• Sex-related TV Programmes

    1295827823
    Juan [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 84
    • Joined: 2 Dec 2009

    Just seen Joy of Teen Sex on 4oD (sorry, don't have a TV), but I thought it was quite informative and quite bold. I'm no sex expert, never had anal, never had STDs as I don't commit to sex unless I really know an trust the person...maybe I'm just naive - maybe its aimed at people like me, who just don't know everything? I thought the pineapple thing that it makes your cum taste great is really worth knowing :-)

    1295829547
    Pixieking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 672
    • Joined: 31 Aug 2010

    Not to be snarky, but is it no aimed at, you know, teens?

    If you had a teenage son, is someone telling him eat pineapple to make his cum taste better the thing you'd want him to discover in a sex education show?

    This show was primarily for entertainment, it wasn't really for education.

    1295830166
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    Pixieking wrote:

    If you had a teenage son, is someone telling him eat pineapple to make his cum taste better the thing you'd want him to discover in a sex education show?

    that tip is repeated in tons of "lads mags" ( nuts, zoo, FHM) and all over the internet, i think the main thing with tips like that is that theyre easy to find. what annoyed me about that section was the pressure put on the girl to swallow when she displayed a strong dislike to it, and that the did not discuss other options apart from "spit or swallow"

    1295830636
    Pixieking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 672
    • Joined: 31 Aug 2010

    What made me most angry was how they treated the lad who was afraid of having anal.

    Instead of pointing out that you can have oral sex, erotic massage, mutual masturbation, use of toys, penetrating a partner, ect ect ect, without even going near your own bum hole.

    Fair enough, the boy wanted to be able to recieve anal penetration and there are comendable and understandable reasons for helping him to achieve what he wants, but sex does not = taking a bumming.

    1295830661
    Juan [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 84
    • Joined: 2 Dec 2009

    Pixieking wrote:

    Not to be snarky, but is it no aimed at, you know, teens?

    If you had a teenage son, is someone telling him eat pineapple to make his cum taste better the thing you'd want him to discover in a sex education show?

    This show was primarily for entertainment, it wasn't really for education.

    I didn't think it was aimed at teens and excluded everyone else, who knows, I thought it was social reality type thing. Either way, I learnt stuff from it, and I'm sure teenagers would, even if it isn't a comprehensive A-Z manual. And the pineapple thing is definitely worth knowing, however old you are, not the primary thing to learn, no, but a lot of the basics were in there too, which can't be a bad thing..

    1295831940
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    Pixieking wrote:

    Fair enough, the boy wanted to be able to recieve anal penetration and there are comendable and understandable reasons for helping him to achieve what he wants, but sex does not = taking a bumming.

    actually now you mention about the gay lad's part the lesbian part also centred on penetration too ( allbeit with a strapon they went to great lengths to point out was non phallic)

    1296083109
    sxe_couple21 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 353
    • Joined: 31 Jul 2007

    Is everyone sitting comfortably for tonights show?

    (Are teenagers really 'under increasing pressure' from porn? That seems a bit weighted as per their previous doc's)

    1296084648
    sxe_couple21 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 353
    • Joined: 31 Jul 2007

    Do you reckon if they showed us that patchwork quilt vagina, we'd be able to find the G-spot in under 10 secs? This program is dire.

    1296085086
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    sxe_couple21 wrote:

    Do you reckon if they showed us that patchwork quilt vagina, we'd be able to find the G-spot in under 10 secs? This program is dire.

    Perhaps the problem is ladies aren't born with natural quilty vaginas... I know a quilty vagina would confuse the hell out of me!

    It also sounds a bit like a sex case "Show me where he touches you.."

    1296087657
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    ok so just finished watching it

    oral sex section

    • as with the blowjob section theyre trying to make someone do something they really don't like and that dosen't sit well with me.
    • refering to the vagina as "it" kinda annoyed me
    • the statement that "most youth claim to be experts in going down!" yes they claim but reality can be drastically different.
    • i found the hand sewn vagina complete with silk rose urethra hilarious
    • I don't know if it is just me but advising direct clitoral stimulation is painful and would be more of a turn off
    • the whole vagina modelling could have been done in a private setting using a kit.
    • Plus making the bloke perform in front of a camera is a bit mean ! (i'm aware it was probably faked)

    will the first time hurt

    • I think that the memebr of the public thing was very one sided. my first time did not hurt at all
    • and I didnt bleed, there was an emphasis and a stereotype that all women bleed.
    • no mention of things like increasing foreplay and using lube. first time sex dosen't have to hurt!

