• Problems in the bedroom

nate [sign in to see picture]

Okay so this is going to sound an odd one to some but here goes I LOVE MY GIRL but there is one problem i have when it comes to Bedroom fun and that is this

She has a two year old deaf dog on which sleeps in he same room and i am finding it difficult to perform with her when the dog is there it is seriously off putting. we have had a few disagreements about it but still no luck it has a cage in the kitchen and a comfy mattress and blanked but because it is not near her it starts yapping and whimpering even with the sodding muzzle on you can hear the git so she gives in and brings it to bedroom to sleep any one got any advice on how to get her to keep the thing in the cage or i might as well just lock up my cock and balls and just stick with licking her out in both holes ????

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

It's a sensitive topic - obviously the dog needs some reassurance especially if he's deaf.

You need her to understand that you care about the dog's well being but you're finding it difficult. Maybe you could spend time researching and reading up on how to reasure the dog without her needing to be with it all the time - show her you care, but you also need some private time with her too. Sit down and have a chat with her and tell her you are willing to spend lots of time getting the dog gradually used to sleeping alone and you don't want to traumatise the poor thing by putting it out alone and leaving it there.

As for how you get the dog used to being alone - you really need her on side - as long as she's there contradicting your aim and teaching it that endless barking will get him some attention then you'll get nowhere and only build up a "me and him" sort of scenario which isn't healthy for your relationship. I can't say the best tactic, I'm no dog trainer and our dog was already pretty well behaved when we got her (age 4 - she's a rehome) but someone might have tips? Maybe read up online!

Adx

sharry [sign in to see picture]

Does the dog do anything whilst you're trying to perform? If he/she just lies there and goes to sleep (as long as it's not on the bed with you) I don't see why you have a problem. I can understand if it's jumping up etc but is there really no way you can ignore it if it's just lying there? Is there a way you can curtain/block off the area it sleeps in, so at least you have some privacy and it's not left alone.

Does the dog howl when left on it's own at other times? The dog does need to be trained to be okay on it's own, for your neighbours sake if no-one elses. Maybe it's yapping and whimpering BECAUSE it's got a muzzle on... why are you muzzling it? If you or your girlfriend don't have the knowledge to train it then there's some great books on dog training which you can get from the library. Failing that, you could take it to a dog trainer and get their advice. Perhaps put your query up on a dog training forum board.

nate [sign in to see picture]

The reason we have to muzzle it is when ever and i do mean when ever my other half leaves the room it barks yaps and whimmpers as it is to fricking needy and due to it being deaf too it never believe me it NEVER shuts up so we have to muzzle or it would just bark for ever i have even said put the cage in the bedroom thats fine if she wont leave it down stairs grr but due to the room being only small its hard to fit it in there and the Dog well lets say it climbs on the bed and is really annoying coz it tends to want to sleep between us and i am loosing a battle with her believe me i dont mind it except i do not bellieve a Dog should be aloud upstairs period but to save argueing with her i just try and keep shut no trainer will take it as it is deaf and they dont have the training to deal with a deaf dog she got it before we met it was a gift from her Ex i think it was his revenge for her kicking him out (it had ended before me so i was not the cause of the break up)

sharry [sign in to see picture]

nate wrote:

The reason we have to muzzle it is when ever and i do mean when ever my other half leaves the room it barks yaps and whimmpers as it is to fricking needy and due to it being deaf too it never believe me it NEVER shuts up so we have to muzzle or it would just bark for ever i have even said put the cage in the bedroom thats fine if she wont leave it down stairs grr but due to the room being only small its hard to fit it in there and the Dog well lets say it climbs on the bed and is really annoying coz it tends to want to sleep between us and i am loosing a battle with her believe me i dont mind it except i do not bellieve a Dog should be aloud upstairs period but to save argueing with her i just try and keep shut no trainer will take it as it is deaf and they dont have the training to deal with a deaf dog she got it before we met it was a gift from her Ex i think it was his revenge for her kicking him out (it had ended before me so i was not the cause of the break up)

Nate, muzzling a dog will not stop him from making a noise. I trained my dog to sit etc to hand signals. There's also things like vibrating collars to distract or attract their attention. You and/or your girlfriend need to train the dog. TBH it's inhuman to treat it this way. I did a Google search on training for deaf dogs and got these up straight away. There's loads of information out there you just have to look for it.

http://www.deafdogs.org/training/

http://www.deaf-dogs-help.co.uk/

http://www.redgatesagility.co.uk/deafdogs.html

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.