• Things that confuse me...

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

sweetlove666 wrote:

why someone at uni who has no clue insitsts that theres x,y and Z wrong with me ( there isn't) and that it can all be blamed on the fact that i drank coffee from a young age.

Probably because he or she has x,y and z wrong with them and wants to feel better about themselves by putting someone else down. That or they've been reading the Daily Fail and have been poisoned by all the nonsense therein. Either way I wouldn't take it to heart, you know you're awesome and so do the people who matter

xxKPxx

Doug [sign in to see picture]

i get very confused sometimes at how there are people in the uk who still belive that the earth is 4000 years old and we all just popped into existance, and try to support their argument with "How can something like the human eye not be created because it works so perfectly?"

(met a steet preacher today who was effing mental)

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

why someone at uni who has no clue insitsts that theres x,y and Z wrong with me ( there isn't) and that it can all be blamed on the fact that i drank coffee from a young age.

Probably because he or she has x,y and z wrong with them and wants to feel better about themselves by putting someone else down. That or they've been reading the Daily Fail and have been poisoned by all the nonsense therein. Either way I wouldn't take it to heart, you know you're awesome and so do the people who matter

xxKPxx

theyre also a member of the jesus christ of latter day saints ( Mormons) which could explain the anti caffine agenda, although they drink cola and eat chocolate :S

It just confuses me that someone could swallow unscientific evidence on these kinds of things. no caffine didn't stunt my growth, being a shortarse is gentetic! yes most 5 year olds don't enjoy milky coffee but drink a load of fizzy pop.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Doug wrote:

i get very confused sometimes at how there are people in the uk who still belive that the earth is 4000 years old and we all just popped into existance, and try to support their argument with "How can something like the human eye not be created because it works so perfectly?"

Urgh. They're always as smug as fuck too because they're 'in the know'. Last month we had two lots knock at our door with their rhetoric. Grrrr!

Doug [sign in to see picture]

i just love taking their views apart one bit at a time with logic and science

ju [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty wrote:

WandA wrote:

Has no one else noticed the Confused.com advert where the woman pulls the mic stand out of her vadge?

Now it's a bouquet of blue flowers!

Christ - she must be HUGE!

Took me a while to get round to having a look - BUT sooooooo funny. AND a CAR!!! Good job these ads weren't around b4 Gillian Mckieth went into the jungle.

(sorry, i can't spell- and checkers don't do names)

Jamba [sign in to see picture]

ju wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

WandA wrote:

Has no one else noticed the Confused.com advert where the woman pulls the mic stand out of her vadge?

Took me a while to get round to having a look - BUT sooooooo funny. AND a CAR!!! Good job these ads weren't around b4 Gillian Mckieth went into the jungle.

(sorry, i can't spell- and checkers don't do names)

The newest one is insane! Her boobs are flying all over the place!

healerwhore [sign in to see picture]

Doug wrote:

Amen to that. These people seem to avoid me these days, I kinda wonder if they know about me. I do have a habit of doing the same as you though. Or playing along with them until you get to something totally ridiculous and back-tracking their entire belief system until their world is in tatters. My nickname is "evil" for a reason tho...

SKIP IT, it's BORING........

I won't knock others' belief systems without good cause or provokation BUT as an atheist- I do wish others wouln't knock mine (maybe this belongs on the rant thread....)

It's the wording that confuses me:

"so, you don't believe in God?" confirms His existance, tells me I'm ignorant-

"I believe there is no God" is much more to my liking :)

I've been described a being "without faith" and that's not exactly true ether. I have faith in stuff, just nothing supernatural. I won't bore you with it- but boy, i enjoyed that little rant!!

......told you!

I'm pretty similar Ju to be honest, and to be fair that last post of mine did make it sound like I go around shouting down god-botherers, which I don't generally. I only tend to get like that when preached at, and even then I'm not as bad as I was when I was an impudent teenager who thought he was right all the time. Ok, so I still think I'm right all the time but I try not to gloat about it so much...

Oh, and I have a very religious creationist friend who I love to wind up and have nonesensical arguements with from time to time. It's great fun, and he's a ( slightly odd in my perspective but ) great guy.

roaminghands [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty wrote:

WandA wrote:

HA! I just saw a new one and she seemed to pull out a phone from up there? Or some other device that lights up. Maybe it vibrates....

