• Should I review everything?

crag630 [sign in to see picture]

Im refering to things that have almost a hundred reviews anyway.

Booties [sign in to see picture]

I have that problem too! There are a few things I have wanted to review (a rabbit, kegal balls, body paint, grab bag) that literally have 60-300 reviews or other silly numbers! I really don't know what I could bring to the equation by adding any more...

But if you think you have something to say other than "Great. What everyone else said", or think you can add a more informative review, I say go for it!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Maybe the items have reviews which are saying its great, but you dont agree. So you do your own review. Or potentially it may be good to see them included in new reviews, as it shows popularity. And people new to sex toys do the choice often based on the reviews and yes, that does include the numbers.

crag630 [sign in to see picture]

Oh and what about lingerie erm I mean theoretically speaking if I had bought some for some theoretical reason would I review that as a guy all theoretical off course

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

I don't think there's such thing as a wasted review. Even if there's 300 reviews for one products, everyone has different experiences with them. Also, your rating affects the overall rank.

It also helps strengthen and make it easier for you to get sent tester items due to the quantity and quality of your reviews.

Also- with lingerie, it's really great for anyone to review them. It brings another dimension to the product.- having a male perspective can be interesting and useful for a potential buyer.

I think I'd place more importance on the unreviewed items or ones with less though.

Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]

I generally focus on reading reviews by people I recognise from the forums, and know write good ones when I'm looking at a product. So it's worth it, for anyone I think.

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

crag630 wrote:

Oh and what about lingerie erm I mean theoretically speaking if I had bought some for some theoretical reason would I review that as a guy all theoretical off course

personally if I buy lingerie on here it is for someone else's pleasure so a male perspective is always welcome.

xGGx

glitter&gold [sign in to see picture]

Sorry for the thread hijack but I was thinking about something similar.

What do I do if I've bought more than one of something?

Some things like batteries or favourite vibes that I've already reviewed.

I know that if you have reviews outstanding then you don't get selected for testers.

I'm not sure what to do when it comes to multiple buys of the same thing?

Would you do a new review? Copy & paste the old review? Or just not review a duplicate buy?

crag630 wrote:

I would personally think yes! Do it! When I buy lingerie, I'm thinking a lot about what a man will think of it on me, so I like to know the male perspective on these things. Likewise, there are a lot of men who like to wear lingerie, and I think it would be very settling for them to read about it from the view-point of a male buyer.

glitter&gold wrote:

I know that if you have reviews outstanding then you don't get selected for testers.

Would you do a new review? Copy & paste the old review? Or just not review a duplicate buy?

Personally, I would only review it again if I have something new to say. For example, if you have bought something again to replace one that broke, you may want to comment on new packaging or the longevity of the original product... I wouldn't write a review every time I purchased the same body paint or batteries.

I don't think they mean that by "outstanding reviews". I'm pretty sure they only count as outstanding when you have agreed to be a tester but not written your review yet. You have no obligation to review every product you purchase!

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

glitter&gold wrote:

You don't have to review everything you've bought, bloody hell, I'd be bogged down just doing reviews if so.... When Alice says outstanding reviews, she means, if she has previously sent you a tester and you haven't submitted that review then you won't be considered for any further testers until you've completed that tester review.

If you've previously reviewed something, then unless something has significantly changed there is no need to do another.

glitter&gold [sign in to see picture]

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

You don't have to review everything you've bought, bloody hell, I'd be bogged down just doing reviews if

so.... When Alice says outstanding reviews, she means, if she has previously sent you a tester and you haven't submitted that review then you won't be considered for any further testers until you've completed that tester review.

If you've previously reviewed something, then unless something has significantly changed there is no need to do another.

Booties wrote:

Personally, I would only review it again if I have something new to say. For example, if you have bought something again to replace one that broke, you may want to comment on new packaging or the longevity of the original product... I wouldn't write a review every time I purchased the same body paint or batteries.

I don't think they mean that by "outstanding reviews". I'm pretty sure they only count as outstanding when you have agreed to be a tester but not written your review yet. You have no obligation to review every product you purchase!

Phew!!!

I was in a bit of a panic!! I've got 1,2,3..........21 outstanding!!

Finding the time what with work, home & study was really hard & I felt so guilty!!

I feel better now though thanks guys xx

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

crag630 wrote:

I think so. Even if you can't review it based on what it's like to wear, you can still say if it's well made, well packaged, good materials, worth the price etc etc.

You know what I find really annoying about reviewing things with lots of reviews already? If I disagree with them, I always get voted down.

Seriously, a few times I have posted a "meh" review on a product that loads of people have posted "amazing" reviews on, and receieved lots of "unhelpfuls". I would understand if I just posted "didn't like it. lame.", but I take a lot of time explaining why it wasn't for me and highlighting the good and bad points of the product... It's sort of like a load of bitter people come along and think "how dare she disagree with me?!" xD.

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

Booties wrote:

You know what I find really annoying about reviewing things with lots of reviews already? If I disagree with them, I always get voted down.

Seriously, a few times I have posted a "meh" review on a product that loads of people have posted "amazing" reviews on, and receieved lots of "unhelpfuls". I would understand if I just posted "didn't like it. lame.", but I take a lot of time explaining why it wasn't for me and highlighting the good and bad points of the product... It's sort of like a load of bitter people come along and think "how dare she disagree with me?!" xD.

Makes you wonder if they then purchased the item and then had the same opinion as you. If I'm reading reviews for something that has lots the ones I look for are those which stand out as having a different opinion. Think that sometimes they are more helpful than the "amazing" ones.

xGGx

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

I've got a few thumbs down too.. I highlight the good and bad points but I clearly indicate why that product was right or wrong for ME.

Of course some people disagree but that was my experience with the product. I can understand why some people have the thumbs down in their reviews if it lacks important info.

I think what annoys me the most is when you spend half an hour writing a detailed review about why it didn't suit you but would suit someone else... And get thumbs down...

Just for someone to write "Rly loved this! me and the bf were at it all night lol and he was hard for hours. deffo get it as its rly cheap!!!" and get 6 thumbs up. >_>

I don't care if they agree with the review or not... It's about whether or not it may be helpful...

I sound like a thumbs-up-whore here, sorry! It's not that I mind that... It's just that it annoys me to see a review I spent a long time writing to help people be voted to somewhere unseen just because someone felt like being spiteful. It annoys me when I see it happen to other people's reviews too!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.