• Not sure where this might go.

bohohippy [sign in to see picture]

gwabbs wrote:

Sally,

I would advise him to go see the Doc as soon as possible, Thrush can be caused by several underlying health issues such as diabetes or it could be a reaction to certain foods - the sooner he gets checked out the sooner he will find what is causing it, it won't just go away.

Hope you get it sorted soon

abby

Thank you, Sally is the other poster tho, not the one of this thread :)

I'l post tomorrow afternoon with what the doctor says.

maccess [sign in to see picture]

if you think its thrush then natural yogurt can sooth the soreness just get him to dip his penis into a pot.... you can dip a tampon in the pot and insert it in yourself to help you.... i could tell you a funny story about the use of nat yog but i had better not!

also putting vinegar in your bath may help...

Wasn't thrush, the doctor told him it's a minor infection, no STD's or thrust anyways... he's got 4/5 days of cream applying then 4-6 weeks of manual stretching of the foreskin and then if that doesn't work surgery :( I feel so depressed. Near 2 months without sex? I feel like crying! Heh, I love him so it'll have to be toys and tongues but still :(

WandA [sign in to see picture]

At least you have an answer and hopefully the cream and stretching work. If it does come to surgery there are a few options that can be discussed.

I hope all goes well!

WandA wrote:

At least you have an answer and hopefully the cream and stretching work. If it does come to surgery there are a few options that can be discussed.

I hope all goes well!

Me too, how long has anyone gone without sex in a relationship for these types of reasons (not just lack of interest or going off each other) I had such a massive sex drive when we met, usually I don't have one at all. It's gone down to about a normal one now but I'm actually dreading the weeks without it lol.

Keep fingers crossed he'll stretch it out naturally!

Just remember. Tongues are great!

Was he advised not to have sex after using the cream? I thought he might still be able.

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

bohohippy wrote:

Near 2 months without sex? I feel like crying!

No, just 2 months without pulling back his foreskin. You could take this opportunity to try as much non-"sex" sex as you can. Don't just try to substitute other things for a penis, see whether you can find totally new ways to connect and maybe even orgasm. Dare I mention -

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/brands/aneros/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/special-offers/318/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/fun/erotic-books/

Or what about http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=4888 and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/bondage/chastity-belts-devices/ ?

Get kinky, have fun, and get serious about exploring each others' bodies. Good luck!

WandA wrote:

Was he advised not to have sex after using the cream? I thought he might still be able.

His foreskin is too tight, I mean the opening is about the size of 10p without it hurting, then anymore after hurts.

He said this, he said I could concentrate on your pleasure for a few weeks lol, Thank for the links Mr Monster but Anal isn't for me and he wouldn't never let me to it to him haha, my ex was very much that way and well I just wasn't into it either, giving or receiving. My OH loves to go down on me tho so I guess thats a plus and well to keep my fingers cross that his stretching will work, he seems very reluctant to get circumcised, I have no idea how to 'use' one as I'm used to using the foreskin like I'm quite sure he is. xx

bohohippy wrote:

WandA wrote:

His foreskin is too tight, I mean the opening is about the size of 10p without it hurting, then anymore after hurts.

He said this, he said I could concentrate on your pleasure for a few weeks lol, Thank for the links Mr Monster but Anal isn't for me and he wouldn't never let me to it to him haha, my ex was very much that way and well I just wasn't into it either, giving or receiving. My OH loves to go down on me tho so I guess thats a plus and well to keep my fingers cross that his stretching will work, he seems very reluctant to get circumcised, I have no idea how to 'use' one as I'm used to using the foreskin like I'm quite sure he is. xx

It really is a topic worth researching. Circumcision is the easiest option but in many people's opinions, including mine, mostly unnecessary with perseverance. Have a google and heck this link out:

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_alternative_treatments.html

Circumcision can do wonders for certain people but there is also data and anecdotes that suggests it reduces sensitivity and also pleasurable nerve endings are lost. Don't let a doctor 'bully' anyone into a decision just because it's easiest. It is something I'm personally against in most case, I think the lack of value attached to male sex organs is quite worrying but it's not my opinion nor any individuals opinion that counts. Get a variety of sources and hopefully you can make an informed choice.

Good luck!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

hornster wrote:

If your boyfriend's foreskin is tight he may find it painful to roll it back and clean himself properly, hence the build up of smegma (cheese). I had a similar problem and opted for surgery ie. circumcision. There really is no better alternative.

The circumcision was carried out under local anaesthetic and I was home the same day. Bit sore for about a week but was able to have normal, pain free sex, after two weeks. My wife tells me giving me BJs is now much more pleasant!

H

Whilst your advice is great - I would like to add. There are other alternatives and which is better comes down to personal preference. If circumcision worked for you then great but there are other options that should be considered. Especially with such a sensitive area.

