• Should I review everything?

    1302957702
    crag630 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 225
    • Joined: 7 Oct 2010

    Im refering to things that have almost a hundred reviews anyway.

    1302958907
    Booties [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 455
    • Joined: 9 Dec 2010

    I have that problem too! There are a few things I have wanted to review (a rabbit, kegal balls, body paint, grab bag) that literally have 60-300 reviews or other silly numbers! I really don't know what I could bring to the equation by adding any more...

    But if you think you have something to say other than "Great. What everyone else said", or think you can add a more informative review, I say go for it!

    1302960268
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2341
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    Maybe the items have reviews which are saying its great, but you dont agree. So you do your own review. Or potentially it may be good to see them included in new reviews, as it shows popularity. And people new to sex toys do the choice often based on the reviews and yes, that does include the numbers.

    1302961395
    crag630 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 225
    • Joined: 7 Oct 2010

    Oh and what about lingerie erm I mean theoretically speaking if I had bought some for some theoretical reason would I review that as a guy all theoretical off course

    1302962499
    Nymeria [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1236
    • Joined: 26 Mar 2010

    I don't think there's such thing as a wasted review. Even if there's 300 reviews for one products, everyone has different experiences with them. Also, your rating affects the overall rank.

    It also helps strengthen and make it easier for you to get sent tester items due to the quantity and quality of your reviews.

    Also- with lingerie, it's really great for anyone to review them. It brings another dimension to the product.- having a male perspective can be interesting and useful for a potential buyer.

    I think I'd place more importance on the unreviewed items or ones with less though.

    1302963721
    Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 141
    • Joined: 25 Sep 2009

    I generally focus on reading reviews by people I recognise from the forums, and know write good ones when I'm looking at a product. So it's worth it, for anyone I think.

    1302969148
    ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 869
    • Joined: 26 Sep 2010

    crag630 wrote:

    Oh and what about lingerie erm I mean theoretically speaking if I had bought some for some theoretical reason would I review that as a guy all theoretical off course

    personally if I buy lingerie on here it is for someone else's pleasure so a male perspective is always welcome.

    xGGx

    1302972954
    glitter&gold [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 467
    • Joined: 31 Jul 2010

    Sorry for the thread hijack but I was thinking about something similar.

    What do I do if I've bought more than one of something?

    Some things like batteries or favourite vibes that I've already reviewed.

    I know that if you have reviews outstanding then you don't get selected for testers.

    I'm not sure what to do when it comes to multiple buys of the same thing?

    Would you do a new review? Copy & paste the old review? Or just not review a duplicate buy?

    1302973500
    Booties [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 455
    • Joined: 9 Dec 2010

    crag630 wrote:

    Oh and what about lingerie erm I mean theoretically speaking if I had bought some for some theoretical reason would I review that as a guy all theoretical off course

    I would personally think yes! Do it! When I buy lingerie, I'm thinking a lot about what a man will think of it on me, so I like to know the male perspective on these things. Likewise, there are a lot of men who like to wear lingerie, and I think it would be very settling for them to read about it from the view-point of a male buyer.

    glitter&gold wrote:

    Sorry for the thread hijack but I was thinking about something similar.

    What do I do if I've bought more than one of something?

    Some things like batteries or favourite vibes that I've already reviewed.

    I know that if you have reviews outstanding then you don't get selected for testers.

    I'm not sure what to do when it comes to multiple buys of the same thing?

    Would you do a new review? Copy & paste the old review? Or just not review a duplicate buy?

    Personally, I would only review it again if I have something new to say. For example, if you have bought something again to replace one that broke, you may want to comment on new packaging or the longevity of the original product... I wouldn't write a review every time I purchased the same body paint or batteries.

    I don't think they mean that by "outstanding reviews". I'm pretty sure they only count as outstanding when you have agreed to be a tester but not written your review yet. You have no obligation to review every product you purchase!

    1302974304
    MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1136
    • Joined: 1 Feb 2010

    glitter&gold wrote:

    Sorry for the thread hijack but I was thinking about something similar.

    What do I do if I've bought more than one of something?

    Some things like batteries or favourite vibes that I've already reviewed.

    I know that if you have reviews outstanding then you don't get selected for testers.

