• Aural stimulation -- the sounds of sex

    1304952556
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    Whilst watching some soft porn with my wife, I discovered that my wife often liked to close her eyes during the sex scenes and listen to the sounds rather than watch the action. She explained that she liked using the sound as a stimulus for her imagination, so that she could modify the scene that she visualised in her mind in the way that she wanted.

    This made perfect sense to me so, as a surprise for her one evening, I presented my wife with a vibrator, an MP3 player and a pair of headphones -- and I asked her to see whether she enjoyed using them together. On the MP3 player, I had put the audio from several porn scenes that I knew she liked -- in particular, a session on a wooden kitchen table which creaked and rattled along with the moans and groans. Sure enough, my wife was suitably turned-on by the experience.

    With this in mind, I'm surprised that I haven't founds more audio clips of sex scenes alongside the massive number of video ones. I'm aware of several on-line sources of audio stories (which are also good) but not sounds. In some ways, audio is a better option than video -- you can lie down and listen rather than having to peer at a screen, and you can use your imagination to bend the scene in your mind to your liking, changing the environment or incorporating different characters with your preferred appearances.

    Any thoughts on this?

    1304952991
    toycar69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 774
    • Joined: 13 Jul 2010

    audio porn is brilliant, but I prefer story based rather than just sex sounds. There are a load of downloadable short stories available on literotica. Definitely worth taking a look at. You can also get a lot of erotic audio books from download sites like Audible.

    1304979684
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 382
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    any suggestions on the audiobook front. I'd consider this but usually I listen to audiobooks when driving. I think these might be a bit too distracting.

    Cuddly Hubby - you're a very creative guy with turning you missus on from what you've said on here. I hope she appreciates it!

    Keep sharing though I'm getting lots of good ideas from you

    1305023986
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    toycar69 wrote:

    audio porn is brilliant, but I prefer story based rather than just sex sounds. There are a load of downloadable short stories available on literotica. Definitely worth taking a look at. You can also get a lot of erotic audio books from download sites like Audible.

    Thanks for those suggestions. I'd visited the Literotica site before for the written stories but I hadn't seen that there is also a wide selection of audio material there -- stories, sounds and other tantalising stuff. I think I might soon be filling up the MP3 player and finding a headphone splitter lead so that I can listen in at the same time as my wife!

    BigPoppa wrote:

    Cuddly Hubby - you're a very creative guy with turning you missus on from what you've said on here. I hope she appreciates it!

    Keep sharing though I'm getting lots of good ideas from you

    It excites me to think that others might be trying out these ideas! They're not necessarily original -- more a mish-mash of ideas that I've seen and read about. Still, I'd love to hear back if they work!

    My wife does appreciate it! She's sometimes nonplussed by things that I suggest, but she usually gives them a try and often surprises herself with her own reaction. On the surface, she's seemingly vanilla, but if I can hook her imagination then a much naughtier side of her gets exposed.

    1305029498
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Yes! I understand this completely! Though I haven't gone as far as putting porn audio on my MP3.

    I'm tempted to buy my wife another MP3 player exclusively for this purpose. They're not expensive now, and this might avoid any... umm... confusion.

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Sex noises and sex talk are different though. Some porn audio has a lot of "yeah, take it all, slide it in you" stuff on the mans part and that often just doesn't work for me at all. Just listening to heavy breathing and a bit of murmering/sighing/occasional squeel or taken by surprise noises can work fabulously well for the imagination.

    Yes -- some porn audio can be a real turn-off! The soundtrack that my wife particularly enjoys (couple on a rustic wooden kitchen table) doesn't have any dialogue -- just creaking, rattling and moaning which gradually builds in intensity. I realised that my wife was drawn in by the scene when she first watched it because she didn't make the expected comment ("I hope they're not going to prepare food on that table without cleaning it first").

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    A huge percentage of sex, I'd say around 90% is down to mental stimulation rather than physical. I can sometimes orgasm with out any (or minimal) physical stimulation at all!

    Indeed -- and as you can probably tell, I enjoy very much playing in that area.

    1305035050
    SweetSubmission [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 558
    • Joined: 7 Sep 2009

    Cuddly Hubby wrote:

    Whilst watching some soft porn with my wife, I discovered that my wife often liked to close her eyes during the sex scenes and listen to the sounds rather than watch the action. She explained that she liked using the sound as a stimulus for her imagination, so that she could modify the scene that she visualised in her mind in the way that she wanted.

    This made perfect sense to me so, as a surprise for her one evening, I presented my wife with a vibrator, an MP3 player and a pair of headphones -- and I asked her to see whether she enjoyed using them together. On the MP3 player, I had put the audio from several porn scenes that I knew she liked -- in particular, a session on a wooden kitchen table which creaked and rattled along with the moans and groans. Sure enough, my wife was suitably turned-on by the experience.

    With this in mind, I'm surprised that I haven't founds more audio clips of sex scenes alongside the massive number of video ones. I'm aware of several on-line sources of audio stories (which are also good) but not sounds. In some ways, audio is a better option than video -- you can lie down and listen rather than having to peer at a screen, and you can use your imagination to bend the scene in your mind to your liking, changing the environment or incorporating different characters with your preferred appearances.

