• coming off the pill and weight loss???

    1307625435
    ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 409
    • Joined: 6 Jan 2010

    I came off the pill in january this year and up to march/april I had lost half a stone, I was 10 stone then went down to 9.5 stone.we are now in june and I have continued to lose more weight nearly totalling up to a stone so making me almost 9 stone . I was not overweight before the pill, during taking it or even now. I am a average size 12, but I feel too skinny now as all the weight has come off me around my shoulders, arms and waist etc. Not where I could do with losing it most- around my thighs. I am a typical pear shaped woman with most of my body proportion lying around my hips,bum and thighs.

    I don't like it as I am beginning to notice and so has my oh as well as other people who have mentioned how much weight I seem to have lost 'up top', my shoulders even feel slightly boney and my wrists extra skinny now, people even are beginning to question if I am looking after myself properly or eating properly e.g my parents. Nothing has changed.

    I know it's normal for your body to adjust after coming off the pill after being on it for so long (over 6 years in my case), but I was never even this weight or as skinny as I am now before I even comtemplated taking the pill. My eating habits remain the same, I eat constantly and alot, and I am not exercising any more or less than usual and am not or have been under any intense stress that I know of. It just doesn't seem right?

    rb

    xx

    1307625620
    ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 409
    • Joined: 6 Jan 2010

    can I mention thsat when I reached 9.5 stone around march/april, it seemed to settle for a few weeks so i thought it had regulated itself and stopped but then I noticed it had continued when I weighed myself again late may/early june and am now nearly 9 stone.

    rb

    xx

    1307626288
    Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 295
    • Joined: 3 Feb 2011

    I've been off the pill for a year now and I too lost weight (half a stone) in the first 6 months. But I seemed to settle after that.

    If your concered I'd see a doctor to rule out any other causes x

    1307627458
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2303
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    ronnie-baby wrote:

    I came off the pill in january this year and up to march/april I had lost half a stone, I was 10 stone then went down to 9.5 stone.we are now in june and I have continued to lose more weight nearly totalling up to a stone so making me almost 9 stone . I was not overweight before the pill, during taking it or even now. I am a average size 12, but I feel too skinny now as all the weight has come off me around my shoulders, arms and waist etc. Not where I could do with losing it most- around my thighs. I am a typical pear shaped woman with most of my body proportion lying around my hips,bum and thighs.

    I don't like it as I am beginning to notice and so has my oh as well as other people who have mentioned how much weight I seem to have lost 'up top', my shoulders even feel slightly boney and my wrists extra skinny now, people even are beginning to question if I am looking after myself properly or eating properly e.g my parents. Nothing has changed.

    I know it's normal for your body to adjust after coming off the pill after being on it for so long (over 6 years in my case), but I was never even this weight or as skinny as I am now before I even comtemplated taking the pill. My eating habits remain the same, I eat constantly and alot, and I am not exercising any more or less than usual and am not or have been under any intense stress that I know of. It just doesn't seem right?

    rb

    xx

    I haven't resently came off the pill, though did come off the patch which might be the cause for me to lose weight. I've lost over 15kg in the last 6months and would now be classed as underweight. I too keep getting questioned by people, and I'm always being asked if I'm eatting right. Yes I am I have a good amount of carbs, protien, and veg.... one of my sisters finds this hard to believe and called me a lier basically. Another thing which really is annoying me is the comments such as 'Oh my God you've gotten so thin', 'Wow your legs are so skinny'.... I get these comments everytime I see people right now and often they said them the last time I saw them; it's driving me mad.

    In regards to you losing weight in all the wrong places, generally people lose an even amount of weight all over but it just looks skinner in the areas you are more toned. Thighs are a pain to tone.

    I do exercise a lot, though I've been exercising like this for about two years now and never affected my weight. I haven't changed the amount I do, if anything I have been doing less. I did talk with my GP and they can't see any reason for why I'm losing weight, and doesn't think it's exercise or coming of the patch. Went for blood test as well and all seemed normal. It's always a good idea to go to your GP just incase, rapid and regular weight loss can be for many reasons including illness.

