• Things that confuse me...

mrs.soft [sign in to see picture]

but the money doesnt go to them it gos to their countrys fat cats look at the ammount of money africa recieve yearly trillions!! and what happens????? in the last 25 years the poor parts of africa havent changed unless someone (eg comic releif) go and build/make something for them!!!!

all our foreign aid is doing is helping fat cats

why not help out country our buisnesses that are forcing to close as they cant afford all the increases

it wont be long till alot of people here are living in squalor!!

ju [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

mrs.soft wrote:

1 thing that confuses the hell out of me is the goverment cutting spending on everything except foreign aid??

we paid countrys after they took them over to help it all go smoothly then reduce the ammout untill we pay nothing...............when will that be???????? 3012?????? FFS CUT FOREIGN AID!!!!!!!!!!

Well, seeing as we raped many of those countries long ago it seems we don't do enough in my opinion. If we didn't continue to financially exploit them we wouldn't need to continue funding them.

Personally, I'd also rather save someone's life even if they're still forced to live in squalor, rather than give me a 0.3p tax break off a bag of Wotsits (or equally trivial, in comparison, issue).

Poverty in the UK is nothing compared to poverty else where. So big deal- our local pool is closing, the nearest one'll be six miles away. people walk further than that for drinking water. One world. I read this a while back- it's kinda dramatic but it really hit a nerve with me. If you have to bribe a hundred fat-cats to improve one life- still worth doing.

http://hellopoetry.com/#!/poem/the-strains-of-mercy-1

WandA wrote:

mrs.soft wrote:

1 thing that confuses the hell out of me is the goverment cutting spending on everything except foreign aid??

we paid countrys after they took them over to help it all go smoothly then reduce the ammout untill we pay nothing...............when will that be???????? 3012?????? FFS CUT FOREIGN AID!!!!!!!!!!

Well, seeing as we raped many of those countries long ago it seems we don't do enough in my opinion. If we didn't continue to financially exploit them we wouldn't need to continue funding them.

Personally, I'd also rather save someone's life even if they're still forced to live in squalor, rather than give me a 0.3p tax break off a bag of Wotsits (or equally trivial, in comparison, issue).

Poverty in the UK is nothing compared to poverty else where. So big deal- our local pool is closing, the nearest one'll be six miles away. people walk further than that for drinking water. One world. I read this a while back- it's kinda dramatic but it really hit a nerve with me. If you have to bribe a hundred fat-cats to improve one life- still worth doing.

http://hellopoetry.com/#!/poem/the-strains-of-mercy-1

do you know what else confuses me? NO? My flippin' computer!!! bloody thing keeps on doin' that!!!!!!!!

do you know what else confuses me? NO? My flippin' computer!!! bloody thing keeps on doin' that!!!!!!!!

mrs.soft [sign in to see picture]

lol @ computer

WandA [sign in to see picture]

mrs.soft wrote:

but the money doesnt go to them it gos to their countrys fat cats look at the ammount of money africa recieve yearly trillions!! and what happens????? in the last 25 years the poor parts of africa havent changed unless someone (eg comic releif) go and build/make something for them!!!!

all our foreign aid is doing is helping fat cats

why not help out country our buisnesses that are forcing to close as they cant afford all the increases

it wont be long till alot of people here are living in squalor!!

With all due respect, rubbish on every point you made.

Some money is spent inappropriately, but that happens with any large part of money. In regards to the amount it is certainly not trillions, one trillion is 1,000 billion, one thousand billion! That would be about 1,000 of aid for every single African.

You can't just throw money at a problem, it must be spent wisely. Ask why we still need to give a continent containing diamonds, oil, gold etc... so much. Because various middlemen in the 'West' are busy ripping those off selling such precious resources or foreign companies already own anything of value over there and money is funnelled away.

It's silly to imply the squalor of Britain will even get near to that of places like Sub-Saharan Africa. £80 a week jobseekers doesn't sound a lot, even with a home, free libraries etc... but when it takes 3 months to earn £80 it should put things in some comparison.

