• its the little things....

Wench [sign in to see picture]

Funny how little things can change you're view of yourself.

for years my hair has given me hell,dry,greasy,firry etc and hence I've never felt truly sexy. but after trying a new shampoo ,wo! I lvoe my hair,have wore it down for two full days and I feel so sexy!

Like,child in nursy for 2 hours let go have some fun and I'm not the dominant one, sexy.

this may seem an odd thread but its a mini breakthrough for me and i just wondered if anyone else has had similar 'little thing' change their view of themselves. *prepares for all the small jokes,lol*

EmilyBlenkins [sign in to see picture]

I cannot stand my thighs (No pun intended)

They make me hate myself.

bashmybishop [sign in to see picture]

em they look good in your photos

EmilyBlenkins [sign in to see picture]

You can't see them in my photos.

can just about and if they are as good as the rest you have no worries

niftyb [sign in to see picture]

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

You can't see them in my photos.

not in the ones you've uploaded here...!!! *suspicious looks to bashmybishop* o____o jokejoke!!

i was feeling SUPER down about my boobs recently... they're the last bit of me to lose weight so they look and feel super massive atm now that im exercising regularly again... though they're not THAT big (36F) i didnt have any decent supportive bras till recently so my boobs were unhappy and so was i...

i splashed out on some half decent bras in MY SIZE (i had been stupidly wearing non-wired 38D sized bras!!!) and now, though it sounds weird, my boobs are happier! they're well supported so they're more... urm... perky! lol.. and so am i! i also nabbed a (usually £30+) sports bra on ebay for just under a fiver, and it's AWESOME!!

such a little change, but having the right underwear really improves my posture, the way my clothes look, and so i feel a million times more confident and sexTASTIC! :D

wench! i must know... what shampoo WERE you using, and what did you switch too? i had a similar thing for a little while - i was using tresume (sp?) and it made my hair SAD!! then i switched to loreal (SP?!) because... well, because it was on sale AND because i'm worth it... and ive never looked back! :D

niftyb and em look if you feal good you will allways look good it is how you feal about yourself that makes a woman look great

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

i'm only 5'3 so for me its putting on heels which gives me a confidence boost, oh and I never go out the front door without make up on, ever

xGGx

thats what i mean ghost girl you feal good you look good

LeaJ [sign in to see picture]

I have the same hatred for my thighs :( But i just make sure i wear bootcut jeans or tights with skirts and i feel great :) As long as you feel confident in what you wear and how you look people will notice the difference from the smile on your face!

Redtweet [sign in to see picture]

I take the time to pamper myself at least once a week, even if I have to do it at home. I do my feet, eyebrows, pretty undies, yoga and just be really girlie and everything. That makes me feel so much better. Especially when my friend notices the effort. It also helps me to spend more time naked in the mirror to see what he appreciates and that helps me see myself differently as well.

MrSarcastic [sign in to see picture]

@Wench - always good to try out new things even if it is something as small as your nails done, buying a small gift for you other half and him replying with a small gift back a day or so later just makes a person feel great!

@Emily - You look fab in the pics you have posted, but end of the day we all have a part of our body we are never fully happy with so understand what you mean.

@GG - Hells do make a woman look propper sexy and no doubt does add a little confidence for you like you said as it makes you taller than "some" men

@Lea - great attitude! Feel good have people look at you feel f'in GREAT! lol

@Avrielle and Redtweet always helps i agree getting something new orspending a day pampering yourself makes you just feel better.

If i was to reply in this thread i would say i hate from my belly to my chest because i know they could look alot better, im not fat but i do not look after my body the way i know how to and i drink more than i should so i think this is the time to sort it all out *wipes dust of weights*.

We all have parts of our body we dont like always probably will but that something we dont like someone else will thats my 2 cents anyway!

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

im suffering from really bad depression at the moment so im not loving my look in general. I did manage to wash my hair though...

over all hate my tummy... no matter what i do it wont go away!

Occhiverdi, depression is always hard to deal with i admit and have had many talks with people, organisations etc etc right now im fighting it again im making targets im aiming for and trying to do more active activities as i admit i sit around the house too much of case eating healthy food needs to be done too because we are what we eat!

MrSarcastic wrote:

Occhiverdi, depression is always hard to deal with i admit and have had many talks with people, organisations etc etc right now im fighting it again im making targets im aiming for and trying to do more active activities as i admit i sit around the house too much of case eating healthy food needs to be done too because we are what we eat!

my OH has been fab, he took the time to create a list of different things I can do to keep busy :)

Thats great of him Occhiverdi!

Hope you start to feel better soon =)

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

occhiverdi, you sent me kind hugs when I was stressed out about my ESA appeal. Add that to your list of things to appreciate yourself for. I do.

violeteyes wrote:

bashmybishop wrote:

can just about and if they are as good as the rest you have no worries

hmmm, i cant see them

i have the same hatred for my thighs even though they are not too bad and at the moment i have come to like them (they shrink in the summer) i have always hated my hair as it is naturally curly and completely unsexy but every time i straighten it i feel like a goddess strange how little things make you feel

Violet im the same... i have solid thighs... but long legs for me height ! (5'4)

As for my hair its changed back to how it was as a child, not sure why. Its whispy at the sides, curly everywhere else.... I straighten it and voila... instant sexy.... until OH gets his hands on it and it curls again (over night and from being tied up!)

Wench [sign in to see picture]

niftyb I was using Pamolvie but I bought some Herbal Essences Smooth and Soft Shampoo and condtioner and for once it acuttly lived up to its billing. my nromal thing,flyway,frizzy yucky hair was well near perfect.And I so agree with the bra thing! !'m a 42DD and bar hunting was anightmare,then I tried SimplyYours and wow,my boobs don't actully look like they grew in 6 months,whihc they did, and have breast fed a sun.

Hugs for you Occhiverdi.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.