    Not liking nipples

    • i thought this section was covered fairly well to be honest, only thing i would have liked to see is some emotional support such as counselling offered. just having an operation may not help.

    Billies sections

    • she was just dismissive and apathetic throughout the whole thing, she'd decided she wouldnt like the glamour modelling before she'd even tried it!
    • there was a lot of use of wide stereotypes, such as , all guys like big tits and live the lads mag lifestyle.
    • she desctibed topless modelling as "something awful" which annoyed me
    • I've never seen someone look so gormless when theyre having their picture taken!
    • Also the statement that the majority of topless models are teens. it's been a few years since ive read a lads mag ( my dad used to get "nuts" each week) but back then most of them were mid to late twenties.
    • also marking all lads mags as "wank material" is slightly wrong, as is saying that people will wank in strip clubs - you'd get thrown out!
    • the strip club thing annoyed me, presenter said she had nothing against it but its clear from what she says she does!

    premature ejaculation

    • Liked how they mentioned its not necassarily a medical problem, yet contradicted themselves by getting a doctor to present it in a surgery type background
    • Delay condoms can be helpful, but can also cause damage, and theres obvious problems of if they get put on inside out!
    • no mention of pelvic floor excersises or stamina training wich might be more helpful long term than "just think of somehting un sexy" which could lead to difficulties maintaing errections.

    Can't have sex at parents

    • why not stay at her parents house if theyre more accepting?
    • saying that you wouldnt have sex if you slept in the same room is all well and good, but hardly beliveable.
    • theres also no mention of stuff that would probably be more reassuring like saying that you are using contraception and things

    Bondage section

    • one major gripe no mention of safewords which is intrinsic to safe BDSM!

    1296088718
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Glad I can't be arsed watching it. It sounds utter tripe.

    Why do they always focus on lads mags and not the shite in womens mags? Bloody hell you only have to look around for a reality check, not all women are 32EE and blonde. It's a bit harder to sort the bullshit in womens mags where the slightest problem in a relationship can only be solved with diamonds, ponies and trampling over people to get your way.

    1296090263
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    WandA wrote:

    Glad I can't be arsed watching it. It sounds utter tripe.

    Why do they always focus on lads mags and not the shite in womens mags? Bloody hell you only have to look around for a reality check, not all women are 32EE and blonde. It's a bit harder to sort the bullshit in womens mags where the slightest problem in a relationship can only be solved with diamonds, ponies and trampling over people to get your way.

    But looking at womens problems is sexist in tv world! and those magazines and tv shows in general like to portray women as mulit dimentional and confusing, as theres more mileage in it and "society" and "men" can be blamed for all thats wrong with woman kind.

    it annoys me too unfortunatley, esp as people buy that crap!

    1296093270
    Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 141
    • Joined: 25 Sep 2009

    I really, really can't stand the teen journalist.

    1296095608
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    Peachy keen wrote:

    I really, really can't stand the teen journalist.

    I think most of us do! she needs a good slap at least.

    does it make it better or worse that theres no way that she could be qualified ( she's 18). at times when im less cruel i think that some of it could be exusable cause she dosent know any better. but then she does something stupidly annoying.

    1296126759
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 991
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    Thing is, she maybe doesn't know any better, but this isn't her uploading a YouTube video: there's some burden of responsability on the people who are delivering that tripe. It's mind-boggling to think that apparently no one in the entire team realises just how out of touch their 'educational' programmes are.

    1296131644
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    BashfulBabe wrote:

    Thing is, she maybe doesn't know any better, but this isn't her uploading a YouTube video: there's some burden of responsability on the people who are delivering that tripe. It's mind-boggling to think that apparently no one in the entire team realises just how out of touch their 'educational' programmes are.

    O, I'm sure they do. But responsible isn't as funto gawp at. I'm sure the C4 peeps knew when they found some of the mentals they did it was expoitative but it gets people watching.

