• Voting down reviews.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Hello all,

As some of you are aware, I write a blog: http://divinedelightsboudoirbliss.blogspot.com/

I am in the process of moving all my reviews over.

Some of the reviews I have recently written have been voted down, some people have rated these as unhelpful.

Reviews:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22109&reviewid=33696#customer_reviews

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21185&reviewid=33695#customer_reviews

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17560&reviewid=35930#customer_reviews

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19089&reviewid=34460#customer_reviews

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19090&reviewid=34437#customer_reviews

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16483&reviewid=33298#customer_reviews

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15948&reviewid=27581#customer_reviews

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15783&reviewid=27378#customer_reviews

I try and write my reviews to be as informative as possible. I don't want people to find them unhelpful and if they are, I want to change that.

Please can people give me feedback on what I can do to change or improve these reviews and also any other reviews of mine you have found unhelpful.

Thanks.

suze9 [sign in to see picture]

It could be that people have noticed that similar products have been given almost exact reviews, the Zini vibes, cuffs and lubes are almost carbon copies of each other. Would it not be better to reffer people to reviews of similar products rather than write the exact same thing again.

I am really sorry but I did notice a while back and I feel it goes against the idea of reviewing a product open and honestly :(

Thanks for the feedback Suze.

I don't think I can write a review simply saying refer to this review on lovehoney. I will combine the lubricant and cuff reviews on my blog.

How do you mean about the Zini vibes?

Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]

I have noticed both the sliquid reviews are for the same product (pink lemonade) even though they are different flavours xx

Pixie_Murree wrote:

I have noticed both the sliquid reviews are for the same product (pink lemonade) even though they are different flavours xx

As I mentioned, I don't think I can simply say refer to this review.

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

I have to be honest I don't vote down a review unless it really is totally shite but other that what Suze has said I guess for me personally - the Zini review is tooooooo long. This is just my point of view but I want a quick concise detail of it and I probably wouldn't normally have read your review due to its length.

On the lubes and the pinwheel I almost felt like you was selling it to me rather than describing what *you* thought of it. You make some good points in your reviews but I want to know how you used it and what you thought - your personal emotional point of view rather than factual/clinical. I don't think I'm explaining very well what I'm trying to say.

Overall though, I shouldn't worry about a few downgrades. People always have different ideas about whats helpful - its all dependant on what you're actually looking for when scanning reviews. Just carry on doing what you're doing.

For all you know, someone could be facetious and marking down for the sake of it OR pressed the wrong button.

Angel x

Also the zini love review only really has one paragraph that reflects your opinion of the product. Most of it is running down the specifications and may come across to some people like you have copied and pasted it from the manufacturers website.

I dont mean to sound harsh or bitchy at all by the way, just my constructive observations

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Pixie_Murree wrote:

Yes but you should have writted a different review for the strawberry product. The one you have posted says nothing about the product (taste etc..) as it is about a completely different product.

Thanks for the feedback.

With luxury items, as they cost a lot I want to know everything about the product which is why I include so much detail.

I find it hard to write about my experiences without saying something like how I orgasmed like a train.

No I get that MM - luxury product needs a bit more info but it's just my personal opinion.

You don't need to say you orgasmed like a train!! Just tell us how you felt when doing/using whatever it was.

To put it into context though - out of however many reviews you've done, a few have been marked down. I really don't think its anything to be thinking about.

Pixie_Murree wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Pixie_Murree wrote:

Yes but you should have writted a different review for the strawberry product. The one you have posted says nothing about the product (taste etc..) as it is about a completely different product.

I did change the taste part, as that one was for the lemonade one. I am not sure what happened. I will ask Alice if she can edit it for me.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

There has been a spate of lots of reviews being downrated over the past eight months or so - there was a massive post made about it at the time, but can't recall anything clear enough to search it out - and there was no obvious reasoning behind it. Some theories were people trying to game the system to get their reviews further up, or hoping they'd win the comp by down-ranking every review that went live (there was actual a period where literally every new review was marked down), or a glitch that made someone click no without knowing or meaning to, or just someone who thought the No should be clicked if it didn't immediately spur you on to buying it. Never did work it out, and it calmed down a bit, but has still been going on a little: I've spotted some wonderful reviews that had "3 of 4 found this helpful" or something similar. It even went so far as there to be a discussion about removing the down-ranking option altogether, but it kind of fizzled.