Mr Boob wrote:

I'm pretty similar Ju to be honest, and to be fair that last post of mine did make it sound like I go around shouting down god-botherers, which I don't generally.................................

I didn't think you were a god-botherer-shouter-downererER (?????? i confuse myself at times....) it's just that to 'dis' a faith is seen to be so nasty, wrong etc- but for a believer to 'dis' an atheist's disbelief- is OK. I have a friend who is heartbroken that I will NOT hear her "truth" and i feel real bad for her, she really does think i will burn in hell if i don't listen. since this is what she really believes- then, i guess- it's what i'd expect her to do as my friend. all very confusing. So as much as i want my faith respected etc- in order to respect her's- I have to allow that intrusion. she's lovely tho- never lets up in her mission to save my soul!

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Think that's maybe it though: they genuinely feel bad if they don't do everything in their power to convince you (some even believe they too will go to hell for "spiritual apathy" if they don't try everything short of physical torture to get you to listen!), whereas atheists at worst think religious types are wasting their time and energy, and thus don't feel bad about letting them bimble about believeing whatever they like (exceptions when such beliefs result in folk shooting other folk in the face and so forth, obviously, but nutjob fanatics aside).

Still a bit of a pain that begrudging someone the right to chew your ear off about something you don't care a jot about is frowned upon, but at least there's some logic behind it.

BashfulBabe wrote:

.............whereas atheists at worst think religious types are wasting their time and energy, and thus don't feel bad about letting them bimble about believeing whatever.....

I actually have religion down as a dangerous thing. nothing against the individuals who believe- but as a whole- it teaches that we must look outside of ourselves for answers, that justice will be done elsewhere- later, we can't be good without rules and threats- and to always trust in given authority. dangerous on many levels* gonna have to leave it there tho- i could write a book Lol!! and many have. oddly enough they're often slammed for the forcefulness of their opinion, which is laughable really, when you see what it's up against.

*pope, condoms, HIV = just one.

The Midnight Hour [sign in to see picture]

What confuses me is how people who are extremely stupid have somehow managed to pass their driving test and yet if they can't follow any rules of the road or even know half of them

Thankfully Ju, my mate know's I'm happily going to hell. It's a happy arrangement I think .

Frustrated Housewife wrote:

What confuses me is how people who are extremely stupid have somehow managed to pass their driving test and yet if they can't follow any rules of the road or even know half of them

Baffles me, really does. I could go on for hours about eejits on the road, but I'm sure you lot know the kind of thing i ( and FH^ ) mean.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

ju wrote:

BashfulBabe wrote:

.............whereas atheists at worst think religious types are wasting their time and energy, and thus don't feel bad about letting them bimble about believeing whatever.....

I actually have religion down as a dangerous thing. nothing against the individuals who believe- but as a whole- it teaches that we must look outside of ourselves for answers, that justice will be done elsewhere- later, we can't be good without rules and threats- and to always trust in given authority. dangerous on many levels* gonna have to leave it there tho- i could write a book Lol!! and many have. oddly enough they're often slammed for the forcefulness of their opinion, which is laughable really, when you see what it's up against.

You'll certainly makes yourself popular in our house Ju!

Hear hear.

Adx

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

ju wrote:

BashfulBabe wrote:

Each to their own I say... I dont pass comment on religions as to be honest I do not know enough about anyone elses religion but my own (was my minor at university as you have to become Roman Catholic Approved to work in certain schools in Scotland)

WandA [sign in to see picture]

occhiverdi wrote:

Each to their own I say... I dont pass comment on religions as to be honest I do not know enough about anyone elses religion but my own (was my minor at university as you have to become Roman Catholic Approved to work in certain schools in Scotland)

Great isn't it? Nice to see we can all fund the indoctrination of children equally ey?

I hate faith schools.

*Says no more, has intentionally avoided this thread for a reason*

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

occhiverdi wrote:

Great isn't it? Nice to see we can all fund the indoctrination of children equally ey?

I hate faith schools.

*Says no more, has intentionally avoided this thread for a reason*

Its a huge issue in Glasgow.... Glad I am out of it to be honest but we're lightyears from sorting it out to be honest.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.