    Another reason could be the amount you sleep, this affects weight loss and gain alot. If you are getting a better amount of sleep needed for your body it can help towards losing weight.

    But yep, in a similar situation and still keep losing weight, I'm not sure when it'll stop and the reason why it's happening. I'm currently thinner than I was 14, and then I wasn't as tall and did have much of a bust... Luckily my cupsize hasn't changed just my back/underbust size has gotten smaller.

    Sure other people will be more helpful, considering I haven't been on the pill for years and wasn't on it for long.

    1307628200
    GingerConcubine [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 86
    • Joined: 31 May 2011

    My weight is irritatingly variable, though I'm not on the pill (and never have been). Apart from having slightly larger breasts, I'm now the same size (including height ) as I was when I was 11 (and can fit into the clothes I wore then).

    My size changes on a daily basis, and I've not changed my eating or exercising habits. On Sunday I wore trousers that were a size 6, and on Tuesday the same trousers wouldn't zip up and I had to wear a 10. Trying the 6 on again today, they fit again... (it's always the weight on my stomach that changes). It's just really irriating, especially planning clothes. I'm going to a ball in a few weeks, and have no idea that any dress I buy will fit me on the day..

    1307629196
    ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 409
    • Joined: 6 Jan 2010

    The Nymphomaniac wrote:

    ronnie-baby wrote:

    I came off the pill in january this year and up to march/april I had lost half a stone, I was 10 stone then went down to 9.5 stone.we are now in june and I have continued to lose more weight nearly totalling up to a stone so making me almost 9 stone . I was not overweight before the pill, during taking it or even now. I am a average size 12, but I feel too skinny now as all the weight has come off me around my shoulders, arms and waist etc. Not where I could do with losing it most- around my thighs. I am a typical pear shaped woman with most of my body proportion lying around my hips,bum and thighs.

    I don't like it as I am beginning to notice and so has my oh as well as other people who have mentioned how much weight I seem to have lost 'up top', my shoulders even feel slightly boney and my wrists extra skinny now, people even are beginning to question if I am looking after myself properly or eating properly e.g my parents. Nothing has changed.

    I know it's normal for your body to adjust after coming off the pill after being on it for so long (over 6 years in my case), but I was never even this weight or as skinny as I am now before I even comtemplated taking the pill. My eating habits remain the same, I eat constantly and alot, and I am not exercising any more or less than usual and am not or have been under any intense stress that I know of. It just doesn't seem right?

    rb

    xx

    I haven't resently came off the pill, though did come off the patch which might be the cause for me to lose weight. I've lost over 15kg in the last 6months and would now be classed as underweight. I too keep getting questioned by people, and I'm always being asked if I'm eatting right. Yes I am I have a good amount of carbs, protien, and veg.... one of my sisters finds this hard to believe and called me a lier basically. Another thing which really is annoying me is the comments such as 'Oh my God you've gotten so thin', 'Wow your legs are so skinny'.... I get these comments everytime I see people right now and often they said them the last time I saw them; it's driving me mad.

    In regards to you losing weight in all the wrong places, generally people lose an even amount of weight all over but it just looks skinner in the areas you are more toned. Thighs are a pain to tone.

    I do exercise a lot, though I've been exercising like this for about two years now and never affected my weight. I haven't changed the amount I do, if anything I have been doing less. I did talk with my GP and they can't see any reason for why I'm losing weight, and doesn't think it's exercise or coming of the patch. Went for blood test as well and all seemed normal. It's always a good idea to go to your GP just incase, rapid and regular weight loss can be for many reasons including illness.

    Another reason could be the amount you sleep, this affects weight loss and gain alot. If you are getting a better amount of sleep needed for your body it can help towards losing weight.

