• medication and mirena coil

ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]

I have recently had the mirena coil fitted for contraception purposes and endometriosis treatment, after having the copper coil which gave me terrible periods.

My consultant gynae also prescribed me a drug called norethisterone in order to curb my so called irregular bleeding. I have also read it is used to treat endometriosis also. I have to take it non stop every day 3x a day for 3 months.

I was wondering if anyone else had been given this when they first had mirena inserted until it settled down as regards periods? I am still a little confused as to why they've given me this? My periods were sometimes irregular but not every month, and only since having the copper coil were they heavy and very painful. I can't help thinking they've really given me it for my endo, even though I had it removed via diathermy but was told in time it may return.

ronnie-baby.

xx

ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]

Also taking these drugs with mirena, I assume I will still be protected against pregnancy?

xx

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

ronnie-baby wrote:

Also taking these drugs with mirena, I assume I will still be protected against pregnancy?

xx

it's probably best to give NHS direct a ring, as theyre the people qualified to tell you, esp as there's a risk of pregnancy it's worth getting the right knowlage. http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.