WandA [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Scratch that.

It's Brevinor.

Adx

Sure that's not a toaster?

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

jav_ski wrote:

guys your all geniuses i will check out the site AD and many thanks all again... dont think she will go for the implant she's a girly girl lol will try the docs but last time i asked the question i got a vauge answer .. the docs could lear from you lot to be honest!!

the implant isn't painful or scary. youre given local anastetic. it feels a bit like when you have a filling at the dentist, theres some pressure but no pain at all. I was scared before i had mine put in but it was all a fuss over nothing really.

Booties [sign in to see picture]

Hello, hello! =]

When I first went on the pill (the combined pill) it completely killed my sex drive and made me depressed, causing the ruin of my first relationship. After finding a new man, I started the Progesterone only pill (PoP), which was a lot better, but I found it still caused me a little nausea and curbed my sex drive a bit!

Still, if she definitely wants a pill, I would recommend Cerazette.

If she is open to other kinds of contraception, my recommendation would be the implant! It's a tiny little thing inserted in the top of your arm (doesn't hurt at all, but bruises for a few days) that stops you getting pregnant for 3 years. I was very nervous about getting it at first, but it was easy, and I don't even know it's there now! It can't be seen either, only felt if pressed. It contains the same ingredients as the PoP mentioned earlier, but releases small doses of it at a time, and I don't find my sex drive decreased at all! It also helps with the other symptoms I got, which were basically like PMT!

Of course, if she decided she wanted children or didn't like it, it can be removed at any time.

Anyway, I recommend speaking with a GP, or attending a family planning clinic to discuss the different options, and find one that suits her. =]

But yes, in my personal experience, the implant is the way to go. If she DOES switch to the Progesterone only Pill (i'm presuming she's on the combined right now), an extra little thing I found helpful is to buy drinks or food containing Ginseng. It's a Chinese herb, so all natural, and increases your mood, bloodflow and sex drive. I found it quite a big help. =]

boobaloo [sign in to see picture]

I tried 4 different pills and they all effected my sex drive, reduced it to nil, I came off it for a break when I was having treatment on my cervix which meant we couldn't have sex for a couple of months, and have never looked back.

we used condoms for all the time that were not trying for our son and I only got pregnant when we decided the time was right.

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

I've tried lots of different types of pill, both combined and mini, some of them I was terrible on. I'm sure the worst one was Cerazette. Severe hot flushes with that one! So bad that the doctor actually checked me to make sure I wasn't going through early menapause, it runs in the family so I had already prepared myself if that was the case.

The injection! OMG! Never again, bled so much with that it was scary!

Almost a year ago after much thought, I decided to try the implant and it was the best thing I could have done. Took a couple of months to settle in but once that happened I've been fine. Occationally get a few days of spotting and the odd time I get a little emotional but compared to the pill it is a breeze!

Guess what I'm trying to say is it is just trial and error. Eventually you get there!

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

It's worth considering different types of pill, but perhaps you could research different brands of condom as well? As I understand it, condom failure is connected to penis girth, so perhaps a better-fitting type might be more comfortable, easier to get on (and keep on!) and more secure.

All those things would ease her mind, I'm sure, and perhaps allow her to consider them as a viable option.

Yoko [sign in to see picture]

We had to switch to using condoms 7 years ago. I cant be on the Pill, dont trust the coil because I know someone who got pregnant twice with one fitted and as much as I dont like condoms, they're about the best option left.

It may (or may not) help reassure your OH, but we've used them for 7 years and I haven't gotten pregnant.

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

sexy little minx wrote:

I've tried lots of different types of pill, both combined and mini, some of them I was terrible on. I'm sure the worst one was Cerazette. Severe hot flushes with that one! So bad that the doctor actually checked me to make sure I wasn't going through early menapause, it runs in the family so I had already prepared myself if that was the case.

Almost a year ago after much thought, I decided to try the implant and it was the best thing I could have done. Took a couple of months to settle in but once that happened I've been fine. Occationally get a few days of spotting and the odd time I get a little emotional but compared to the pill it is a breeze!

Guess what I'm trying to say is it is just trial and error. Eventually you get there!

Did you just take the one shot? Mine wore off just after the second dosage.

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

x X x wrote:

sexy little minx wrote:

Did you just take the one shot? Mine wore off just after the second dosage.

