• 101 days of pleasure. Interesting.

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

Sooooo, it's now nearly half four in the morning and I have been kept awake, intrigued and slightly inspired, by a series of videos I came across while youtube hopping. Linky for those that wish to skip. http://101daysofpleasure.com/?cat=12&paged=8

The experiement is called 101 days of pleasure, which basically involves a woman who is a sex therapist exploring ways of pleasuring herself, sexually and generally, every day for 101 days and then creating mini video blogs explaining what happened and what's going on. Some of it is a little, hmmmm, esoteric for my tastes, but I did find it very interesting.

Skimming through the videos it really resonated with a lot of what I have been struggling against for a while now. I've been realizing that i've gotten stuck in a pattern of having masturbation and toy usage being all about the Goal. The best orgasms, essentially, especially my desire to achieve prostate orgasms, which has frustrated me for a while now.

It's actually managed to conincide with a session I had with myself the other day with a couple of toys, especially my lelo Iris which I have neglected for a while now, in which I just went with the flow and had a load of fun without feeling the need to cum. It made me realize a bit that I'd been putting a lot of pressure on myself and I haven't been thinking in a way that is good for me.

Anyway, to round off an epically long post, this experiment has inspired me to try and just enjoy my body a bit more intsead of using it as a means to an end, and hopefully i'm going to have a lot more fun. I plan on just spending a little more time focusing on other areas of my body and doing different things.

Has anyone else had similar issues or hang ups? Have you been feeling frustrated by wanting the next big thing? Also, what do you think about the experiment? Thought provocing? Mystical overthinking?

Inara14 [sign in to see picture]

Hmm you may have just inspired me too.

Focussing on other parts of your body and just enjoying everything for what it is rather than having a goal and trying to get there asap, sounds like a very enjoyable plan!

Wilkibo [sign in to see picture]

Don't want to sound pompous (but prop. do) but the clue is in the name: Sex Toys. It's about play , not about performance!

I think my attitude to my toys was a relfection of my attitude without them. Don't get me wrong, i've had plenty of fun with myself and I have really good experiences, but I believe i've limited myself because of how genitally focused I was. Basically, if it wasn't about cock or ass I wasn't terribly interesting in doing it by myself.

I'm going to try out some self massage. I have one of the lelo oils on the way and I have a couple of massage candles, but I was planning to save them for when i'm with someone else. Now I think I am going to use them on my own aswell as with a partner.

niftyb [sign in to see picture]

.......eyebrows.

I can't get over the teeth. It's like she laid in wait for the cheshire cat to dissapear and filtched his dentures.

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Pixieking wrote:

I can't get over the teeth.

Get her to open wider...

Phantasma [sign in to see picture]

Inara14 wrote:

Hmm you may have just inspired me too.

Focussing on other parts of your body and just enjoying everything for what it is rather than having a goal and trying to get there asap, sounds like a very enjoyable plan!

I've been working on that one for a while.... if youd just hold still a little bit longer :P

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.