• Tracy Cox and Julie Peasgood

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty wrote:

Complately agree - if we start lying where does it end?

You shouldn't be made to feel ashamed just because you *may* need to use lube - if your partner doesn't like it, he clearly isn't worth being your sexual partner.

And really, is a man NOT going to notice you've just slipped a condom on?? He might say he cannot *feel* you but you don't want to get an STI or pregnant - fair do's I think?!

Actually the 10 real reasons he doesnt want to get married article annoyed me but hey-ho....

Really.......

Exactly - if you have to trick him, does he really respect you? And if not, do you really want to sleep with him?

I'm going to read the rest of the mag on Weds after my essay deadline - so will come back with opinions on the other article you mention!

Adx

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

I'll paraphrase the whole article - there's nothing in it for a man -

No 8 - he has to watch everyone else dancing and can't even grab an arsecheek (?!)

No 10 - Frankly the only traditional advantage of getting married - sleeping with your girlfriend for the 1st time, is now utterly obsolete. So really, what's in it for us?

WTF?!

LittleKitty wrote:

No 8 - he has to watch everyone else dancing and can't even grab an arsecheek (?!)

No 10 - Frankly the only traditional advantage of getting married - sleeping with your girlfriend for the 1st time, is now utterly obsolete. So really, what's in it for us?

WTF?!

Ah haha - you have to laugh really! Love to see how happy the writer of that is 2 decades from now!

Cause men really only prioritise grabbing bums and having sex over everything else.

Adx

WandA [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty wrote:

WTF?!

Oooo it was satire not serious. It was funny!

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

WTF?!

Oooo it was satire not serious. It was funny!

LOL, I know, I know, but articles like this annoy me - don't know why, it's just what makes us all different. Maybe annoy not the right word

It makes me roll my eyes!

yuraku [sign in to see picture]

Good to see you have worked out EVERY man in the universe and put us all into the caveman box Alicia!

As much as I love women and bums, sex and a whole list of other things I certainly have a number of things that take priority over them and my own children is just one of them.... Some of us do have morals, feelings and brains....

yuraku wrote:

Good to see you have worked out EVERY man in the universe and put us all into the caveman box Alicia!

As much as I love women and bums, sex and a whole list of other things I certainly have a number of things that take priority over them and my own children is just one of them.... Some of us do have morals, feelings and brains....

Not my opinion Yuraku - whoever wrote the article above. It was sarcasm.

Ad

Tracy Quan is a nob though, not just for the lube but also recommending the Durex little gem.

"Put a condom on without telling him"... You have to hide it in your bra and behind your hair so he doesn't notice. You also get him erect with your mouth (can't carth STD's that way can you? O, what's that you say?).

Utter poppycock! (Hehe... funny word.)

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Tracy Quan is a nob though, not just for the lube but also recommending the Durex little gem.

So very, very true!

And thanks for the linkage to moi! The comment was definitely appreciated, as I said on twitter I was glad it came across as more than just unfocussed "raaaargh"! ;)

*Groan*

Another blog post from a 'sexpert' with crappy advice...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2010/11/14/julie-peasgood-sex-tips-november-14-2010/

This is what happens when you read a crappy news article on it. Grrr!

WandA wrote:

*Groan*

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2010/11/14/julie-peasgood-sex-tips-november-14-2010/

This could also go in the "pseudoscience" thread - because although the article in question *was* written by a "real" scientist, it's not a greatly produced paper and has been refuted several times - the journalists who ran with it should have picked up on that. But then that's what happens when papers don't have dedicated science journalists.

Plus the general public should learn that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and not trust (and then blog about) something that's unlikely to be true!

Adx

MsEllie [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

*Groan*

I saw this and didnt even give it the credit of opening to read it - having looked now this sort of crap has been touted in trash mags for years with the same scientific quality which has had 'sex standing up doesnt get you pregnant' declared on playground for 30 years.

what matters is that you are LUCKY ENOUGH to get pregnant, carry a child to term, and that they are born healthy. If you're so worried about getting the right 'type' that you're stuffing yourself with certain foods, then frankly you need to get a grip and grow up before deciding to have a child.

Sheesh. crap like this annoys me. It was once statisticly proven that children with bigger shoe sizes have higher IQ's. They forgot to mention that children with bigger feet tended to be older.....

Spanky H [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

*Groan*

What a load of tripe... science reporting in the "quality" press is pretty poor most of the time, but dirvel like this really makes me despair. It seems that columnists are so desperate for something to write about (presumably because that's how they make a living) that they trott out any old cr@p without thinking if it is likely to be accurate or useful.

I have a lot of time for Tracey Cox, some (probably most) of the stuff she writes is down to earth and sensible (and I do like the pictures in her glossy DK books;-)), but then she comes out with stuff in her books like "semen can relieve depression". Most anti-depressants can't treat depression, so how you can make a claim like this is beyond belief. The "evidence" I think was that some compounds found in semen are assoicated somehow with some compounds found in the brain which may be lacking in severely depressed people... there was no evidence that the claim was true, just some *very* tenuous circumstantial evidence that there *might* be a link between chemicals that *might* be linked to mood.

Anyway chaps, here's my scientificlay proven advice - if your partner is feeling crap and you suggest her giving you a blowjob will help lift her mood then you can expect a kick in the boll0cks.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Spanky H wrote:

WandA wrote:

*Groan*

Anyway chaps, here's my scientificlay proven advice - if your partner is feeling crap and you suggest her giving you a blowjob will help lift her mood then you can expect a kick in the boll0cks.

Lol! That is so funny! Although there is some speculation that orgasms can help headaches. Perhaps due to paying more attention to that. Around 50% of the time the OH has a headache I will give him oral. It usually cheers him up lol. I can tell when he does have a headache, he is all moppy.

These so called sexperts are spouting utter crap! I think that the OA should give out advice, we do a lot better job than them. It makes me so angry! We have spent so long getting to the stage where female orgasms are important and then they say stroke their ego! It may work for a sex job but for a relationship it certainly doesn't!

MsEllie wrote:

Sheesh. crap like this annoys me. It was once statisticly proven that children with bigger shoe sizes have higher IQ's. They forgot to mention that children with bigger feet tended to be older.....

Hahaha! The inability to think of some people (and so many of them!) amazes me!

Adx

Science behind the headlines.

Excellent myth dispelling from the NHS.

Although I do think there is something in the blowjob/happiness thing... Well, that's what I tell her...

MsEllie [sign in to see picture]

MasqueradeMinx wrote:These so called sexperts are spouting utter crap! I think that the OA should give out advice, we do a lot better job than them.

*Starts Masquerade for Sexpert Blogger Campaign*

MsEllie wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:These so called sexperts are spouting utter crap! I think that the OA should give out advice, we do a lot better job than them.

Lol thanks sweetie. I am no expert as I dont have experiences in everything then again most people dont. I do try and give good advice when I know something about the subject.

I think around 50 OA members would make a cracking good sexpert team!

WandA wrote:

Science behind the headlines.

Excellent myth dispelling from the NHS.

Although I do think there is something in the blowjob/happiness thing... Well, that's what I tell her...

Well it gets rid of the OAs headache and leaves him grinning

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

MsEllie wrote:

Lol thanks sweetie. I am no expert as I dont have experiences in everything then again most people dont. I do try and give good advice when I know something about the subject.

I think around 50 OA members would make a cracking good sexpert team!

Democratic sex advice is the future!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.