• Pole Dancing- anyone ever tried it?

ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]

Failing that CH, buy her a pole, I have one at home, heres my review;

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16675

rb

xx

not unless it was around a pole, otherwise it wasn't pole dancing.

Bladebabe [sign in to see picture]

Myself and several friend do pole dancing for fitness and a laugh and I've been going for two years once a week. It's hard work and bruises come easily! I have very little body confidence too and don't like seeing myself in the big mirrors but then I think bigger women than me are doing this and we're all different shapes ans sizes.

I have an X-pole at home though because I have little room I don't practise as often as I should. They don't require any screws but work almost like a support (threaded adjustment) so no damage to ceilings.

It does take some learning and you'll get some tricks and spins easily, others can take bloody ages to 'click'.

I hope this helps. Have a look a X-poles, they are quite expensive but I think the best. Also check out you tube for dancers like Felix Cane-you will be gob-smacked!

pinksex [sign in to see picture]

If its too expensive, have you looked to see if there are any poledancing DVDs that might help you learn some of the moves? I know Carmen Electra released one ages ago because my friend downloaded it, I dunno how good it was but if you're a bit stuck for money, it can't hurt to have a look. There are probably loads of tutorials on YouTube too.

Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]

Many thanks for those suggestions.

Probably the main barrier that I'll need to overcome is my wife's self-consciousness, so it's unlikely that I'll be able to persuade her to go along to a class -- at least, not at first. Her fear is likely to be that she'd stand out in a bad way amongst younger and fitter women who are much better than her. I know that she wouldn't -- she's a great mover and is surprisingly lithe and strong for her small frame -- but those concerns would probably still stop her.

A DVD and home pole is probably a more likely option -- at least, for an initial try. I'll have a look around to see what's available and at what price.

katye [sign in to see picture]

Hiya Hun,

I started off on this pole, when i 1st had it erected i followed the instructions and as i was in the wieght range for not drilling it in, i didnt do so, the pole felt very flimsy and upon inversions it started to move around and eventually gave out - my advice - no matter your wieght, drill it into the ceiling!

If you feel unconfident going to classes to start, watch a few vids on you tube on how to gain strength and grip on the pole - i can assure you it will not be long until you start noticing differences in your body shape and strength, keep at this until you feel good enough about yourself to go to lessons :)

katye [sign in to see picture]

**** Mind you, my ceiling are really high, it might be okay if yours are lower

Cuddly Hubby wrote:

Many thanks for those suggestions.

Probably the main barrier that I'll need to overcome is my wife's self-consciousness, so it's unlikely that I'll be able to persuade her to go along to a class -- at least, not at first. Her fear is likely to be that she'd stand out in a bad way amongst younger and fitter women who are much better than her. I know that she wouldn't -- she's a great mover and is surprisingly lithe and strong for her small frame -- but those concerns would probably still stop her.

A DVD and home pole is probably a more likely option -- at least, for an initial try. I'll have a look around to see what's available and at what price.

Hi CH, I have a couple of 'older' ladies in my group and nobody even takes notice, if anything they are the better ones at the techniques!

xx

Enjoy me [sign in to see picture]

I really really want to get into pole dancing... Have look at some classes around my area but considering i live in a major city there arent many. There is a taster session in a bar in september but am slightly worried that due to its venue it will attract more 'clicky' attendees and will probs be watched by bar staff and the like...

What company did you use? if you dont mind me asking?

Em x

SnL [sign in to see picture]

Yea had a go on a pole in some dude's place when I was a bit tipsy. I fell on my ankle and the next day I had to go to hospital with it. It was only a bad sprain phew. I haven't tried pole dancing since.

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

Just thought I'd say I've finally bought some lessons - been wanting to do it for ages but not had the courage.

I've booked a course but dates not confirmed yet. Still nervous and unsure what to expect

awww well done DRA, I think you will really enjoy it. It is so good, and it rreally tones you up too. I hope you enjoy them. Let me know how you get on...?

xx

Well after a months worth or maybe more of lessons, I don't feel I'm progressing as there doesn't seem to be enough time for all us girls at my pole class to learn the moves, and get them right and each class seems to be so repetitive due to us all being at different levels and waiting for others to catch up on the moves in the routine. So I am off tonight to a new pole class, this time as a one-to-one with me and the teacher. Should be interesting but I'm sure I'll learn far much more this way and quicker! She claims to be one of the best and first in UK to start the classes/craze, and offering jobs in various clubs if you so wish to after the course. Don't think I could do it though, not even if this gives me all the confidence in the world!

rb

xx

After just two one hour 1-1 lessons with a new pole teacher I am now on routine number 3! Never thought I'd be such a quick learner. I am progressing so much more than at my lesson before. It's amazing and my new teacher truly is one of the best! Still can't get used to these awful pole burns though.

rb

xx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.