• Nude art Photography

1976male [sign in to see picture]

I am an ameteur photographer so I have been wanting to ask afriend of mine this question but I don't know how she would react

basically she is absolutely beautiful with a body every woman I know would be prowd of.

this is to all you women,

how would you react if a man asked you to pose naked for a photoshoot if he just wanted to practice?

you would choose the location be it a hotel or your house, you are single and you trust the man totally (no sexual propositions from him guaranteed)

all pictures would be handed back to you on the memory card out of the camera to do with what you please.

honest opinions please ladies.

cheer_up [sign in to see picture]

I'd say it depends how comfortable she is with her body, and how full-on the photos are. She might be comfortable with, say, having her back to the camera, or strategically-placed props, or she might be confident enough to bare all with gay abandon. Obviously you'd need to discuss what you had in mind beforehand.

Ultimately, I can't see anything throwing up alarm-bells for me. You'd have to ask her though!

TheKittyKat [sign in to see picture]

To me, it simply comes down to a matter of trust. I have a couple of male friends that I would do (almost) anything for if it were to help them out etc. On that basis, I would have no problems doing a naked photoshoot for them, as I would trust them implicitly that there was nothing more to it.

If, as you say, she trusts you totally and you're that close as friends, then I can't see that she would have a problem, unless she has issues with her own body, as CU referred to. And again, as CU said, just ask her!

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

OK, I'm not a female, but I do have some suggestions for you.

Firstly, as an amateur photographer I used to spend a lot of time on http://photography-on-the.net

Which is an all round forum about photography including sections on glamour / nude work. I'm sure asking the question in there will give you plenty of answers from other photographers as to how they first approached friends for modelling.

Second, the only way to full know would be to bring the subject up in conversation. I'm assuming she knows you are into photography, so it shouldn't be a shock if you tell her you are thinking about trying some glamour type photography, but don't know how to get a model. She may even be interested from the start.

Hope it goes well for you!

Mistress D [sign in to see picture]

I would be flattered. My only fear with any modeling is that pictures can get into the wrong hands but if i had control of that my answer would always be yes. X

Paddy89 [sign in to see picture]

Ask her to do clothed shoots first and see how she is with that. You might find that whilst she has a great body, she may not be comfortable in front of the camera! Plus if she says no to that then not point going out on the limb for nudity.

I asked a friend of mine something similar though not for nudes, more 'suggestive' nudes. For example in the bath with bubbles and a skin-coloured bikini (not that the bikini would be seen, it's more for her comfort). She was totally fine with that. What I will also say is that we tried it at her house and the lighting was very poor, so unless you're rigged up I would stay away from houses and hotels and places where you can't control the lighting. This is especially true if you do have her posing nude, as if the lighting is poor it will be unflattering on her body and she may not want to pose for you again.

The cheapest way to do it would be to shoot outside. This will probably not help her say yes to nudes, but ask yourself; does she really NEED to be nude? I'm sure you can get a lovely set in a forest or somewhere in the summer with her wearing a summery dress or something. Maybe this is the best way to start?

Best of luck!

1976male [sign in to see picture]

thanks for the replies and Ideas, and yes for the few shots I have in my head she would have to be at least topless!

she did tell me once she likes a photo it was of a woman with nothing but a fur coat on in a night club but her "bits" were not revealed, may pluck up the courage to ask her soon.

thaks again :)

trailerguy61 [sign in to see picture]

Conversation and communication are two of the ways you may get around to a shoot.

What you may be up against is whether she considers you too much of a friend to want to disrobe even partially, "spoiling what we have" etc etc.

If you want to get into and get relaxed photographing nudes then go onto any of the many model websites there are where so called "aspiring models and actreses" are looking to get into the modelling business, get a decent portfolio of shots together and if you get a shot, (no pun intended) at a shoot with this friend you have at least some background to show her, how you percieve shoots and how you actually portray a womans beauty.

IT`s not easy getting shoots even on model sites, bit like catch 22, models like to be able to view a half decent portfolio before agreeing a shoot and a photographer needs models to put together a portfolio for/with him to get more shoots and better experience.

The worst thing that could happen would, or might be you getting to do a shoot with her and both of you being such complete bags of nerves that it turns into a nightmare she wont want to ever repeat and you`ll forever regret.

There`s various threads on the site about this and erotic/home based photography with possibly a fair few "Ooh I wish I could do that" etc, my most recent contact with a newbie who wanted to try anything and everything has fizzled out over the past week of on/off contact to "I might have some time at a later date" which reading between the lines means, it sounded like a great idea when I joined this site but the number of guys who want me to do a shoot has been overwhelming and to be honest I`m getting cold feet !!!

Put up or shut up lol, in the nicest possible way, you wont know if she has a fantasy to do a shoot till you ask.

Worst case scenario is you`ll lose a friend, best case is she`ll agree and you`ll both get some awesome shots and share building a great portfolio but be mindful of concerns any model, not just her have about "exposure", ie what happens to the shots after a shoot and on a more personal note, what will you want to do with them.

I never post pics from any shoots without talking about doing so and in most all cases leave it up to the model.

She getrs a few hundred images, some A4 prints and free licence to do what she wants, all I ask is for some acknowledgement if/as/when any shots are posted.

Hope she comes thru, it can be fun.

BDSM [sign in to see picture]

This thread is over 2 years old. I suspect the issue has been dealt with by now.

trailerguy61 [sign in to see picture]

Information contained and/or volunteered therein not current nor usable ? lol

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.