• Vaginal Thrush to Oral Thrush?

chels18 [sign in to see picture]

Ok, weird question - but if a lady has vaginal thrush and someone gives her oral - can they get oral thrush???

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Yep according to this:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/std/204412.html

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Well there's your answer. I was going to say I'm sure it's the same bacteria so I expect so. But netdoctor has it all there so no point me posting really!

Adx

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Well there's your answer. I was going to say I'm sure it's the same bacteria so I expect so. But netdoctor has it all there so no point me posting really!

Adx

I'm shocked and appalled young lady! Thrush is a fungal infection

xxKPxx

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

xxKPxx

Haha so it is!

I'm thinking of bacterial vaginosis - similar symptoms. Though the clue's in the name "thrush" isn't it! There's no excuse...though I can't say bacteria/yeast are my areas of interest

Adx

WandA [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

xxKPxx

*Chimes in with his biology knowledge*

And a bird.

*Smug grin*

Sweet-kitten [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

xxKPxx

*Chimes in with his biology knowledge*

And a bird.

*Smug grin*

Is the same as the one in the bush?

[suspended user]

suspended user

ha ha sweet kitten good one girl

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

xxKPxx

Haha so it is!

I'm thinking of bacterial vaginosis - similar symptoms. Though the clue's in the name "thrush" isn't it! There's no excuse...though I can't say bacteria/yeast are my areas of interest

Adx

tee hee I'm just a dork and interested in any and all science I can get my paws on...not literally obviously...that would be gross!!

xxKPxx

rampant123 [sign in to see picture]

thrush is causes by candida fungus

chels18 [sign in to see picture]

ok... so if thrush is lying dormant (you have no symptoms) the other person could have oral thrush lying dormant???

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

probably. it might be worth a trip to the doctors

Hedonistic [sign in to see picture]

The thrush fungus is the same as the one that causes atheletes foot. It will grow anywhere dark warm and moist and can spread and be transmitted by contact.

This means you can easily get it in throat, vagina, crotch, feet and armpits and even other parts of anatomy if you are overly sweaty.

You should get it seen to ASAP as there are loads of treatments. I recently had oral thrush and had an antifungal wash to gargle with to remove it. It was quite a problem as my steroid inhalers exacerbated the thrush causing massive mucus build ups and ashtma attacks.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

Ok basically everyone has the properties of thrush, thrush is actually when the natal bsateria goes out of control due to ph imbalance.

you can't pass it on like a virus, as really you already have it in you. but you can pass on things that can upset your ph balance which can encourage the bateria to grow out of control and form thrush.

it is a myth that it can be passed on by general contact, and some people are better at mainting there bodies ph levels.

katmiaow [sign in to see picture]

i work with feet so i know a bit about fungal infections

fungus lives in and on your body all the time but usually lies dormant- if conditions aren't right as has already been said- if it is warm and moist or a balance is upset in the body- it can cause an overgrowth of these fungi because the good bacteria can't fight it away.

there isn't just one type of fungus- the fungus that grows in your mouth, in your vagina, between your toes are all different.

i didn't think you could catch oral thrush from giving head to someone with vaginal thrush but i can assume that if for whatever reason the conditions aren't right in the other person, it can be passed on very easily.

silverdrop [sign in to see picture]

If I have a bad case of thrush, sex is the last thing on my mind. No way would I let anyone anywhere near my bits.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.