• Where did I go wrong?

Ruledbyheart [sign in to see picture]

Hi everyone, I have been a serial lurker for a while but after last night I have decided to post.

Anyway my newish OH has a PA and it isn't something I have come across before but, upto now it has never been a problem, but last night I got a little over excited while being on top and I slipped, which can happen but I now have a 1 inch gash on my vagina just inside the lips, OUCH!!

Has anyone ever had this problem before and any idea on how long it takes to heal?

I cannot understand how it happend, OH has now taken the piercing out as he has no chance with me if he keeps it in.

It's the same one he had it pierced with just a normal ring and ball.

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

how odd... I've never heard of that happening... im wondering if the ball wasnt screwed in properly and its caught onto the threaded bit. Look into internal threaded barbells ... if not a ring...

lots of salt baths :)

The thing I don't get is the condom managed to stay intact, just myself that hasn't.

It looks like I've been scratched by someone with sharp nails.

then I would say its not the PA.... sounds like his nail has caught you or something.

nope definatly not his nail, I slipped on top and felt it happen, nothing else close to those parts at the time.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

OUCH, now this is not something I would like to imagine happening to me.

Sounds like it was the PA, also nails would need relatively lot of pressure to really cut into the skin and leave lasting gash, unless someone has extemely sharp nails (I actually cut my skin on my hand with mine once, but that was a lot of pressure). It could be the ring, although the intact condom is strange.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Have you torn internally or externally?

I get both kinds of tears often (and from nails internally all the time!) and for me they heal really quickly. Usually you just need to keep it clean and it'll heal in its own time. I'd avoid penetration of all kinds until it's healed though otherwise it'll just keep on reopening. You need to be careful to avoid infection (as the area is moist and warm which bugs love) and be aware that any broken skin increases your risk of STIs.

I'd see a doctor if it takes over say a week to heal. It the cut starts to feel hot to touch it may be infected so if that occurs also see a doc (although it's hard to say with such a warm area anyway!).

Hope it heals soon!

Adx

It's externally, I'm hoping it doesn't too long to heal, not a great start to a new relationship lol

Carousel [sign in to see picture]

My Hubby had a PA for years and we've never encountered a problem, infact I cannot imagine how a BCR would injure you in that way, especially as you say the condom was intact...

All the above advice is right, just take things easy and keep an eye on the healing. Wear loose fitting trousers where possible and keep yourself as clean as you can - salt baths are ideal.

I wonder if the gash could've been caused by friction or pressure? Or could it have been a reaction to the condom material that's weakened the skin and torn easily?

Hope you're on the mend quickly!

I agree totally with Hella... new relationship flagged the thoughts up for me. OH and I when we first met (and now) sometimes do it too much, and my body goes bonkers!

Lots of unperfumed baths, salt soaks and sudo cream, I don't think its from the PA...

baldynut [sign in to see picture]

all i can say to that is ouch !!!

sudocream may help.. it helps with chaffing :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.