Personally, I love my OH's foreskin during oral because there's more to "play" with but again, it comes down to personal preference :)

Adx

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

hornster wrote:

To make sure there are no misunderstandings I thought I'd say I wasn't bullied by my doctor and nor am I trying to bully the OP.

Before I had the surgery I did a lot of research and had several discussions with my GP and a consultant. In the end this was the best choice for me. It's a bit of myth that nerve endings are 'lost' as a result of the surgery. What actually happens is that once the foreskin is gone the glans is permanently exposed and rubs against underwear. It is this that causes a slight loss of sensitivity. This however means an erection can be maintained for longer.

H

I think that's a good point. I didn't consider that some people may believe its a loss of nerve endings that can potentially lead to a loss of or decline in sensitivity.

There is argument that there is loss in sensitivity at all but to me it seems obvious that there is going to be a loss of sensitivity. Since all those sensitive spots are suddenly exposed and unprotected. Also the foreskin can rub around over the tip during sex and be quite pleasurable.

But it's all a trade off, understanding the risks and benefits of each potential procedure. You're removing something that can't be put back so understandably it has to be a massive decision.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

hornster wrote:

To make sure there are no misunderstandings I thought I'd say I wasn't bullied by my doctor and nor am I trying to bully the OP.

Before I had the surgery I did a lot of research and had several discussions with my GP and a consultant. In the end this was the best choice for me. It's a bit of myth that nerve endings are 'lost' as a result of the surgery. What actually happens is that once the foreskin is gone the glans is permanently exposed and rubs against underwear. It is this that causes a slight loss of sensitivity. This however means an erection can be maintained for longer.

H

I think that's a good point. I didn't consider that some people may believe its a loss of nerve endings that can potentially lead to a loss of or decline in sensitivity.

There is argument that there is loss in sensitivity at all but to me it seems obvious that there is going to be a loss of sensitivity. Since all those sensitive spots are suddenly exposed and unprotected. Also the foreskin can rub around over the tip during sex and be quite pleasurable.

But it's all a trade off, understanding the risks and benefits of each potential procedure. You're removing something that can't be put back so understandably it has to be a massive decision.

Adx

It's great that it works for you.

I certainly however disagree it is a myth. This area is lost in circumcision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridged_band#Function

Anecdotally, that is an area where I am most sensitive. I don't think it is just an issue of constantly being 'exposed.

Hi, thank you for all the links :) circumcision is deffo out last opition if anything, I love his foreskin and I'm pretty sure he does too, its obviously up to him whatever happens but right now I'm pretty sure he's set on keeping it unless theres no other opition, I have forwarded him the link and toldhim not to let the doctor bully him..

however I'd like to discus half circumcisions? do they excist? x

Oh, I'll point out before this mini infection, his foreskin was tight but not so bad that he couldn't have painless sex, but sometimes during sex his penis head got so sensitive I had to be really careful not to have him slip out... in saying that, I was wondering if the desensitising with circumcision would actually benefit him in that way?

bohohippy wrote:

Hi, thank you for all the links :) circumcision is deffo out last opition if anything, I love his foreskin and I'm pretty sure he does too, its obviously up to him whatever happens but right now I'm pretty sure he's set on keeping it unless theres no other opition, I have forwarded him the link and toldhim not to let the doctor bully him..

however I'd like to discus half circumcisions? do they excist? x

I think there is a procedure called the 'limited dorsal slit' that is basically a minor cut to release pressure without removing anything. I don't think it's that common however for what ever reason so best to further research.

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_alternative_treatments.html

Mentions it as "Preputioplasty".

Good luck and happy foreskinning!

Haha :) thank you again, I now seem to have a problem downstairs which is annoying... the clitural area if very itchy and when we were playing a few days ago (just his hands and such) my inner walls were cramping badly, and this evening the bit above the clitral area feels stingy :S looks normal though.

On the plus side, he was stretching it in the shower and it goes back over his head with ease whilst soft now, but is still is red, the cream seems to be helping though :)

Kk, thrust all around lol.

His foreskin still doesn't go back all the way when hard but does when soft and is improving. thanks for all the advice.

bohohippy wrote:

Kk, thrust all around lol.

His foreskin still doesn't go back all the way when hard but does when soft and is improving. thanks for all the advice.

It's great that he's getting there. Practice makes perfect!

How long has anyone gone without sex in a relationship for similar reasons? I'm so frustrated, it's been around 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and he only started stretching 3-4 days ago... The doctor said 2-4 weeks but I bet he'll push it further if in 4 weeks it's still not done and we'll be sexless for months on end... btw I'm a chronic worrier so none of this will properly happen, but I haven't got a decent night sleep in 2 days and we rowed all weekend because of both our frustrations over the situation. He just doesn't to me seem very dedicated to the stretching, he didn't do any over the weekend, maybe coz he was with me but that shouldn't be an excuse. >.<

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.