• Silencers

brockleyfox [sign in to see picture]

Ok, i have a vibrator. It was meant to be for my bum, but i've never realy enjoyed it. Probably something to do with the shape or something. Anyway, I do love using it on my penis. The vibrations feel fantastic. However, lately, it has started making a lot of noise. (or perhaps it's always been loud and i just didn;t notice!)

So, my uestion is this.... is there anyway i could "mufle" the sounds? Short of only ever masturbating under my douvet!

Many thanks!

Clown Feet [sign in to see picture]

Wrap it up in egg boxes

haha, egg boxes? certainly that would muffle the sound.. but! ;)

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

I think that vibrators do get louder as they get older, depending on the build quality.

I don't think there is any way to muffle the sound that wouldn't cause you to loose vibration, but you can disguise the sounds by creating other noises at a similar or louder frequency as the toy, either by playing music or turning on a tv in your room.

Another thing to remember is that vibration travels through objects better than they travel through air, so you might be sitting quite happily on your bed thinking that you are silent or are covering up with other noises, when really the vibrations are traveling right through your body, down the legs of your bed and making a rather lovely job of resonating through the gap between your floor and the ceiling of the room bellow you. (I have a wooden bed and wooden floors. I check every toy I own that vibrates to see if the noise travels downstairs this way to work out what I can use at what times with what settings. Paranoia ftw. Baths are also terrible for this, because the water and all the hard surfaces loooove to transmit vibration.)

So yeah, I don't think there is much you can do other than trying to drown the noise out. If it's purely from a personal irritation point of view and you don't care about anyone else hearing, then drowning it out or headphones are good. =)

Mr. 10 [sign in to see picture]

Get some background noise going and try to use it in a way that won't let the sound of the vibrations travel too far.

Probably the easiest solution is to use it under the covers in your bed.

Pixieking talks alot of sense, too.

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

I reckon its big-ends are clapped 8-)=

You could try oiling the motor bearings with EP140 gear-oil to see if that shuts it up a bit.

Gyrator, i want to silence it... not give it an MOT! lol. I think i will try using it in bed from now on. ALthough as Pixi says, the vibrations can still reverberate through the floor boards. I'm too bothered about the noise it's self... i'm just rather worried about other people hearing it.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.