    1296207354
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1773
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    sweetlove666 wrote:

    ok so just finished watching it

    oral sex section

    • as with the blowjob section theyre trying to make someone do something they really don't like and that dosen't sit well with me.
    • refering to the vagina as "it" kinda annoyed me
    • the statement that "most youth claim to be experts in going down!" yes they claim but reality can be drastically different.
    • i found the hand sewn vagina complete with silk rose urethra hilarious
    • I don't know if it is just me but advising direct clitoral stimulation is painful and would be more of a turn off
    • the whole vagina modelling could have been done in a private setting using a kit.
    • Plus making the bloke perform in front of a camera is a bit mean ! (i'm aware it was probably faked)

    will the first time hurt

    • I think that the memebr of the public thing was very one sided. my first time did not hurt at all
    • and I didnt bleed, there was an emphasis and a stereotype that all women bleed.
    • no mention of things like increasing foreplay and using lube. first time sex dosen't have to hurt!

    Not liking nipples

    • i thought this section was covered fairly well to be honest, only thing i would have liked to see is some emotional support such as counselling offered. just having an operation may not help.

    Billies sections

    • she was just dismissive and apathetic throughout the whole thing, she'd decided she wouldnt like the glamour modelling before she'd even tried it!
    • there was a lot of use of wide stereotypes, such as , all guys like big tits and live the lads mag lifestyle.
    • she desctibed topless modelling as "something awful" which annoyed me
    • I've never seen someone look so gormless when theyre having their picture taken!
    • Also the statement that the majority of topless models are teens. it's been a few years since ive read a lads mag ( my dad used to get "nuts" each week) but back then most of them were mid to late twenties.
    • also marking all lads mags as "wank material" is slightly wrong, as is saying that people will wank in strip clubs - you'd get thrown out!
    • the strip club thing annoyed me, presenter said she had nothing against it but its clear from what she says she does!

    premature ejaculation

    • Liked how they mentioned its not necassarily a medical problem, yet contradicted themselves by getting a doctor to present it in a surgery type background
    • Delay condoms can be helpful, but can also cause damage, and theres obvious problems of if they get put on inside out!
    • no mention of pelvic floor excersises or stamina training wich might be more helpful long term than "just think of somehting un sexy" which could lead to difficulties maintaing errections.

    Can't have sex at parents

    • why not stay at her parents house if theyre more accepting?
    • saying that you wouldnt have sex if you slept in the same room is all well and good, but hardly beliveable.
    • theres also no mention of stuff that would probably be more reassuring like saying that you are using contraception and things

    Bondage section

    • one major gripe no mention of safewords which is intrinsic to safe BDSM!

    Thanks for the update sweetlove! I caught up last night and agree with all your points (again). I do really want to make my own fabric vagina though :D

    1296208657
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    the fabric vagina looked quite intimidating to me but im sure there are patterns online for somehting like that, afterall you can knit wombs and boobs for teaching purposes.

    getting something that was semi realistic ( eg http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15445 but from a medical supply company) would have been easier and more relateable to?

    1296231021
    Pixieking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 672
    • Joined: 31 Aug 2010

    Those fabric vaginas are actually used quite a lot by sex educators I believe. It's just a nice way of showing where everything is and demonstrating without looking like somethin that's been removed from anotomical barbie. I've been watching a lot of dr Ruthie videos on youtube lately and she has two of them. =P

    I wanted to buy a mini one for cuteness factor, but they are only sold by Yoni.com and they cost a fortune.

    1296239207
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 991
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    Yeah, there's a trend of using fabric (and gayly coloured) rudie bits because some people can be quite offended by even the image of parts that should stay covered. That's why there's often drives among the knitting community to make up fake boobies, since they're used to teach women how to breastfeed, and sometimes knitted cocks which are used to teach men how to put on condoms properly, and especially in some more fundamentalist countries, showing even just a realisitically coloured 'toy' boob or penis or vagina could get you in serious bother. Here, it's better to take the same idea, since that way you're prepared to cater for any who would have religious objections to realistic items, and it's a little less intimidating for more embarassed folk (even if it's not taboo to show a penis, could you image how a 16 year old would react to having a realistic dildo whapped in front of her? at least with silly looking fabrics, her giggles don't embarass her further).

    For those both curious and crafty, there's a knitted vulva pattern here: http://emilytbm.blogspot.com/2008/10/knitted-vulva.html

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.