• wolf whistle!!!

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

this world is a strange place. As a guy, I'd love to be able to "compliment" women I see, but I don't feel I'm able to.

I'm too shy to be a wolf-whistler, so the best I usually manage is a smile.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

toycar69 wrote:

this world is a strange place. As a guy, I'd love to be able to "compliment" women I see, but I don't feel I'm able to.

I'm too shy to be a wolf-whistler, so the best I usually manage is a smile.

I think a smile is a lot better than a whistle or comment

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

lol, in that case heres a big for you, and another for the other sexy OA ladies!

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

Absolutely! I would never wolf whistle a woman in a million years. It's disrespectful.
    Especially now I have a daughter of my own.

SG

paradise found [sign in to see picture]

Doug wrote:

yeah ok thats fair nuff, but a wolf wistle is harmless, no matter who its from.

That's your opinion Doug but as a man you can not possibly judge how it feels to be a woman and have that kind of attention when it is thrown at you perhaps by multiple males ganging together. I remember, as a young woman, going out of my way to avoid building sites because I'd been whistled at and shouted at. I was actually scared at that age, shy and would never have dared say anything back

Booties [sign in to see picture]

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

After reading bak through the thread I feel there are a few other things I should point out. I personally find that comments or beeping of a car and actually cause me to have a panic attack at time's, I have a lot of bad health issues which can cause panic to be set off easily but also it is dangerous for anyone to be startled. If you are out and about n a normal day and someone shouts something or whistles at you and you accept it, generally the person would have went out dresswed and feeling as if they want to be noticed. My self esteem isn't really that high so really these things do more damage to me than they should. Doug I have tried to toughen up but everytime I think I'll brave that big old world it doesn't always go the same way it will for others.

In the pppast I've had comments like this happen to me and in all honesty it makes me want to hide from it all. I'm never on the prowl and I'm very picky on the men I do get close with, I have terms that really annoy me, a stranger will not know this but really should try and keep these things in mind.

Yes it's great to have freedom of speach but really you have to consider other people, you don't need to know everything about someone to tell that they would be put off by these comment, body language can be enough to give hints at times. Saddly there are even rules for freedom of speach, it's called consideration and respect.

Also I'd like to point out that I am often put off and easily scared when the same thing happened within online communities.

I have very serious panic disorder with agoraphobia, and I do often find that when guys loudly "confront" me, it can bring on a panic attack. Wolf whistles just make me laugh, in my personal opinion if it's a compliment, yippee, if it's a joke, well let them have a laugh! It's not like I've never had a giggle with my friends about the sex life of someone else, and I know it's intended harmlessly (everyone's done it at some point, don't pretend). Personally I'm far more insulted when I get asked for ID! xD

Beeps I can also deal with, though they can startle me. If I'm alone I can get a little uncomfortable, especially if I think the guy might stop. If I'm with friends, we just have a good laugh about it. It also depends on how they beep. If it's a little "tuuut", it's like "wheyyy go me". I don't think the guy is asking for anything, just showing his appreciation for the sight (like the car is whistling for him!). If it's a "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" and shouting out the window, panic attacks are go! But I don't like people who shout and piss around loudly in public anyway, I think it's disrespectful to others.

My only real issue is with the comments. The only time I want to hear "I want to stick it in you so bad" is when I'm in the bedroom with a partner. In fact, scrap that, I wouldn't be with such an illiterate and crude partner.

crag630 [sign in to see picture]

Why people do it is beyond me as when I see a nice looking girl realistically the best you can to do id smile and even then she might be offended or scared . Why cant all the pervs just meet up and have mass suicide or something.

Not sure if this has been asked but would any of you girls ever wolf whistle at a guy or other female?

crag630 wrote:

Why people do it is beyond me as when I see a nice looking girl realistically the best you can to do id smile and even then she might be offended or scared . Why cant all the pervs just meet up and have mass suicide or something.

Not sure if this has been asked but would any of you girls ever wolf whistle at a guy or other female?

Suicide might be a bit far... xD

I would only whistle someone if I knew them and was sure they wouldn't take it badly.

Doug [sign in to see picture]

i would whistle someone if i could whistle but would do so if they were hot, or dressed in a revealing manner (low cut top or short skirt, that kind of thing) because they are clealy dressed to try and impress

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

Doug wrote:

i would whistle someone if i could whistle but would do so if they were hot, or dressed in a revealing manner (low cut top or short skirt, that kind of thing) because they are clealy dressed to try and impress

I wear corsets most of the time when going out, I do not wear these to impress people I wear them as They fit my body shape well, and they also train my waist. Also saddly shorter skirts are easier to buy now days compared to maxi skirts.

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

last friday night when i was out i got propositioned by a man in his 60's and older than my dad for a "shag round the back of the bins" charming!

i find wolf whistles and things quite rude and disrespectful to be honest. if you wouldn't say it in front of your mother/preist/teacher then you shouldnt say it at any time!

MissFortune [sign in to see picture]

Doug wrote:

Or perhaps such an effort is not just for the benefit of a random man on the street... maybe some women dress in a certain fashion because it helps them good about themselves, not because they want others to feel good about them...? Revealing dress cannot simply be taken as an open invitation for whistles and heckles.

xx

So if I wear a short skirt or a corset I'm asking for it? I have received many completely inappropriate comments from wearing thigh boots with a dress. I wear them because they make me feel like I have nicer legs, and they match the colour of my outfit. In fact, I'm in a happy relationship and I'm certainly not trying to pick up men every time I go out.