I was on it for about a year. The first few injections I was fine but after that it was all downhill.

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

I also had problems with the pill which means I'm just not on it anymore!

Pretty much what everyone else has said - trial and error. Crap but true x

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

Oh, hm, I hope it doesn't work out like that for me.. I'm on the 3rd shot so far and it's been smooth sailing from the 2nd.

Glad you're settled now though. =] I totally understand about the emotional bit.. I used to get really tired and irritable.. emotional and needy as hell too. Not to mention the constant spotting. >.<

People need to allow some methods to settle down in their bodies for the best potential outcome. It's so worth it though!

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

sweetlove666 wrote:

jav_ski wrote:

guys your all geniuses i will check out the site AD and many thanks all again... dont think she will go for the implant she's a girly girl lol will try the docs but last time i asked the question i got a vauge answer .. the docs could lear from you lot to be honest!!

the implant isn't painful or scary. youre given local anastetic. it feels a bit like when you have a filling at the dentist, theres some pressure but no pain at all. I was scared before i had mine put in but it was all a fuss over nothing really.

This.

I am the biggest wimp ever, my pain threshold is insanely low, but if I can come through it not feeling any pain and only the slightest discomfort, I'm sure anyone can!

Pssyche81 [sign in to see picture]

i can't take the pill

went to a family planning clinic and because of bmi - can't have it. instead they gave me a bag of condoms

i'm not that sexually active so i normally end up taking the morning after pill anyways because i seriously don't want kids

going to talk to someone about getting the implant, hope it's not too bmi related :s

Booties [sign in to see picture]

Pssyche81 wrote:

i can't take the pill

went to a family planning clinic and because of bmi - can't have it. instead they gave me a bag of condoms

i'm not that sexually active so i normally end up taking the morning after pill anyways because i seriously don't want kids

going to talk to someone about getting the implant, hope it's not too bmi related :s

Did they say you were overweight or underweight? When I got the implant I was pretty overweight, but they said I would be fine. I think if your BMI is over 35 they warn you against it.

If you're underweight, I think you're allowed the implant as long as you don't have related health complications. =]

Inara14 [sign in to see picture]

Pssyche81 wrote:

i can't take the pill

The morning after pill shouldnt really be used like that anyway. You can always ask about non-hormonal contraceptives too, such as the coil? I dont know what that is with weight, but you can always ask.

sharry [sign in to see picture]

My 2 pence worth... I was on the pill and also found it affected my sex drive. I tried several different ones and they all and the same result. In the end I had to stop taking them anyway due to medical reasons (gave me headaches and higher blood pressure) and we tried the cap, condoms etc. We'd decided we didin't want kids so at the age of 30, hubby decided he'd have a vasectomy. Worked like a charm! No more pills and associated effects, no worries about faulty/broken condoms etc.

I know it may seem drastic but it really has been good for us. Hubby said it was more embarrassing than painful, he felt a tugging sensation whilst having it done but that was all and was in and out in about 15mins. He was sore for a few days but it didn't stop him trying it on the next morning! We still had to use contraception for a few weeks after to make sure it had 'taken' but no problems at all. I suppose depending on what stage you are in your life it might be something worth considering.

Has your OH tried the cap? You can leave it in for several hours so it's not like breaking off as you do with a condom unless it's a spur of the moment thing but then it's no different to a condom. If she wanted to be doubly sure you could use both and that may ease her worries. I had no side effects with the cap, it's just more convenient as we are now.

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

Pssyche81 wrote:

The implant is BMI related. my doctor told me that those of us who are overweight shouldnt rely on it in its third year there's some statistics online somehwere, as with any contraceptive its advisable to research it before deciding. obviously it depends on the individuals weight and should be discussed with your doctor/ nurse.

Implanon is being replaced with Nexplanon, it's the same drugs but the rod is visible by ultrasound and ct scan in nexplanon. it depends on what stock is being used up. ( mine is nexplanon)

ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]

I've recently come off the pill for personal and medical reasons, have tried other contraception but didn't get on with it, so me and the OH just use condoms now. I have to say though, that even I noticed that my sex drive has soared since stopping it and I've not been off it for a month yet! I believe it's normal though as the pill can supress your sex drive. It's great, I love it, it's like I've been given a new lease of life as I was so uninterested before.

rb

x x

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.