    Any thoughts on this?

    I think it might be to do with gender - these are generalisations, but men tend to respond primarily to visual stimuli, whereas women respond to a broader range of sensual stimuli. As porn is often made with a male market in mind, it tends to focus on the visual. That's my theory as to why there aren't more smutty sexy soundscapes out there!

    SS xx

    1305066232
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 382
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    imagining a 6CD set for sale on QVC. 'We brought together the very best sexy sounds and orgasms all together on this amazing 6 CD set for the very first time' Yours for only £19.99!

    1305071172
    Imalia [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 14
    • Joined: 24 Nov 2010

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Sex noises and sex talk are different though. Some porn audio has a lot of "yeah, take it all, slide it in you" stuff on the mans part and that often just doesn't work for me at all.

    That is soo true. I dont know what it is. The panting and moaning is a real turn on, but when they start turning it into dialogue it really turns me off. My boyfriend isn't bothered by the talking though, so I wonder if it's a gender gap thing.

    It would be great if they made audiobooks of just the noises.

    1305109712
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    Imalia wrote:

    That is soo true. I dont know what it is. The panting and moaning is a real turn on, but when they start turning it into dialogue it really turns me off. My boyfriend isn't bothered by the talking though, so I wonder if it's a gender gap thing.

    It's not entirely a gender thing. I too enjoy the sex sounds, but I find that dialogue can be the hero or villain of the piece. The right few chosen words at the right moment can be extremely arousing, but jarring dialogue can completely destroy the mood. Unfortunately, whether the dialogue works or not is likely to be subjective to the listener, so probably the best option overall is to minimise the dialogue and focus on the sounds.

    Imalia wrote:

    It would be great if they made audiobooks of just the noises.

    I'd like that! Another option might be to produce a stereo track, with the story read out on the left channel and the accompanying noises appearing on the right channel. That's very straightforward to do. Then it would be possible for the listener to ignore one or the other channel, or play them both together.

    Some self-hypnosis recordings use the technique of feeding different sets of sounds into each ear to stimulate the two halves of the brain separately, so I wonder whether this might also be effective for an erotic soundtrack.

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Imalia wrote:

    It would be great if they made audiobooks of just the noises.

    Ooh! Like you read the book while listening to the sex noises?

    Mmmm! I'm getting some serious ideas now.

    Here's the scene that I'd like to set up for my wife: scented candles in the bedroom, satin sheets on the bed, an MP3 player with two sets of headphones, and a blindfold. My wife receives orders to strip off, put on the headphones, and relax on the bed while I blindfold her. I then start the MP3 player and, while it provides its aural stimulation, I give my wife sensuous touches, rubs and nibbles by way of accompaniment. I think she'd like that!

    1305110632
    Carousel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 274
    • Joined: 18 Aug 2009

    Cuddly Hubby wrote:

    Mmmm! I'm getting some serious ideas now.

    Here's the scene that I'd like to set up for my wife: scented candles in the bedroom, satin sheets on the bed, an MP3 player with two sets of headphones, and a blindfold. My wife receives orders to strip off, put on the headphones, and relax on the bed while I blindfold her. I then start the MP3 player and, while it provides its aural stimulation, I give my wife sensuous touches, rubs and nibbles by way of accompaniment. I think she'd like that!

    Damn, can you have a word with my Hubby please?!

    (My Hubby rocks, but that does sound like an awesome idea!!!)

    MrsPx

    1305145566
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    MrsP wrote:

    Damn, can you have a word with my Hubby please?!

    (My Hubby rocks, but that does sound like an awesome idea!!!)

    You could tell him that you've read about the idea and like the sound of it but you don't think it's practical. That's the sort of challenge that's likely to motivate many blokes to prove the opposite.


    1305147758
    Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 934
    • Joined: 16 Sep 2010

    Cuddly Hubby wrote:

    MrsP wrote:

    Damn, can you have a word with my Hubby please?!

    (My Hubby rocks, but that does sound like an awesome idea!!!)

    You could tell him that you've read about the idea and like the sound of it but you don't think it's practical. That's the sort of challenge that's likely to motivate many blokes to prove the opposite.


    Many men around the world need to have a chat with you I think!!

    1305222925
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    Silly question: isn't there a possibility that self-consciousness would also make it exciting, and actually heighten rather than diminish your enjoyment?

    Sometimes I find that wife gets even more aroused when I make her feel self-conscious. For example, in the middle of an activity, I might say to her "Look at what we're doing now! Can you believe that?" and she'll flush (in a good way) as she takes in the scene. (Obviously, this could backfire if it's misjudged and introduces anxiety instead -- but hopefully you get my point)

    1305242035
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    Aww... sorry to hear that. Maybe the idea just needs a bit of time to germinate in your mind.

    1306871637
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    Update: MP3 player and extra headphones/splitter lead have arrived.

    Now to figure out what audio tracks to download...

    1307036557
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    Will do! It'll be at least a few days before I'll have anything to report. Peace and quiet is currently in short supply!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.