    I'm not sure what to do when it comes to multiple buys of the same thing?

    Would you do a new review? Copy & paste the old review? Or just not review a duplicate buy?

    You don't have to review everything you've bought, bloody hell, I'd be bogged down just doing reviews if so.... When Alice says outstanding reviews, she means, if she has previously sent you a tester and you haven't submitted that review then you won't be considered for any further testers until you've completed that tester review.

    If you've previously reviewed something, then unless something has significantly changed there is no need to do another.

    1302974882
    glitter&gold [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 467
    • Joined: 31 Jul 2010

    MissTerryCleavage wrote:

    You don't have to review everything you've bought, bloody hell, I'd be bogged down just doing reviews if

    so.... When Alice says outstanding reviews, she means, if she has previously sent you a tester and you haven't submitted that review then you won't be considered for any further testers until you've completed that tester review.

    If you've previously reviewed something, then unless something has significantly changed there is no need to do another.

    Booties wrote:

    Personally, I would only review it again if I have something new to say. For example, if you have bought something again to replace one that broke, you may want to comment on new packaging or the longevity of the original product... I wouldn't write a review every time I purchased the same body paint or batteries.

    I don't think they mean that by "outstanding reviews". I'm pretty sure they only count as outstanding when you have agreed to be a tester but not written your review yet. You have no obligation to review every product you purchase!

    Phew!!!

    I was in a bit of a panic!! I've got 1,2,3..........21 outstanding!!

    Finding the time what with work, home & study was really hard & I felt so guilty!!

    I feel better now though thanks guys xx

    1302980747
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1442
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    crag630 wrote:

    Oh and what about lingerie erm I mean theoretically speaking if I had bought some for some theoretical reason would I review that as a guy all theoretical off course

    I think so. Even if you can't review it based on what it's like to wear, you can still say if it's well made, well packaged, good materials, worth the price etc etc.

    1302982413
    Booties [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 455
    • Joined: 9 Dec 2010

    You know what I find really annoying about reviewing things with lots of reviews already? If I disagree with them, I always get voted down.

    Seriously, a few times I have posted a "meh" review on a product that loads of people have posted "amazing" reviews on, and receieved lots of "unhelpfuls". I would understand if I just posted "didn't like it. lame.", but I take a lot of time explaining why it wasn't for me and highlighting the good and bad points of the product... It's sort of like a load of bitter people come along and think "how dare she disagree with me?!" xD.

    1302983506
    ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 869
    • Joined: 26 Sep 2010

    Booties wrote:

    You know what I find really annoying about reviewing things with lots of reviews already? If I disagree with them, I always get voted down.

    Seriously, a few times I have posted a "meh" review on a product that loads of people have posted "amazing" reviews on, and receieved lots of "unhelpfuls". I would understand if I just posted "didn't like it. lame.", but I take a lot of time explaining why it wasn't for me and highlighting the good and bad points of the product... It's sort of like a load of bitter people come along and think "how dare she disagree with me?!" xD.

    Makes you wonder if they then purchased the item and then had the same opinion as you. If I'm reading reviews for something that has lots the ones I look for are those which stand out as having a different opinion. Think that sometimes they are more helpful than the "amazing" ones.

    xGGx

    1302991698
    Nymeria [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1236
    • Joined: 26 Mar 2010

    I've got a few thumbs down too.. I highlight the good and bad points but I clearly indicate why that product was right or wrong for ME.

    Of course some people disagree but that was my experience with the product. I can understand why some people have the thumbs down in their reviews if it lacks important info.

    1302992861
    Booties [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 455
    • Joined: 9 Dec 2010

    I think what annoys me the most is when you spend half an hour writing a detailed review about why it didn't suit you but would suit someone else... And get thumbs down...

    Just for someone to write "Rly loved this! me and the bf were at it all night lol and he was hard for hours. deffo get it as its rly cheap!!!" and get 6 thumbs up. >_>

    I don't care if they agree with the review or not... It's about whether or not it may be helpful...

    I sound like a thumbs-up-whore here, sorry! It's not that I mind that... It's just that it annoys me to see a review I spent a long time writing to help people be voted to somewhere unseen just because someone felt like being spiteful. It annoys me when I see it happen to other people's reviews too!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.