• Tracy Cox and Julie Peasgood

    1289851538
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2857
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    WandA wrote:

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    MsEllie wrote:

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:These so called sexperts are spouting utter crap! I think that the OA should give out advice, we do a lot better job than them.

    *Starts Masquerade for Sexpert Blogger Campaign*

    Lol thanks sweetie. I am no expert as I dont have experiences in everything then again most people dont. I do try and give good advice when I know something about the subject.

    I think around 50 OA members would make a cracking good sexpert team!

    Democratic sex advice is the future!

    Lol indeed. I think we could cover most bases. The Orgasm Army Sexpert Team. Or TOAST lol!

    1289851925
    MsEllie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 150
    • Joined: 11 Nov 2010

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    MsEllie wrote:

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:These so called sexperts are spouting utter crap! I think that the OA should give out advice, we do a lot better job than them.

    *Starts Masquerade for Sexpert Blogger Campaign*

    Lol thanks sweetie. I am no expert as I dont have experiences in everything then again most people dont. I do try and give good advice when I know something about the subject.

    I think around 50 OA members would make a cracking good sexpert team!

    Democratic sex advice is the future!

    Lol indeed. I think we could cover most bases. The Orgasm Army Sexpert Team. Or TOAST lol!

    Have a cup of tea and settle down with TOAST for sexytalk.

    Can see it working... LH you listening?!

    1289852202
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6342
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    MsEllie wrote:

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:These so called sexperts are spouting utter crap! I think that the OA should give out advice, we do a lot better job than them.

    *Starts Masquerade for Sexpert Blogger Campaign*

    Lol thanks sweetie. I am no expert as I dont have experiences in everything then again most people dont. I do try and give good advice when I know something about the subject.

    I think around 50 OA members would make a cracking good sexpert team!

    Democratic sex advice is the future!

    Lol indeed. I think we could cover most bases. The Orgasm Army Sexpert Team. Or TOAST lol!

    Oooo Clever!

    1289900438
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1549
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    MsEllie wrote:

    Can see it working... LH you listening?!

    We're listening, and it's also a thought we've already had in-depth discussions about as we know you're a knowledgable bunch with loads of experience. We're formulating a plan as part of the ongoing improvements.

    Love TOAST

    1289908680
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6342
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    LoveHoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

    Good morning, you vigilante reprobates. I've been laughing my ass off at some of the things you lot have come out with in this thread.

    I'd full-on support you offering your own advice in reply to the posts on the Blog and think you're quite right to challenge any advice you think is a bit iffy.

    You wanna check out my friend, http://www.grimrita.org. Some of you may remember her from Faceparty. She's a riot :D

    And thanks for the support, it's really good to hear you guys are enjoying my stuff. :D

    Wanda, I'll have you know that my latest relationship has me being much more diplomatic. Instead of 'shut up and do x' it's 'what would you do if I did x?'. Well. Most of the time ;) x

    Hah about the Grim Rita lady!

    Hah! The G-Spot is like a Klingon's forehead.

    Brighton is the TK Maxx of penis.

    I love the testimonials too!

    Well Hella... I don't expect you to be quite so direct all the time, you just have a certain alluring scariness, that well, scares me a little. Like a tiger, who wouldn't want a pet tiger? It could still rip your face off though...

    1289914692
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2857
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Ahhh LH approve

    We could have our own little show on LH tv, hello and welcome to TOAST, the number one place for advice on all things sexual.. lol.

    I do appreciate that sex advice can be difficult to please everyone but some of the stuff that is posted seems to be very offensive towards females.

    I'll check out grim rita later

    1289915672
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6342
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    Ahhh LH approve

    We could have our own little show on LH tv, hello and welcome to TOAST, the number one place for advice on all things sexual.. lol.

    I do appreciate that sex advice can be difficult to please everyone but some of the stuff that is posted seems to be very offensive towards females.

    I'll check out grim rita later

    I don't agree it's offensive. Just, well some of it is rubbish and a bit irresponsible.

    1289921395
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6342
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    LoveHoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

    Well you're always welcome to send in your bits and pieces to LoveHoney Alice. If she loves what you write/film/audio clip etc, I'm sure she'll find a way of getting it onto the site ^_^

    I considered writing my dissertation on the philosophy of sexuality, that would have been fun and worth posting.

    I might have a go at that one day and email something to the lovely Alice!

    1289928424
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2857
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    LoveHoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

    Well you're always welcome to send in your bits and pieces to LoveHoney Alice. If she loves what you write/film/audio clip etc, I'm sure she'll find a way of getting it onto the site ^_^

    Mmm well I have no idea how to go about something like that. You could always give us a topic and then some replies or look through topics already discussed.

    1291241731
    opp1 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 2
    • Joined: 1 Aug 2010

    I think this from Tracey suggested that you don't talk to the man you just had sex with for the first time

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2009/01/12/tracey-cox-sex-tips-women/

    Play it cool? Meaningful looks? He's more likely to think you've gone cold on him if you're not going to to talk to him

    1291245024
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3512
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    opp1 wrote:

    I think this from Tracey suggested that you don't talk to the man you just had sex with for the first time

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2009/01/12/tracey-cox-sex-tips-women/

    Play it cool? Meaningful looks? He's more likely to think you've gone cold on him if you're not going to to talk to him

    Ah ha ha - the last one

    Save the post-sex emotional fallout for your girlfriends: If he really doesn't want to know you now that he's had his wicked way, you'll only embarrass yourself by trying to find out if you're an item. If he really likes you, he'll call the next day and organise your next date. The more relaxed you are about the whole thing, the more smitten he'll be. Be affectionate and shoot a few meaningful looks, so he knows it meant something, but resist hanging onto his legs as he makes for the front door.