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty wrote:

When the hell will I be promoted to Field Marshall.

I've been stuck on General foreverrrrrrrr and would like to know what a girls gotta do to get a promotion round here.

I've heard sleeping your way to the top works but not really my style

I'M A FIELD MARSHALL! Whoop whoop lol

*jumps up and down* (but not too much in case mooncup moves!)

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

I've been stuck on General foreverrrrrrrr and would like to know what a girls gotta do to get a promotion round here.

So who did you sleep with......

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

So who did you sleep with......

How dare you insinuate.......

Oh OK it was ??????????

Why 'medium' bread exists.

It's thin really, we all know it but who actually prefers this stuff and doesn't only buy it when the good stuff is gone?

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Why 'medium' bread exists.

It's thin really, we all know it but who actually prefers this stuff and doesn't only buy it when the good stuff is gone?

I buy it, thick sliced dosen't fit into my cheapo toaster.

but then again I only buy the value stuff cause i can't eat a loaf before it goes off and i have no freezer room.

Thing that confused me

why is there trolley service on train journeys that are short, yet you can go across the country with no service or buffet cart!, I got on the train the other day with the man with the trolley and the terminating station was 20 mins away. When i go home i spend 4 hours on a train and theres no trolley service, or even a toilet!

glitter&gold [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!

sealady [sign in to see picture]

Not a very pc subject but Men confuse me!

How come you can spend 5 months with a guy, He says your more than a friend with benefits, make plans for a weekend away in future and then suddenly don't hear from him. Goes into his man cave but hangs on a dating sites????

What confuses me is why my university expects me to dress like a pimp to graduate.

Funny hat, pink, fur... (cane must be optional).

The thing that confuses me....

Why I am feeling what I am feeling, when I shouldn't be feeling these feelings ugh!

Has been a relatively good day but not feeling well all day and being overly tired has made me down this evening.

Ever wished there was a totally impartial person who couldn't possibly judge you to just give you some advice. Like, they couldn't even go away after their conversation with you and think "headcase" so you wouldn't have to worry about what they thought about you.....

Think I need the weekend. Thinking of doing something nice for myself tomorrow. Will probably come back to bite me in the arse but never mind. Can't f*cking win anyway...... well I can......

God, do I sound drunk?!

Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty wrote:

The thing that confuses me....

Why I am feeling what I am feeling, when I shouldn't be feeling these feelings ugh!

Has been a relatively good day but not feeling well all day and being overly tired has made me down this evening.

Ever wished there was a totally impartial person who couldn't possibly judge you to just give you some advice. Like, they couldn't even go away after their conversation with you and think "headcase" so you wouldn't have to worry about what they thought about you.....

Think I need the weekend. Thinking of doing something nice for myself tomorrow. Will probably come back to bite me in the arse but never mind. Can't f*cking win anyway...... well I can......

God, do I sound drunk?!

No I don't think you sound drunk just over tired hun! Hope you get to do something nice for yourself, everyone deserves a me day

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

*Hugs* for LK! I hope you're ok sweet :)

Adxxx

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty wrote:

Ever wished there was a totally impartial person who couldn't possibly judge you to just give you some advice.

If you want to chat, I can do advice. It may not be good advice, but still..

Promise I'll be impartial. Even if you are a headcase.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

*Hugs* for LK! I hope you're ok sweet :)

Adxxx

Mr Monster wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

Ever wished there was a totally impartial person who couldn't possibly judge you to just give you some advice.

If you want to chat, I can do advice. It may not be good advice, but still..

Promise I'll be impartial. Even if you are a headcase.

Aww, thanks guys. Thursday was not a good evening....

Think I'm feeling happier again at the minute, but good to know the offer is there Mr M - even if you're not sure you'll be giving out good advice lol

And thanks for the hug Ad x

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.