Anyway, point is, don't take it too much to heart.

I agree with you, I like to know exactly what i'm spending all that money on but IF it is a luxuary toy I will visit the manufacturers website and get the low down there.

The reviews on this site I look to to get personal opinions on how strong it is, how quiet etc.. after all the product description is desgined to sell so will say it is amazing!!! I want to know how people who have used it at home have really found it.

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

No I get that MM - luxury product needs a bit more info but it's just my personal opinion.

You don't need to say you orgasmed like a train!! Just tell us how you felt when doing/using whatever it was.

To put it into context though - out of however many reviews you've done, a few have been marked down. I really don't think its anything to be thinking about.

I just struggle without saying it was very comfortable.

I know only a few have been marked down, but I don't want any of them to be unhelpful.

Pixie_Murree wrote:

I agree with you, I like to know exactly what i'm spending all that money on but IF it is a luxuary toy I will visit the manufacturers website and get the low down there.

The reviews on this site I look to to get personal opinions on how strong it is, how quiet etc.. after all the product description is desgined to sell so will say it is amazing!!! I want to know how people who have used it at home have really found it.

^^This is what I'm trying to say!^^

BashfulBabe wrote:

There has been a spate of lots of reviews being downrated over the past eight months or so - there was a massive post made about it at the time, but can't recall anything clear enough to search it out - and there was no obvious reasoning behind it. Some theories were people trying to game the system to get their reviews further up, or hoping they'd win the comp by down-ranking every review that went live (there was actual a period where literally every new review was marked down), or a glitch that made someone click no without knowing or meaning to, or just someone who thought the No should be clicked if it didn't immediately spur you on to buying it. Never did work it out, and it calmed down a bit, but has still been going on a little: I've spotted some wonderful reviews that had "3 of 4 found this helpful" or something similar. It even went so far as there to be a discussion about removing the down-ranking option altogether, but it kind of fizzled.

Anyway, point is, don't take it too much to heart.

I honestly wasn't whinging or anything, I am trying to improve them.

I think the rate up/down function is good if it is not abused. Then again, I don't think that reviews with like3 lines saying it was great and I had a brilliant orgasm is a great review, but I don't mark them down as it just seems petty.

Pixie_Murree wrote:

I do visit the site but I know many people don't.

I know that a lot of toys I have tried I haven't liked, even though a lot of people have liked them. I guess if I had seen reviews that were in depth then I probably wouldn't have brought many of them. Like some of the loudest toys I own are marked up as quiet by some people.

I do include couple experience on those that can be used with patners, but I don't know how to include personal points of view on solo toys.

I don't really know how to include personal view on solo toys, I mean everyone knows how to use one and I try and go through the features in the review.

The rate up/down is good, but not if it is abused. Then again, some of the reviews that I don't consider very helpful, like the two or three line ones with this is good and you will love it as being the main theme. However, they mostly seem to be reviews from newer reviews. I know that mine were the same to begin with, but if lots of people voted them down I would have probably given up.

Great, now this thread is swallowing posts.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

When I write a review I try to make it both as description of how the thing works - if it has patterns, what the patterns are. And add what I think about it, how it works for me and sometimes I do compare it to other products which worked better for me, what else I tried with the vibe, what I dont like, etc.

I did not mark any review down for MM, I very rarely do (did it 2-3times when the review was like extremelybad) but I admit I gave up reading the Zini Love review as my first thought was: That looks completely like the other Zini vibrator she owns. And I went away. And I think I had the similar feeling about some of the other reviews as well. This maybe why someone did click it was not helpful. Also it does bit lack the more personal view at times

suze9 [sign in to see picture]

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

How do you mean about the Zini vibes?

Sorry but they are worded almost exactly the same as each other and neither gives your personal view/experience on its use, which is what people look for when buying something so expensive. It almost feels like you have not used them, not saying you have not its just how it reads as it seems very inpersonal, clinical almost, and are working for Zini, not personally reviewing a purchase or gift.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.