    But yep, in a similar situation and still keep losing weight, I'm not sure when it'll stop and the reason why it's happening. I'm currently thinner than I was 14, and then I wasn't as tall and did have much of a bust... Luckily my cupsize hasn't changed just my back/underbust size has gotten smaller.

    Sure other people will be more helpful, considering I haven't been on the pill for years and wasn't on it for long.

    Yes Nymph, My cupsize hasn't changed but my underbust has gone down 2 inches or more. As regards getting enough sleep, I don't have a regular pattern and I rarely get a guaranteed 6 hours per night! I don't work out and very rarey have yet my heavier proportion of my body still remains the same, my job is quite physically demanding always on the go, but has been for years now. the only time I really remember being this weight is when I was about 15/16 years old. I hate it cos it makes me look so out of proportion, I am quite broad shouldered anyway, so now they are skinny and what with my wide, thick set thighs/hips it loooks even more odd.

    xx

    1307646525
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3503
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    GingerConcubine wrote:

    It's just really irriating, especially planning clothes. I'm going to a ball in a few weeks, and have no idea that any dress I buy will fit me on the day..

    Safety pins.

    Ball gowns are fairly easy to pin :)

    The Nymphomaniac wrote:

    Another thing which really is annoying me is the comments such as 'Oh my God you've gotten so thin', 'Wow your legs are so skinny'.... I get these comments everytime I see people right now and often they said them the last time I saw them; it's driving me mad.

    A massive, massive pet hate of mine! These people would never dream of saying "wow, you've gotton so fat" so why say the equivalent to someone who's slender.

    The number of people who asked me if I was annorexic when I was slimmer and it was a huge insecurity for me - I couldn't gain weight despite eating like a horse...in fact it was the pill that finally put some meat on my bones but I wouldn't have had an issue with it if it weren't for all the inconsiderate people focusing on my weight or all the people who to increase their own confidence about their curves find it acceptable to take shots at slim women with examples of "who'd want to cuddle up to a bag of bones" () which really winds me up!! As if people think every slim person chooses to be that way!

    It really does wind me up. Tell people to mind their own!

    As for the continued weight loss, I can't say I have any experience with coming off the pill but if you're worried, you should see your doctor :)

    Adx

    1307646821
    Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 710
    • Joined: 16 Sep 2010

    Perhaps to turn this on its head slightly I have gone on the pill and noticed that I'm putting on weight so by the same way of thinking when you come off of it you might lose it?

    But as others have said, Dr's if you're not sure

    Angel x

    1307647234
    GingerConcubine [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 86
    • Joined: 31 May 2011

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    GingerConcubine wrote:

    It's just really irriating, especially planning clothes. I'm going to a ball in a few weeks, and have no idea that any dress I buy will fit me on the day..

    Safety pins.

    Ball gowns are fairly easy to pin :)

    I have at least one safety pin on me at all times, I just generally have them attached to the labels of my clothes, just in case.

    1307706798
    CheekySparky [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 22
    • Joined: 24 Nov 2010

    Hi one and all

    This will vary for each http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_symptoms_can_you_expect_after_going_off_the_pill#. Some will experience a long delay in return to their normal cycle, but most women who were regular pre-pill can expect normalcy to resume within about 3 months. Some women notice symptoms like headaches, mood swings, more blemishes and increased PMS (cramps, bloating, etc.) post-pill. Others who have had troubling symptoms on the pill will start feeling better soon after getting off of the pill. On the plus side, many women have reported feeling increased libido, feeling more "clear-headed" and even some weight loss after going off of the pill. Essentially, womens bodies, hormones, etc. are different therefore people can have very different experiences - just like the variety of experiences of being on the pill. Give it some time to get back to your normal cycle and if you do not return to your normal cycle after about 3 months (assuming you were regular before the pill), it may be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor.
    Was discussing your forum with my friend and she says look at this link

    Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_symptoms_can_you_expect_after_going_off_the_pill#ixzz1OrwMqsSq hugs Mac x
    1307707253
    ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 409
    • Joined: 6 Jan 2010

    CheekySparky wrote:

    Hi one and all

    This will vary for each http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_symptoms_can_you_expect_after_going_off_the_pill#. Some will experience a long delay in return to their normal cycle, but most women who were regular pre-pill can expect normalcy to resume within about 3 months. Some women notice symptoms like headaches, mood swings, more blemishes and increased PMS (cramps, bloating, etc.) post-pill. Others who have had troubling symptoms on the pill will start feeling better soon after getting off of the pill. On the plus side, many women have reported feeling increased libido, feeling more "clear-headed" and even some weight loss after going off of the pill. Essentially, womens bodies, hormones, etc. are different therefore people can have very different experiences - just like the variety of experiences of being on the pill. Give it some time to get back to your normal cycle and if you do not return to your normal cycle after about 3 months (assuming you were regular before the pill), it may be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor.
    Was discussing your forum with my friend and she says look at this link

    Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_symptoms_can_you_expect_after_going_off_the_pill#ixzz1OrwMqsSq hugs Mac x

    Hi hun, I wasn't regular pre-pill as I was too yound at the time of going on it. I never suffered any side effects on the pill, and none since coming off it apart from the weight loss.obviously my libido is slightly higher but nothing too much to shout about. And my cycle remained normal anmd regular since stopping it and always was whilst on it. I know it can take a while for your body to adjust but mine adjusted itself within the first month as regards my cycle etc...I just would've thought my weight loss would have adjusted itself and stopped by now. I was never really this weight, apart from when I was 15/16 and still developing.

    Fells confused! lol

    xx

    1307711072
    SweetSubmission [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 462
    • Joined: 7 Sep 2009

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    ...people would never dream of saying "wow, you've gotton so fat" so why say the equivalent to someone who's slender.

    ...people who to increase their own confidence about their curves find it acceptable to take shots at slim women with examples of "who'd want to cuddle up to a bag of bones" which really winds me up!!

    I actually think you're sadly mistaken on the first count Ad - I gained a significant amount of weight during a period of ill health, and the world and his wife saw fit to mention it in terms pretty close to those you've stated! Very upsetting and unhelpful, as you can imagine. Seemingly, whether you're big, small, curvy, slender, pale, tanned, Miss World or whatever, people think it's ok to comment. Unbelievable.

    In terms of the second bit I quoted, that's awful. Nobody should boost their self esteem at the expense of someone else's. I know you and I are chalk and cheese in the body type department (I wear a K cup bra and have a tendency to gain weigh easily, currently a size 16 - even when i'm at my slimmest and wear a 30 back size and size 10 jeans, I need a HH cup and space for a significant bum) but I wouldn't dream of combatting my body hang ups by comparing myself to you, or anyone your build! It's not only cruel, but also, not remotely effective in terms of making anyone feel better.

    It happens both ways round though, sadly. There was a thread on here a while back singing the praises of little bosoms (to which I added my whole hearted agreement, hurrah for "french breasts") but which, seemingly in a misguided attempt to boost the confidence of some of the littler-cupped ladies, became a rather upsetting slating of big boobs. Do you remember?

    SS xx

    1307716898
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2303
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    Hey Ad,

    something has confused me and it was only until I read SS's post I remembers. Can't thinner girls have curves? Even after losing so much weight I still have very noticable curves compared to others regardless of size. I'm not sure why though, maybe it's because I do exercises to keep these area firm and toned.

    Just confused me slightly as I'm certain even some of the girls I know who are size 8 can appear to have curves/ hourglass shape.

