• Sex-related TV Programmes

    1294627321
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    We don't mean to SCARE you with sensationalist titles at all but:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xhdzl/Is_Oral_Sex_Safe/

    IS ORAL SEX SAFE? (Apparently so given many young women are now vaccinated against HPV, and head and neck cancers make up only 3% of total cancers of which the death rate from head and neck cancer is about 0.000024% per year in the USA, of which only about 20% of all head and neck cancers contains elements of HPV DNA and only 50% of these cancers containing the virus may actually be caused by HPV etc...) This is all based on Wiki info mind and it is late so don't sue me if I'm wrong... but I'll still take my chances.

    I wonder if it will be any good given the misleading title or like a typical channel 4 pseudo-doc with titles such as 'The man who has 2 foot long teeth' or 'My big hairy vagina'. I hope it is balanced.

    BBC3 is utter balls really isn't it?

    1294629170
    SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2491
    • Joined: 1 Dec 2008

    I don't watch much telly at all. I feel it's a waste of my life. Don't understand people who just sit and channel surf day in day out if they're able to get up and do something, anything! Load of shit in my opinion. Moan over.

    1294650605
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    WandA wrote:

    We don't mean to SCARE you with sensationalist titles at all but:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xhdzl/Is_Oral_Sex_Safe/

    IS ORAL SEX SAFE? (Apparently so given many young women are now vaccinated against HPV, and head and neck cancers make up only 3% of total cancers of which the death rate from head and neck cancer is about 0.000024% per year in the USA, of which only about 20% of all head and neck cancers contains elements of HPV DNA and only 50% of these cancers containing the virus may actually be caused by HPV etc...) This is all based on Wiki info mind and it is late so don't sue me if I'm wrong... but I'll still take my chances.

    I wonder if it will be any good given the misleading title or like a typical channel 4 pseudo-doc with titles such as 'The man who has 2 foot long teeth' or 'My big hairy vagina'. I hope it is balanced.

    BBC3 is utter balls really isn't it?

    I saw the advert for this and answered the question in one word - "no". there BBC ive saved you money and programming time!

    c4's "the sex education show" annoyed me so much, it was sensationalist, tried to demonise anyone who was sex positive and fed th general public a load of lies about things. I also hate the presenters style too, she seems to pretend to be open and to go on a journey of "discovery" yet has blatently made her mind up before and bends the truth or only presents arguments to fit her opinions.

    1294679333
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Panorama, Too much too young:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xj6mb/Panorama_Too_Much_Too_Young/

    Does anyone else have an irrational hatred of Jeremy Vine?

    1294738400
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1773
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    Right, so I had an evening of watching TV programmes 'for work purposes'! Had mixed feelings about both, really.

    The 'Is Oral Sex Safe' programme really missed the mark for me. It was given a 'shock' title, and after about 10 minutes the presenter asked the HPV expert that very question and the answer was 'no'. Yet there was no mention about what could be done to protect yourself, especially as the documentary focussed on oral cancer in men and, frankly, how common are dental dams?

    The documentary focussed on getting the HPV jab for boys, and made an extremely pertinent point about gay men not being protected whatsoever by herd immunity, but the documentary didn't once mention how prevalent HPV-related oral cancer was (which seemed to be the focus of the documentary). The health minister they spoke to said it would cost £300 per jab for an extra 300,000 boys per year = (my bad maths makes that £90,000,000). There was a lot of outrage about boys not getting the jab without much thought to the bigger picture.

    As for 'Too Much Too Young' - can hardly remember it from watching it last night! The researchers had apparently been desperately trying to find 'sexualised' clothes for children and cam away pretty much empty-handed. I think the most interesting points were about music videos and dancing, which was much better covered in Music, Money and Hip Hip Honeys.

    1294750351
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

    Right, so I had an evening of watching TV programmes 'for work purposes'! Had mixed feelings about both, really.

    The 'Is Oral Sex Safe' programme really missed the mark for me. It was given a 'shock' title, and after about 10 minutes the presenter asked the HPV expert that very question and the answer was 'no'. Yet there was no mention about what could be done to protect yourself, especially as the documentary focussed on oral cancer in men and, frankly, how common are dental dams?

