• Which body type do you ladies find most attractive?

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Booties wrote:

See, I understand that people like this, but to me it's as unnatural as an anorexic girl's body. Girls get stick for having eating disorders and being mentally ill if their hips and tummy muscles are showing, I think it's just as bad on guys, even if it's not due to them being thin!

Although it's unfair to say that people who are thin look like they have eating disorders. My ribs and spine show - always have been but I'm perfectly healthy and it took me a long time to not feel insecure about my slenderness.

I don't think those grooves look like a person is too slim - it's not the hip bone we're talking about - I'm assuming it's a tendon or something. I don't think it looks unnatural at all and I don't think you have to be thin to have them! It's like back dimples - some people have them and some don't.

Adx

I think you've misrepresented her view. I think it is talk of extremes. Having an 'anorexic' body is different to be slim, it is looking starved rather than slim. Looking 'too chiselled' looks unnatural rather than athletic, well that's what I'd take it as.

Booties [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Booties wrote:

See, I understand that people like this, but to me it's as unnatural as an anorexic girl's body. Girls get stick for having eating disorders and being mentally ill if their hips and tummy muscles are showing, I think it's just as bad on guys, even if it's not due to them being thin!

Although it's unfair to say that people who are thin look like they have eating disorders. My ribs and spine show - always have been but I'm perfectly healthy and it took me a long time to not feel insecure about my slenderness.

I don't think those grooves look like a person is too slim - it's not the hip bone we're talking about - I'm assuming it's a tendon or something. I don't think it looks unnatural at all and I don't think you have to be thin to have them! It's like back dimples - some people have them and some don't.

Adx

I think you've misrepresented her view. I think it is talk of extremes. Having an 'anorexic' body is different to be slim, it is looking starved rather than slim. Looking 'too chiselled' looks unnatural rather than athletic, well that's what I'd take it as.

I did mean it like this, so sorry for any confusion! I'm not saying that everyone who is thin has an eating disorder... Simply that girls going to extremes and starving themselves to look good is not natural. Anorexia is also a mental illness, not a body type.

Alike this, I believe that men taking steroids, going on extreme diets and working out for hours a day to have popping muscles and tendons and protruding bones is unnatural, not that slim men or muscular men are disgusting.

Just a personal view!

Rosalie_x [sign in to see picture]

I just cant resist a tall, "well built" man, more to love!!. Skinny just doesnt do it for me.

Miss BoomStick [sign in to see picture]

I like my men cuddley

People say I'm a chubby chaser but I couldn't think of anything better then snuggling up under the covers on cold winters night

Miss BoomStick [sign in to see picture]

Rosalie_x wrote:

I just cant resist a tall, "well built" man, more to love!!. Skinny just doesnt do it for me.

I completely agree, skinny guys are a no no, same with girls too though. Skinny just doesnt turn me on

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Booties wrote:

WandA wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Booties wrote:

Adx

I did mean it like this, so sorry for any confusion! I'm not saying that everyone who is thin has an eating disorder... Simply that girls going to extremes and starving themselves to look good is not natural. Anorexia is also a mental illness, not a body type.

Alike this, I believe that men taking steroids, going on extreme diets and working out for hours a day to have popping muscles and tendons and protruding bones is unnatural, not that slim men or muscular men are disgusting.

Just a personal view!

Sorry I missed this!

I guess I'm just sensitive on behalf of naturally very slender women - I've been asked far too many times than is acceptable if I'm annorexic and I've never been *that* slim (despite fairly obvious bone definition).

Sorry if I jumped a little :) not my intention!

Adx

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

it's tricky my partner use to be slender with a nice amount of muscles showing through but as he's diabetic and has had a lot of illness the past 14months he has gained wieght, at first i found it hard to get use to but now i think my preferance for body type has changed. Yes it'll be great if he was thinner but he isn't overly big either and I have decided/ worked out that I am still finding him attractive.

things are hard though as he can't lose wieght easily, he is a fighter and sport teacher so is doing enough exercise but due to his body it won't shift. it wouldn't be so bad but recently and i don't know how i'm the same weight as i was when i was younger, it's like my body is naturally slimming now. i'm 10stone and tallish 5'8"/5'9"but that may sound like i wiegh too much that is all mainly muscle... I have been 7stone when i was 15 and i was anorexia but not due to wanting to be thin but due to working school extra studies youth group work etc i had no time to eat, got home at 1am was out at 5am, including homework and housework i had 2hours sleep.

but anyway my OH is starting to feel bad as my body is rather toned and even though he has more muscle than me it's more noticable with me. I'm not saying ilook like a body builder but have above average muscle due to running. it may seem odd but i would love to get fat on my legs to be able to fit thigh boots well etc.....

anyway me rambling.... anyway the point is I like a guy to have a little muscle, not to be too big or thin, but to look healthy and natural. though like i said above i think what i'm attractive to changes as the people around me change.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I guess I'm just sensitive on behalf of naturally very slender women - I've been asked far too many times than is acceptable if I'm annorexic and I've never been *that* slim (despite fairly obvious bone definition).

Think there's a problem with people who haven't actually met someone with anorexia, since all there seems to be publicised about the 'warning signs' is being skinny and having lots of protruding bones. Obviously if you know someone, you can see the over-time changes, but on a first meeting, that's all most people know to look for. To be honest, until I'd met the first genuine sufferer, I would never have been able to understand that weird skin look, or how the 'sick-skinny face' is different to just a slim face, so I can grasp why people who just haven't seen it first hand can't get anything beyond "you're really skinny". I know to look to the face rather than the hips or ribs, but most wouldn't. Miseducation more than anything.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

BashfulBabe wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Think there's a problem with people who haven't actually met someone with anorexia, since all there seems to be publicised about the 'warning signs' is being skinny and having lots of protruding bones. Obviously if you know someone, you can see the over-time changes, but on a first meeting, that's all most people know to look for. To be honest, until I'd met the first genuine sufferer, I would never have been able to understand that weird skin look, or how the 'sick-skinny face' is different to just a slim face, so I can grasp why people who just haven't seen it first hand can't get anything beyond "you're really skinny". I know to look to the face rather than the hips or ribs, but most wouldn't. Miseducation more than anything.

I think there is a point there about education but I think it's the acceptability of saying to someone 'you must be anorexic to be that skinny' that gets to some slimmer people. Contrast that with the unacceptability of saying 'you must be have a hyperactive thyroid to be that obese'. People just speak before they think!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

BashfulBabe wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I think there is a point there about education but I think it's the acceptability of saying to someone 'you must be anorexic to be that skinny' that gets to some slimmer people. Contrast that with the unacceptability of saying 'you must be have a hyperactive thyroid to be that obese'. People just speak before they think!

Absolutely! People are not only miseducated but they can also be down right rude.

Even if you met someone who you genuinely believed *was* annorexic - unless you had some reason to stick your nose into their business (i.e. close friend, family etc.) then you'd never dream of asking them if they were.

It's the reason I do try to "educate" on what I do understand - the concept that you can be slim and hate it (I'm not really equipped to educate on annorexia nervosa) - people don't seem to understand that. People don't seem to realise how insulting it can be to tell someone they're "too skinny" or a "bag of bones". Especially to children when there is not really such thing as underweight or overweight in childhood then it can only create insecurities for later in life. I do bang on a lot about it, but I just think in a time when skinny bashing is so acceptable I feel like if I can teach just a few people to think twice then that's good :)

Adx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.