal, however that has been rated down too.

I like that review. Nothing wrong with that one.

Someone is being a bit dickish it seems.

Exactly, I just cannot be doing with it. I write reviews to be helpful and informative, ok I do them quite clinical but I am trying to change that, but I put a lot of effort and thought in. Now it just seems someone is going round my reviews and voting them down.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

I don't think anyone's suggesting that you are, just that the tone of it is similar to someone who would, and thus some readers who don't know you well enough to be sure you're 'real' might write off your reviews as being marketting, which would be a shame. and, as you've said a fair few times, you're working on it, so it's all good in da hood. :)

There's a chance someone is being petty. I could see several eventuality, such as someone 'trusting' a review of yuors and not liking the product, and taking some kind of crazy revenge, or - like was mentioned - deciding you're secretly a rep from a company and getting all vigilante to bury the 'fake' reviews. To be honest, it's impossible to say for sure, so I would try not to worry about it, really and truely there's no good reason for them to be downranked, so it's not worth your time trying to work out the why.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

*Sighs*

It's a real shame. It only takes one person to ruin things for everyone. I'd really like you to continue reviewing. I actually read your inked dildo one a while ago, and I liked it then too. Reading it again, I have rated it up for you, but a real shame that two have said it's unhelpful when it is helpful in my opinion!

Thanks AA,

I do want constructive critism which is what I got, I will try and makes changes to how I review. I have recently written another review after reading the feedback on this thread, it is the review for the naughty boy massager, which I did not like at all, neither did the OH. I have included a experience part as the first heading and then written less for the other parts and combining them to make a smaller review and less clinical (I hope). I will let everyone know when it goes live, please could people read that one and compare it to recent ones, telling me where I could improve or what I should have added etc.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.