    1307729648
    SweetSubmission [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 462
    • Joined: 7 Sep 2009

    The Nymphomaniac wrote:

    Hey Ad,

    something has confused me and it was only until I read SS's post I remembers. Can't thinner girls have curves? Even after losing so much weight I still have very noticable curves compared to others regardless of size. I'm not sure why though, maybe it's because I do exercises to keep these area firm and toned.

    Just confused me slightly as I'm certain even some of the girls I know who are size 8 can appear to have curves/ hourglass shape.

    hi Nymph,

    Here's my penny's worth:

    Lots of people use curvy as a euphemism for overweight. Which means that lots of slim girls with bigger busts and hip-to-waist ratios believe they are fat, as that is what "curvy" has come to mean sometimes.

    Of course slender girls can have curves and an hourglass shape. I am ludicrously curvy, as in my waist is much much smaller than my boobs and hips, and this has been true when I have been a size 8 and a size 18. If a girl with a more sporty or model-esque straight up and down figure gained weight, she probably wouldn't suddenly change shape, and become an hourglass. She'll just be a bigger or smaller version of her normal self! That'll be why you're still truly curvy, even though you've lost so much weight.

    Curvy shouldn't be a euphemism for plus size. It's fine to be a plus size girl, there's no need to use a code to refer to it!

    SS xx

    1307731485
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3503
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    SweetSubmission wrote:

    It happens both ways round though, sadly. There was a thread on here a while back singing the praises of little bosoms (to which I added my whole hearted agreement, hurrah for "french breasts") but which, seemingly in a misguided attempt to boost the confidence of some of the littler-cupped ladies, became a rather upsetting slating of big boobs. Do you remember?

    SS xx

    I do remember, I think I may have picked the poster up on it too - it's a huge pet hate of mine in every way, of course I can relate more to insults at slender people and flat chested people *but* my issue is with people comparing and insulting others to make up for their own insecurities and I'll pick people up when they comment on anyone!

    I'm also amazed at your mention of people's reactions to weight gain!! I'm genuinely suprised, most people I encounter are much more forgiving of overweightness than underweightness....in fact - my mother thinks I should gain weight now when I'm well within the healthy range for my shape, size, age and fitness level.

    Personally I try to avoid stating the obvious, I've found most people are insecure about the thing that stands out the most on them - tallness, shortness, slimness, curvyness, bigness, curly hair, baldness etc. even if everyone else things it's the best trait in the world, the person can be crushingly insecure about it, so I avoid mentioning it unless they mention it themselves!

    The Nymphomaniac wrote:

    Hey Ad,

    something has confused me and it was only until I read SS's post I remembers. Can't thinner girls have curves? Even after losing so much weight I still have very noticable curves compared to others regardless of size. I'm not sure why though, maybe it's because I do exercises to keep these area firm and toned.

    Just confused me slightly as I'm certain even some of the girls I know who are size 8 can appear to have curves/ hourglass shape.

    Absolutely. But some women are slim without curves and that's cool too (hate the reference to someone looking like a boy - so insulting!).

    I have big bones and I'm very muscular and I'm very grateful for it because it makes my hips wide and I have curvy thighs and bum.

    But I have no waist and without the hippiness I am straight up and down. People can be very, very harsh about women who don't have curves but are also slim, and very forgiving of slim women with big boobs/bum because it disguises the slenderness!

    It's amazing the hatred some people have for slim people - however there's just generally a lot of hate around these days! People seem to think belittling someone else makes themselves better. Baffling! Glad we have very little of that here, and when it does happen I get all preachy :P because it's my mission to encourage people to think before they speak - the way things are in the media etc. it's really easy to insult people without realising you're doing it because it's so "normal" these days!

    Adx

    1307742238
    Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 710
    • Joined: 16 Sep 2010

    SweetSubmission wrote:

    The Nymphomaniac wrote:

    Hey Ad,

    something has confused me and it was only until I read SS's post I remembers. Can't thinner girls have curves? Even after losing so much weight I still have very noticable curves compared to others regardless of size. I'm not sure why though, maybe it's because I do exercises to keep these area firm and toned.