    The documentary focussed on getting the HPV jab for boys, and made an extremely pertinent point about gay men not being protected whatsoever by herd immunity, but the documentary didn't once mention how prevalent HPV-related oral cancer was (which seemed to be the focus of the documentary). The health minister they spoke to said it would cost £300 per jab for an extra 300,000 boys per year = (my bad maths makes that £90,000,000). There was a lot of outrage about boys not getting the jab without much thought to the bigger picture.

    As for 'Too Much Too Young' - can hardly remember it from watching it last night! The researchers had apparently been desperately trying to find 'sexualised' clothes for children and cam away pretty much empty-handed. I think the most interesting points were about music videos and dancing, which was much better covered in http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00x1wz7/Music_Money_and_Hip_Hop_Honeys/.

    Ah. Tar Alice. I'll scrap the Panorama one then.

    Sounds an awful doc the first one... We planned to 'protest' and watch it last night, alas we didn't get around to it. I *may* even go all Sachsgate and complain if it's that bad.

    1295380221
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    IS ORAL SEX SAFE?

    Programme was dross. The presenting was awful, the women interviewing people was obviously clueless and reading from notes half the time (you could see them in some shot) and although they played on building the human side of the story (i.e. asking tedious bloody questions) at times I became confused between the presenter and table the performance was so wooden. Throw in plenty of lacking in context sound bites about dangers (with about two mentions of actual absolute values) and it fell flat on the floor. I must say I did like the highly educated random teen dance group all very well clued up on STDs bar HPV who all had something useful to impart.

    Just for the record: 700 deaths/cases (can't remember) a year of oral cancer... most caused by cancer and drinking... not a bloody sausage on those two (well maybe in the last 10mins we didn't watch).

    No wonder I think BBC3 is shite.

    1295380536
    Vampyrewillow [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 514
    • Joined: 26 Jan 2009

    Anybody going to watch "the joy of teen sex" on channel 4?

    VW x

    1295380994
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Vampyrewillow wrote:

    Anybody going to watch "the joy of teen sex" on channel 4?

    VW x

    Nah. Got that on DVD...

    O, wait. that joy of teen sex of teen sex...

    I don't think I'll have the time!

    1295382091
    LittleMiss1981UK [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 139
    • Joined: 31 Dec 2010

    I love Californication.

    It's great sex on tv lol

    1295440896
    hornymanc [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 28
    • Joined: 25 Jun 2007

    I miss "badly dubbed porn" that was a FUNNY show! Then again, I did always wonder just how many people were watching on mute:-D

    1295443058

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2830
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    not heard of that one sorry. but did just watch the missnude australia and was amzed how much fanny they showed on brit tv.And i must say the oz attitude towards sex,brothels etc is great .why can't we be like that in the uk?

    1295443390
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

    As for 'Too Much Too Young' - can hardly remember it from watching it last night!

    i saw about 2 minuetes of it. they mentioned it was in conjunction with mumsnet so i turned it off. it was obvious from that that it'd be millitant parenting about precious childeren and how society must revolve around them kind of thing.

    1295443518

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2830
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    sounds about as interesting as watching paint dry

    1295443889
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    i've just thought, isn't HPV passed on though non sexual things such as warts as well? if someone gets cancer from HPV how can they draw concrete conclusion on where they got it from?

    1295444570
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    sweetlove666 wrote:

    i've just thought, isn't HPV passed on though non sexual things such as warts as well? if someone gets cancer from HPV how can they draw concrete conclusion on where they got it from?

    I think it's a case of sticking your HPV-ie bits into other people's pink, soft and squishy bits. Most people get HPV at some point but various viruses, bacteria etc... tend to enjoy the conditions of pussies, bums and mouths don't they. Think cervical cancer.

    Forgive the medical jargon.

    1295445262
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1773
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    The Joy of Teen Sex is on tonight, Channel 4 10PM. Anyone planning to tune in?

    1295445771
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

    The Joy of Teen Sex is on tonight, Channel 4 10PM. Anyone planning to tune in?

    Broken linky:

    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-joy-of-teen-sex

    I'll skip this. It's C4, I don't have high hopes!

    1295448444
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    i might watch it. depends what im doing tonight.

    1295448844
    toycar69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 774
    • Joined: 13 Jul 2010

    We've run out of things in our planner, so I may drop this one in. We enjoyed the Sex Education show (another from C4), although in the last series it was a bit worrying to hear that the pensioners they interviewed are doing it more than us!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.