• Is depilatory cream safe?

excel [sign in to see picture]
    Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, although I used it a couple of times when I wanted to find a answer to something and I must say: What a great community this is. :)

So... My wife is for some time now, shaving my testicles and area around my anus with Veet depilatory cream with Aloe (it says 'for sensitive skin' on the box) and results are very nice. The hair doesn't grow up for a month and there is almost no itching after depilation. The question is, is it safe? Does it possibly do any damage to the testicles (even on box it says that it shouldn't be applied on pubic area) as it's, after all, aggressive chemical compound. I might be over reacting, but never the less I wanted to ask. I personally don't fancy razors because I'm afraid of cuts. :/

easy_tiger [sign in to see picture]

Hi excel yes it's fine i have been using it for a long time now p

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Personally - I wouldn't - I used to use it down there but only on the mons. Anywhere near to very sensitive/thin skin was something I'd avoid.

I wouldn't recommend it but it's up to you!

Adx

Booties [sign in to see picture]

'T'is all good and well, but most brands do a cream actually intended for your pubic areas. It will say on your standard lady-legs Veet "not for yadayadayada parts". I've used it down there a coupla times when I've been desperate though, and my lady bits haven't turned purple and grown tentacles yet...

chipNroll [sign in to see picture]

It lasted a month!? When I use it on my legs it lasts only a little longer than shaving, but is longer and messier to do. I'm jealous!

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

I use it on my bits & have done for ages with no adverse reactions, doesn't mean its ok tho, just means its ok for me I guess... Like Chip says tho how the hell does it last a month? Mine starts to grow back after a couple days, then the problem becomes waiting for it to grow to suitable length to be veet'd again....

Booties [sign in to see picture]

Only just noticed this!

As the two above have said, a month is insane! HOW?? You must have a slow-grow garden ;D

Mine lasts about a week before it gets prickly when I do it. Legs or otherwise. Once I get those little stubbly bits I use those hair removal pads gently. Works well ;D

tallboy247 [sign in to see picture]

These creams tend only to have adverse effects when they are left on for too long. I have, in the past left say Hair No More on for a little too long and have suffered the consequences. They do a hair retardant growth spray as well, but who has time to remember to spray your nether bits every day before setting forth.

The effects are pretty good apart from my inevitable ingrowings, but the feel is great and l recommend to all.

Do remember to follow the manufacturers instructions though, and test on a small bit of skin first just in case you do test positive for allergy. Otherwise you may be hopping around for England!!!

TB

Thank you all for your responses.

Like I said it lasts for a month for me, I don't know how... Is it because I've done it like 4 time's now so the hair is getting rare or am I just lucky... I just checked it and 80% is still clear and other area has small hair. So I think I will be 'scheduled' for next treatment in two weeks or so. :) All this time I've been using it I had only one or two ingrows so they are not a problem. The important thing is when you apply the cream down there is that you do it after whole day before you are about to go on your regular shower, because after whole day your skin gets a tiny film of moisture and sweat and that tiny film actually protects you against the creams aggressiveness towards skin. Once, I went to the shower and then applied the cream... OMG... Let me just say that you DON'T want to do that, because after shower skins is, obviously, clean and applying cream to the skin leaves some unwanted resaults like cowboy walk. :) The good thing is that I noticed as soon as the cream was applied that something was wrong (skin started to itch) so I removed it preety quick, I had walk problems only for two days. I consider this my mistake as when I applied it like I should have, there were no problems.

As for time for which cream should be on skin I prefer to hold it for 8-9 minutes (I'm checking the clock every 30 sec :) ) in front of TV. Then the missus removes it with the scrub which comes in the box with the cream and then I hit the shower. The producer recommends. as it is a cream for sensitive skin and less aggressive that it should be applied for 10-13 or 14 min (I forgot I don't have the box anymore but it's something like that) but as we are talking about sensitive area I don't like to apply it longer that I wrote, because there is no need (in my case) for it to stay longer. Everything falls off, maybe 5 hairs stay but that's no problem to remove. So I think it is definitely better to star with short time and after a few times you will see how much it takes for you to clean yourself with having to apply the cream shortest as possible.

Hope I helped some of you with my post. ;)

ju [sign in to see picture]

I alternate between a couple of brands- but have been using it for years. Have to say- I need to use it every 4 days!!! I mask off the er, squishy bits- with vasaline, just to be sure. I've found a really good oil too, which helps keep the re-growth and skin silky soft. After regular use it should slow hair growth as well. Still waiting to see if that's true :)

Always interested in hints and tips to make it a bit easier.....

sharry [sign in to see picture]

Has anyone use done of these to protect your lady bits when doing some 'gardening'

http://www.vaj-jvisor.com/

I might try one.

Hubby and I use depilatory cream, we have to do it every 5 days or so other wise you get itchy regrowth. Have used a few different ones including Boots own sensitive one which seems to do as good a job as the branded ones and I think they're on offer at the mo, buy one get one half price.

We have both had a bad reaction to the cream on one occassion, both on the mons area, dont know why cos we'd used it before and didn't go over time. The only thing I can think is that we did it before getting a shower, I tend to have a shower after exercising in the am and apply it early evening before having a shower prior to going to bed. That seems to work best for me. If you get any stingning or itching whip it off! I'd also advise doing a test if you swap between brands as they can have different levels of the active ingredients.

paradise found [sign in to see picture]

sharry wrote:

Has anyone use done of these to protect your lady bits when doing some 'gardening'

I might try one.

It sounds like a good idea but I read some of the reviews and they aren't great

sharry [sign in to see picture]

paradise found wrote:

sharry wrote:

I might try one.

It sounds like a good idea but I read some of the reviews and they aren't great

I noticed that too which is why I wa swondering.... thanks anyway, might still give them a go cos they're only cheap.. probably the reason why they get poor reviews.

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

personally I wouldnt, I have heard to many horror stories!!! For me it really wouldnt be worth the effort... i get stubble back within days, I must be a hairy beast!

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

this is a really useful post as currently i am toying with the idea of waxing or creams.

currently i am a shaver which although does the job and leaves no irritation, it is doing me no favours in the long term regarding re-growth.

my OH waxes and a good friend of ours does too - and they are both telling me to get waxed. just grit your teeth and it will all be over before you know it!

i'll look into this further myself now.

thanks for posting.

I wouldnt have the guts to go trough with waxing. But good luck with that though. ;)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.