• Condoms and safe sex....musings

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

I always use condoms, birth control and I go to the clinic whether I need to or not. (why yes I am wonderful)

Sex will always have risks, that's why it's 'safer sex' not 'safe sex' but we do what we can and keep buggering on,

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Definitely in the GUM clinic camp - plus I *believe* the medication they give you there is free

Worth figuring out where your local GUM clinic is!

And I'd complain about the prat of a Doctor! Absolutely unnacceptable especially about viruses such as HPV - things like that need sensitivity and to be kept an eye on!

Adx

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

And I'd complain about the prat of a Doctor! Absolutely unnacceptable especially about viruses such as HPV - things like that need sensitivity and to be kept an eye on!

Adx

Seconded! He sounds absolutely vile. I'd seriously think about changing doctors if you can - you have to be able to trust your doctor implicitly and to be comfortable going to see them about anything. If not, you're going to put your own health at risk because you don't want the hassle of getting checked out.

I was worried that I didn't really get taken seriously by my doctor, but since I see a different one every time I go, that's more of a problem than not getting on with the ones I do see!

Oh, and there are STDs (or SSIs, i believe the new term is) that can be contracted at birth, so you're not the only person to be living with a condition that unfairly suggests reckless sex, and definitely not the only one to catch something from a faithful partner.

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

ive never had sex without a condom, as ive never been in a relationship thats stable enough.

the thin condoms are better than the thick ones you get free from the nhs and others, though they are getting better at giving out higher quality and thinner condoms.

plus i like the "belt and braces" approach when i was on the pill. I'm on the implant now so it has a near zero fail rate, but if i do end up in a relationship where we both test clean ( which i have since i last had sex) i would still strongly consider using condoms.

Inara14 [sign in to see picture]

sweetlove666 wrote:

plus i like the "belt and braces" approach when i was on the pill. I'm on the implant now so it has a near zero fail rate, but if i do end up in a relationship where we both test clean ( which i have since i last had sex) i would still strongly consider using condoms.

Im the same. Always better being extra cautious!

Phantasma [sign in to see picture]

Do any of the guys on here find using condoms improves things or does it negate some of the stimulation? Personally I've never been able to say for certain so I thought I'd ask what the rest of you think.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Phantasma wrote:

Do any of the guys on here find using condoms improves things or does it negate some of the stimulation? Personally I've never been able to say for certain so I thought I'd ask what the rest of you think.

If you do a forum search there is at least one thread on this! I think most people agree it does dampen things but obviously it's a small price to pay :)

Adx

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Phantasma wrote:

I agree with Ad on the search, some great threads on this.

For me it does make quite a big difference, I miss the warmth and wetness.

rob_uk [sign in to see picture]

they do put a bit of a halt to the moment but once there on i think they dampen the sensation a little but also help you to last that bit longer so its a price worth paying i think

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.