Should I dress like a nun every time I leave the house purely because I don't want to get into some sweaty old man's van and be bent over the gear stick?

violeteyes wrote:

the thing that i really dont like is when cars and lorrys beep at girls that are obviously about 13 or 14. i used to walk to school along a stretch of motorway when i was 13 and the lorry drivers were disgraceful! however there were times it worked to my advantage. for example a milkman in his milkfloat shouted out 'want some milk?' obviously in a pervy way. as i was young and naive i thought he meant literally so i said i dont have any money but if its free i would accept a pint. the guy then actually gave me a bottle of milk. now i look back on it i can see how strange it was

This exactly. I used to have to go to school along a main bypass, and would get beeps and shouts at least 5 times each way there and back. One time a lorry drove past super fast and sent my skirt flying up, then beeped wildly at my Snoopy knickers. Seriously.

hustla [sign in to see picture]

but how is far is acceptable.You look pretty is ok right ?.But what is the maximum which is fine

hustla wrote:

but how is far is acceptable.You look pretty is ok right ?.But what is the maximum which is fine

I don't mind if someone in passing says something like "you have gorgeous hair", as long as it's not said while letching and moving in to touch it.

If I've already been having a conversation with someone, I don't mind them saying I'm pretty or similar, as long as it's not a blatent attempt to get in my pants. I would feel a little uncomfortable if someone radnomly came up and said "hey, you're really pretty", but if it was in a friendly sweet way and not a "hey, I'm talking to you just because you're hot" way, I could take it as a compliment.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Booties wrote:

So if I wear a short skirt or a corset I'm asking for it? I have received many completely inappropriate comments from wearing thigh boots with a dress. I wear them because they make me feel like I have nicer legs, and they match the colour of my outfit. In fact, I'm in a happy relationship and I'm certainly not trying to pick up men every time I go out.

Should I dress like a nun every time I leave the house purely because I don't want to get into some sweaty old man's van and be bent over the gear stick?

This!

It's a massive bug bear of mine (which is why I'd avoided posting as I didn't want to get all ranty but here comes the rant *look away now if easily wound up by people with strong opinions*)

I absolutely hate men who blast their horns at women in the street. Especially if the woman in question is alone and the road is quiet - it's 1) fucking terrifying even to the strongest/most confident woman and 2) completely selfish since the noise can not be intended as a confidence booster to her (heres a hint, a polite wave and a smile would give *her* a much bigger boost but maybe the guy would look like less of a man in front of his mates - so no, I don't see it as a compliment to her).

I *absolutely* HATE this suggestion that women who wear "revealing" clothes are asking for it! It makes me blood boil. You'd never say it to a man who went topless in the summer! People get to wear what they like (yes it's that freedom malarky again) and they get to have their own reasons for it. Unless they explicitly invite you to letch at them - noone should take it as a free pass.

I really hate men who shout nasty comments to women in the street. Or worse, get really close and whisper something like "I'd do that". GRRRRR. Again - especially if the woman is alone - it's fucking scary and selfish!

And whilst we're at at - I fucking hate men who think it's ok to grope me in clubs (as in grab my arse) .... if I weren't so little and sensible I'd fucking slap them but we have to think of the consequences of our actions in order to not trample all over other people's rights!

BUT! Here's the way you can "compliment" a woman without being disrespectful.....

I've had 2 wonderful encounters in nightclubs. One was a man who came up to me, looked me right in the eyes and said "you're beautiful you are"....then walked off! No attempt to get my number or get anything out of me. Just a simple, selfless and really positive act. The second, a man's friend walked past me and told me his mate thought I was pretty, then his mate came and said "I think you're really pretty"...again, walked off with no intentions, just a lovely act.

I really appreciate men who make good eye contact and smile, or even a slight glance over the figure is acceptable as long as he spends more time looking at my eyes - respectful and complimentary.

Personally I think freedom of speech is *not* a given - you only deserve it if you can consider other people's rights too. If *your* freedom of speech shits all over someone elses right to feel safe in the street then no, I don't think you deserve it. Freedom of speech comes with responsibilities.

Adx

Vampyrewillow [sign in to see picture]

It makes me feel awkward and uncomfortable, i don't believe they are doing it because they find me attractive, it is clearly a joke. i don't like being the butt of a joke and it actually puts me on a downer for the rest of the day.

i was out in town the other week for the first time and this man came over to me and made me dance with him, after i said no twice he grabbed hold of me and made me dance ( i was with my ex for 3 and a half years and only broke up a month ago at the time and had never danced with another man and felt physically sick at being touched even on the hand or waist by him) i really didn't like it, why wasn;t i allowed to say no to dancing? i didn't want to dance with him, i haven't found another lad attractive since before i was with my ex so it was really really awkward for me and made me feel like a weirdo and even though we have broken up it made me feel like i was cheating! so imagine if i was still with my ex and he made me dance i would have felt even worse!

after my auntie pulled me away from the boy he came over to me and grabbed tight hold of my arm and tried to drag me away, my auntie kept hold of me and the man scratched me as he was trying to drag me away, it was really awkward and uncomfortable.

not to mention i also thought he was doing that pull a minger thing i have heard about =/ i am so new to the whole pub/club/bar scene so it really affected me!

VW x

The Midnight Hour [sign in to see picture]

I wolf whistled at a friend of mine last week she thought I was taking the mick but she genuinly looked good . I have wolf whistled at men before and bless them they looked so confused.

Paddy89 [sign in to see picture]

After reading this thread this morning and admittedly being surprised at how often this seems to happen, I walked into uni with my roommate. And what should happen but a van drives past and honks his horn at her. She immediately replied with an instinctive "FUCK OFF!" a the top of her voice. I did giggle but she obviously finds it irritating.

Personally I wouldn't do it cos I simply don't have the balls. And even if I did, I overthink things so I would worry for the rest of the day about whether I ruined the girl's day, or happen to see her again and she's tear my head off.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.