• Internet Dating

paradise found [sign in to see picture]

chipNroll wrote:

Doug wrote:

WandA wrote:

chipNroll wrote:

Doug wrote:

i know fb and webcams aren't foolproof but cos i am of "the younger generation" where everyone my age has fb its almost a given that if they are a real person then they will have fb.

I don't.

I too am not Spartacus! I've been thinking about it recently... but I like not being on it too much I think. And FB are a bunch of SoBs.

quite possibly but 500 million users aint to be sniffed at and a expanding faster than the overall internet users are expanding. So its a very powerful and useful thing

Are you that Zuckerburg guy.... Come here to convert the remaining 3 non-facebookers of the world. o_O

Make that four

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

i must be really unlucky with internet dating. i don't get any replies which is annoying, even when im making the effort.

Divine69 [sign in to see picture]

My thought, if its not too late is you will meet THE ONE when you least expect it, and probably least wanting to know about it and get involved with anyone. It happened to me - totally random and most unexpected when it happened to me 3 and half yrs ago. And we are just soooo right for each other. I'm glad I've had the experiences I've had before I met my man but I'm happiest I've ever been since I met him. Just knowing we love each other for us, who we are (bit soppy but true!).

Having said that - ENJOY BEING U AND BEING SINGLE (i did when i was your age........!)

xx

Satchmo [sign in to see picture]

I'm an advocate of on-line dating having met my wife via Match.com.

I split from my 1st wife when I was 40 and found myself thinking everyone my age is in a settled relationship and that I would struggle to meet someone new (clearly not true). I also didn't want to meet someone in a bar, been there done that.

So I took the plunge and signed up with Match and I'm happy that I did.

I echo all the comments about web wierdos and the like. Spend time chatting with someone before meeting and above all enjoy it.

Stick with it, I met the most remarkable woman after 3 months of some really nice dates with nice people where we didn't click. It's worth being patient and selective. Give as much info about yourself in your profile as you can and don't worry about the picture conundrum, we all feel that way!

wettongues [sign in to see picture]

Be careful with match they take you money when its due even when you suspend the account, thinking you had cancelled it :S

I am on my second round of internet dating, with POF, as I too am a cheapskate!

I am just going on what I feel with replying to messages, pick out a few things you have in common and have a little hypothetical chat. DONT JUST MESSAGE HI. Personally if you can't be bothered to write a few lines then a) you have no confidence and I don't want to be looking at you, b) can't be bothered in writing a few lines, can you be bothered to come see me? meet half way? reply back?

Also put up to date photos on! they may not be your best, but I was so disappointed when I met one bloke as he looked nothing like his photos. I mean it was him, but it must have been years and years ago.

As MTC said, as you go on more dates and spend more time on there you will get to know more about who you are looking for and it becomes easier to 'spot' potential dates. But since I was last on POF have added instant messaging, which is good, although not on sunday nights, as everyone and their dog seemed to be on there.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

wettongues wrote:

I am just going on what I feel with replying to messages, pick out a few things you have in common and have a little hypothetical chat. DONT JUST MESSAGE HI. Personally if you can't be bothered to write a few lines then a) you have no confidence and I don't want to be looking at you, b) can't be bothered in writing a few lines, can you be bothered to come see me? meet half way? reply back?

Good point, otherwise you may just look like you adopt the shit to wall approach. it hardly makes people feel special.

Doug [sign in to see picture]

well meeting up with someone new tomorrow nice puplic place (ciniworld )

[suspended user]

suspended user

good luck doug hope you make out mate

I have a date!!

Where do people go on an evening date??

I normally go for daytime dates and have coffee or a walk on the beach!

cinemare then meal out? (the film will give u something to talk about after :)

sexylesley [sign in to see picture]

Internet dating worked for me,i'm speaking as an older lady... I'm 51. I met my partner age 56 on ok cupid after exchanging messages (even though the match was only 50%) then emailing, then skype chat and talking.. We finally met and he is wonderful

Doug wrote:

cinemare then meal out? (the film will give u something to talk about after :)

Have you been on your date? or are you going?

What I don't like doing is spending time in the company of someone who I don't click with, and us both being awkward for the rest of the night.

been on one, been stood up on one.

Yeah true. Well u keep the meal bit quite, and if u click suggest it

Well its her loss then isn't it!

Mr Pete [sign in to see picture]

I met one gal a few years back on a free sex-dating site and we exchanged emails, then went on messenger, chatted on the phone a few times, then arranged to meet. I went to her house and within half a minute, she flopped her boobs out and we were off! Hardly internet dating (kinda missed out the dating part!), but it was great fun

We met for sex a few more times, then it faded out and I haven't seen her for about 5 years. She was a bit of a moose, but had all the right bits and pieces - what more can a guy ask for?

I'm very wary of dating sites where you have to pay to view/send messages, even during the "trial" period. I joined one this evening and have been bombarded by messages/winks. Being a bit of an ugly fuck myself, I hardly think they are genuine! So they won't be getting any money from me.

So guess who has a date with his own right-hand this evening then? Wish me luck, we may not get on!

Thin One [sign in to see picture]

Any sites to use/avoid? My low self esteem and health issues have basically meant I've been pretty much single all my life. It's been suggested that I try Internet dating as at least it allows you to get to know someone first before having to approach a random stranger with a cheesy chat up line or misjudge girls who just want to be friends.... Any advice would be appreciated :)

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

Thin One wrote:

Any sites to use/avoid? My low self esteem and health issues have basically meant I've been pretty much single all my life. It's been suggested that I try Internet dating as at least it allows you to get to know someone first before having to approach a random stranger with a cheesy chat up line or misjudge girls who just want to be friends.... Any advice would be appreciated :)

As mentioned earlier I used Ok Cupid, no fees and easy to use however you will find that you have to be proactive. Despite femail equality most of the messages sent are by men to women.

Advice: don't copy and paste messages, it shows that really you just cant be arsed, be polite, friendly and dont come on to her in the first message.

I had a first message asking if I wanted to be someones secret sub, he got a very sharp no in return.

Oh and people lie in their profiles and use old photos so talk to them before you decide to meet up in a public place and DONT offer her a lift home the first time, it leaves you open to accusations.

I would recommend it as a way of meeting people even if nothing long term comes from it.

Good luck

xGGx

got a date tonight, a tad nervouse (normal for me tho)

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

Doug wrote:

got a date tonight, a tad nervouse (normal for me tho)

awww good luck!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.