• Things that confuse me...

Miss teach&nurse [sign in to see picture]

I never look at the other aisles...... I do a crazy quick march the whole way through the store straight to the booze x

CurlyCoupleWife wrote:

They assume that you'll buy the alcohol anyway and put it at the far end so you have to travel through the entire shop (hopefully picking up loads of other stuff on the way) before you reach it.

Tricksy superstores...

Miss teach&nurse [sign in to see picture]

ghostgirl wrote:

Miss teach&nurse wrote:

^^^^^ This is all made much easier by cards etc that monitor what exactly customers buy and time of year it is bought! AH yes good old customer research - know your target and hunt them down lol

I must say though tesco have it wrong as the alcohol in every one ive been in has been at the far end of the store near the items you rarely buy! I think it would be more beneficial to put the alcohol near the kids toy items, magazines etc...... Here is my logic behind this - by the time the kids have finished screaming 'I want' mums and dads will see the alcohol and decide that yes it is defo needed that evening to calm their fragile nerves lol

you have clearly watched me shopping!!!

xGGx

I knew that was you i seen shopping the other day...... was it 1 or 2 bottles i seen u pick up? lol x

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

Why can't people who've been married for the last couple of decades understand that after twenty years of things not working out over and over and over again, I'm plain old exhausted from it all?

boobaloo [sign in to see picture]

rose hip wrote:

Why can't people who've been married for the last couple of decades understand that after twenty years of things not working out over and over and over again, I'm plain old exhausted from it all?

are you ok?

KinkyKev [sign in to see picture]

Rose Hip, I hope that you get sorted hun. It is really hard being in a marriage that isn't working. Hope it works out. Here if you want impartial advice hun as going through divorce right now. Good luck xxx

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. My marriage was lousy but ended long enough ago that I've lost track of how many years and I'm glad it's over.

Once again, yet another oh so helpful friend is very insistent that I'll find someone. No idea how, he'll just magically appear apparently. She's been partnered for 19 years, so for her dating someone new is an exciting fantasy with a happy ending. During that time, I've had 14 break-ups and countless 'no thanks' from dating sites, etc. I'm worn out from it.

I'm not particularly happy about being single, but platitudes and lack of empathy from friends isn't making it any easier.

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

oh rose hip! I'm so sorry. I know what it feels like when you feel you've "invested" time & effort in a string of relationships only for it to feel like a complete waste at the end of it.

I hated dating & don't miss it one little bit - I hope you find your someone who returns your love & effort soon, in the meantime I'd suggest investing time in you - do what you love doing, and if needs be take classes to become better at it or join a group of like-minded people (ie reading groups, cooking lessons, stargazing groups - whatever floats your boat). For me this helped me feel better about myself, took the edge off of loneliness and gave me stuff to look forward to.

I understand that dating can be soul-destroying at times, and I empathise - try to stay strong - you're not defined by your other half, or lack there-of. You're a wonderful woman in your own right.

Best of luck

CCW x

Excellent advice, CCW. I've been following it to the best of my ability for 24 years.

I don't feel like my relationships been a waste. I'm just running on empty, emotionally as well as physically, and don't have the umph for another round of men finding reasons why I'm not what they're looking for.

A_A, do you think that everyone has someone they're meant for? What happens if one of them dies young or marries someone else?

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

Rose sounds like you are going through a tough time, I believe there is someone out there for everyone and fate will bring those 2 souls together.

My husband was a friend of the neighbours I had growing up, we never met during that time. He was the milkman where I was at Uni and we didnt meet then either. We met by accident on a cross chanel ferry!

When he died I thought I would be alone for the rest of my life but I have met someone who has turned my world upsidedown. Today I am a very different person to the woman I was 14 months ago. She wasnt interested in sex, had little confidence was very alone and depressed.

Since then I have discovered my sexdrive, my kinks and am happier than I have been in a long time. My confidence has soared, I hated having my picture taken and had body confidence issues. As you can see from my current avi I am getting over all of those.

Dont give up on men, you are a strong and special person, somewhere out there is a man who is worthy of you

xGGx

smirnoff09 [sign in to see picture]

I have gone through 2 serious relationship breakdowns in the past 10 yrs...one ex husband and well one just ex...I went through a time of not wanting anything but my gorgeous girls but 2 and a half years ago I met an old friend and we clicked. He supported me through swine flu, a cancer scare and many up and downs with my familyand hang ups from the past and then we ddcided maybe we had something worthwhile...

Now I am the happiest I have been despite my health issues and can honestly say this all a me a a great surprise.

Iknow trhe time on my own gave methe time to know what I wanted in a relationship and gave me time to know who i was again.

smirnoff09 [sign in to see picture]

Wish you all the best Rosehip xx

It's great that things have worked out for all of you.

Avrielle, would you say then that my health problems and inability to foster a sense of love and commitment in others are 'meant to be'? And if so, why is it meant to be?

But I didn't say anything about my ability to love. That's fine. It's just not ever requited. Sometimes because the man doesn't want to take on my health problems. Sometimes for no known reason, just some variation of 'you can't help who you love'.

This isn't just a few flops, so I'm curious how the 'meant to be' and 'someone for everyone' thinkers here account for it.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Well, the obvious (and slightly twee) answer is that that's 'saving' you for when you meet the one you're meant to be with.

Personally, I've gone through some shit, but it has all changed me as a person. For instance, I was due to move here several years before I did, but changed my mind. Given social circles, there's every chance I'd have met the guy I'm with back then had I moved . Now, knowing what kind of person I was back then, I'd have been incapable of forming a healthy relationship with him then, even if he was in a place to be interested and try to make it work, which isn't guaranteed. I had to experience everything in between to make me become who I am, and thus make it possible for me to try to build a life with him. All those failed relationships, the breakdown, the long road to try to deal with my mental issues, getting pregnant to a guy I can't stand, the stupidity and frustration and loneliness and mistakes and self-loathing... I've had close on a ecade of 'bad', and it has all brought me here, to where I'm with a man I love, and who adores me, a beautiful girl who makes every day brighter, and I'm at peace with myself. If I hadn't gone through all those bad years, I don't know where I'd be now, but guaranteed, I would have missed the chances to have what I do.

If it works for you Avrielle, it works for you. I respect that.

It doesn't work for me, but why should it? My situation is different. Don't put yourself down though, you're great. :-)

cheer_up [sign in to see picture]

Have the good people at Baci ever met a size 14 woman? Because if they think the outfit I've been lusting after, and just received, fits a size 14, then they are absolutely definitely barking in the wrong sodding forest.

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

cheer_up wrote:

Have the good people at Baci ever met a size 14 woman? Because if they think the outfit I've been lusting after, and just received, fits a size 14, then they are absolutely definitely barking in the wrong sodding forest.

I like the baci stuff and i'm a size 14/16 and ive always been put off slightly as i heard they where small . on the plus d=side bommy said they will be bringing out a plus size range.

cheer_up [sign in to see picture]

I've got a couple of Baci items, and as long as you go for the floaty stuff it should be fine (a long as you write off the thongs from the start; horrid little scrappy things), but this was their schoolgirl outfit. I've wanted it for absolutely ages, I'm so disappointed it doesn't fit. I think their One Size bracket is just too big to be honest. Size 6 - 14 is just unrealistic.

Yay for plus size though!

[suspended user]

suspended user

Keyboard nastiness, I don't understand why people are mean on a keyboard? Especially, when the other parties are offering advice, so what if the number is wrong. There's a diplomatic way to approach matters.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.