    So if you've got your wires crossed - or he's decided to fuck you off now he's fucked you - save *him* the heartache and "don't embarrass yourself"....huh? Tracy...seriously? Don't embarrass yourself? It's not embarrassing to find out where you stand with someone like a mature adult, rather than behaving like, or letting your sexual partner behave like a child!

    Adx

    1291246575
    JakeH [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 349
    • Joined: 12 Jul 2008

    It's interesting to see everyone's opinions on Tracey here, because I've always held her in a high regard. When I was 14/15/16 I read her Supersex and Superflirt books and really enjoyed them. I think it was reading books like those that really got me thinking about how imagination could be the best asset in bed, and I remember her books being full of lots of little ideas that I'm sure I still use today. The idea in Superflirt to randomly make eye contact with strangers while walking down the pavement did wonders for my confidence and body language then, and now I've no problem with holding people's gaze.

    The post Alicia linked to above does seem a bit 'do this, do that' for girls, but she also offers guys a lot of tips on being better lovers too. I don't think the tip above is that bad either, it's not saying to pretend to be emotionally inert after having sex with someone, just to not immediately rush into 'big' conversations, that way the mystery and slight naughtiness of the one night stand is retained - something I think anyone would appreciate. I'm sure Tracey didn't mean that people should never talk about their feelings or intentions, just that discussing things too earlier on can be intimidating.

    Maybe I'm being too kind, but I still admire her :)

    1291246653
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6342
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    I guess the point is if you slip into bed with someone you're not that familiar with then a relationship might not be on the cards for him.

    But as mentioned, I don't see why communication doesn't apply here. What if he waits for her? etc... Silly advice in my opinion too.

    1291246877
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3512
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Jake of Facts and Friction wrote:

    It's interesting to see everyone's opinions on Tracey here, because I've always held her in a high regard. When I was 14/15/16 I read her Supersex and Superflirt books and really enjoyed them. I think it was reading books like those that really got me thinking about how imagination could be the best asset in bed, and I remember her books being full of lots of little ideas that I'm sure I still use today. The idea in Superflirt to randomly make eye contact with strangers while walking down the pavement did wonders for my confidence and body language then, and now I've no problem with holding people's gaze.

    The post Alicia linked to above does seem a bit 'do this, do that' for girls, but she also offers guys a lot of tips on being better lovers too. I don't think the tip above is that bad either, it's not saying to pretend to be emotionally inert after having sex with someone, just to not immediately rush into 'big' conversations, that way the mystery and slight naughtiness of the one night stand is retained - something I think anyone would appreciate. I'm sure Tracey didn't mean that people should never talk about their feelings or intentions, just that discussing things too earlier on can be intimidating.

    Maybe I'm being too kind, but I still admire her :)

    For me, I prefer Tracey Cox to Julie Peasgood. I think TC makes mistakes and gives dodgy advice on occasion but she could be much worse. Julie however, consistantly doesn't think through her advice and it really gets on my goat. Anyone can give the type of advice JP gives - at least TC does know a bit about what she advises on.

    Adxx

    1291247340
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 767
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    I think a lot of it is bad phrasing. For the whole issue of 'meaningful looks', I think that's something that can be good advice, but just in the right context. Like, once you've exchanged numbers, and he's said he'll call, you're not going to get anything more concrete than that: if he's interested, he'll call as he said he would, and if he's not, then he's just as likely to humour you to get out without a confrontation if you push the issue. Might have been better to say that you should do the number exchange, make it clear you're interested, and then leave it be, rather than making it sound like you should be acting all aloof and coy and relying purly on coded signals.

    1291247560
    KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1315
    • Joined: 22 Aug 2009

    In the above scenario I agree with Tracy to some extent, a great long "but what did it REALLY mean, where is this going type conversation" is a bit much after a one night stand on the other hand just giving "meaningful looks" (meaning what exactly?!) is a bit too ambiguous. Surely it would be much better to just say: "I had a nice time, I'd like to see you again, call me if you'd like to go on a date sometime."

    xxKPxx

    1291247607
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3512
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Also meant to add - I think with the article opp1 mentioned - she tried to apply it to too many different situations - bits focus one "first time in new relationship" some focus on "first time with new partner (e.g. one night stand)....there's confusing cross over. The point I commented on, if applied to a ONS then fair enough, if applied to the beginnning of a new relationship then my point still stands :P

    Adx

    1291247665
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6342
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    I agree JP is usually rubbish.

    TC seems to speak from a position of confidence, while expecting the same levels of confidence from other people. Some advice is great but I do think one problem is that she talks from her position rather than the person actually asking the questions, she knows what she wants and how to get it. Some people barely know what they want.

    1292185082
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6342
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    An article from TC:

    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/relationships/man-woman/Sex-guide-according-to-your-age/articleshow/4807102.cms

    It does that annoying thing of named dropping arbitrary research to help build a story around. It doesn't seem to clear up the cause and effect issue, it seems likely to me that the youngsters behaviour is a result of being brought up in an increasingly liberal society rather than actually being young. Plays a bit too much on the stereotypes too. Young men think of sex alot, older women are cougars etc...

    So, people in their 20s like to experiment, as do people in their 30s and also in their 40s? People over their 40s don't exist you in a sexual capacity.

    1318343906
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2237
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    I am not sure how much I like the advice, although I think some of it is helpful for beginners. Although what I miss in the video on lubes by Julia is the information some women are sensitive to glycerine, which happens to be my case and it helped to developed a nasty infection for me and after being on the forum I am finding I am far from alone with this problem. And I sometimes feel that they dont handle some issues with sensitivity.

    But I am really thinking about getting TC glass dildo set! And her toys have mainly very good reviews, so I guess she does make them working for a lot of people!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.