    Just confused me slightly as I'm certain even some of the girls I know who are size 8 can appear to have curves/ hourglass shape.

    hi Nymph,

    Here's my penny's worth:

    Lots of people use curvy as a euphemism for overweight. Which means that lots of slim girls with bigger busts and hip-to-waist ratios believe they are fat, as that is what "curvy" has come to mean sometimes.

    Of course slender girls can have curves and an hourglass shape. I am ludicrously curvy, as in my waist is much much smaller than my boobs and hips, and this has been true when I have been a size 8 and a size 18. If a girl with a more sporty or model-esque straight up and down figure gained weight, she probably wouldn't suddenly change shape, and become an hourglass. She'll just be a bigger or smaller version of her normal self! That'll be why you're still truly curvy, even though you've lost so much weight.

    Curvy shouldn't be a euphemism for plus size. It's fine to be a plus size girl, there's no need to use a code to refer to it!

    SS xx

    I personally don't think curvy has necessarily come to mean plus-size. I'm 16/18 (and slightly overweight) but I AM curvy. I'd much rather say I'm curvy than wander around saying I'm overweight.

    Of course slimmer people can be curvy as can bigger people but if someone is overweight, in my eyes at least, they're overweight. I don't look at someone who is a larger size and think "she's curvy" (well to be honest I probably don't think anything about it at all)

    Anyway my point is, plus-sized women shouldn't be 'blamed' (as such) for slimmer but curvy women feeling fat. And I don't like the term plus-sized anyway although I know it is accepted. Are people who are a 6-8 minus sized?? I'm plus what size exactly?

    Would much rather refer to myself as curvy!!

    1307742317
    Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 710
    • Joined: 16 Sep 2010

    Although having said that we've gone off topic now!

    Sorry ronnie x

    1307825969
    ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 409
    • Joined: 6 Jan 2010

    that's ok, I couldn't agree more though.

    I think it's what is fed to us every day in society and in the media to the fact that alot of people associate the term 'curvy' with people who are overweight and see it as a more polite and acceptable way of saying so without actually having to say the 'f' word.

    I don't agree with this and feel it is to blame for alot of peoples inferior complexes as to how they feel about their bodies and if they were to reach a certain (clothes) size, they are classed as curvy/overweight as some might view it. I am a size 12, and I am somewhat curvy (more so hips and bum), I am not overweight, in fact if I carry on the way my body's going I'll soon be classed as underweight. I do look at some curvy women sometimes and think how gorgeous they are with such curves and wish I was a little more 'well covered' should we say?! But then I think again and know that I probably couldn't carry it off as well as some do.

    Having said that now that I am at my skinniest, I often wonder if I'd be happier now or if I'd had put on a little more weight and become size 14 cos I feel so much in limbo and stuck in the middle as I'm neither here nor there? I say I'm size 12, I am to an extent, but I'm not quite a size 10, if it existed I'm more of a size 11. So there's no happy medium really.lol. I want to be one or the other not in between. That's why I feel so odd and out of proportion. I probably would be slightly overweight then for my body type if I was a size 14, but I wouldn't be fat as I wouldn't look it, but I would be classed as curvy. So, then would I be fat???

    I can't help thinking though that I'd look sexier and feel and look more healthier than I do now being the skinny rasher of bacon I now am thanks to my years on the pill, or should I say no thank you very much?!

    xxxx

    1307833391
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2205
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    I have to admit I am size 14 up and 16-18 on bottom and to be honest as I dont know my muscle/fat proportion I have to say my weight is close to obese rank at this (I am 5´7´´ tall). So I am being very honest to myself, that I am not slightly overweighted, but rather a lot, close to obese. So I would never call myself curvy, but I call it the correct name. I do exercises daily, sometimes rather heavy one, still I dont think I am that heavy on muscles, so I am taking myself at this size as obese, really.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.