• Things that confuse me...

lookslikefun [sign in to see picture]

Phoenix79 wrote:

Danni Minogue thinking that her hair do was a good idea...

and she looked so good in a photo I saw on the plane today (in the Mail?) of her pre-make-up. Looked soooo much more attractive, not like an up and coming Anne Robinson replacement.

Phoenix79 [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Phoenix79 wrote:

I thought Aiden Grimshaw had become a judge...

lol!

Phoenix79 [sign in to see picture]

lookslikefun wrote:

Phoenix79 wrote:

and she looked so good in a photo I saw on the plane today (in the Mail?) of her pre-make-up. Looked soooo much more attractive, not like an up and coming Anne Robinson replacement.

i know,totally bizarre, she's quite attractive usually

sam [sign in to see picture]

cars confuse me. my car needs an mot and i have no idea what they said that needs to be done to it

Wicked Willy [sign in to see picture]

sam wrote:

cars confuse me. my car needs an mot and i have no idea what they said that needs to be done to it

They probably suggested a nice wad of money would make the problem disappear...

sam [sign in to see picture]

Wicked Willy wrote:

sam wrote:

They probably suggested a nice wad of money would make the problem disappear...

how did you guess lol,

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Well it annoys me more than anything: why do people feed other peoples cats?

What makes someone think they have the right to feed another persons cat that is obviously a pet? They arent helping anyone or anything, making problems worse and if the cat needed the vets, they wouldnt pay for it.

This is something that I feel very strongly about. We used to have a cat for 13 years, so he was really getting on. He had lived in the same house all his life. He used to follow us about a lot, like he would walk for like half a mile with us. We moved this year to a house thats a 10 minute walk away. He followed us there before we had got the furniture in, so we tried very hard to keep him in for 2 weeks. Something that isnt easy when he constantly has diarrhea and is an outdoor cat. We kept him in for 10 days before he ran out, he came back later that day for food but then went back to the old house. We moved him back 6 or 7 times but every single time the same. In the end we had to give up. It turns out our old neighbours who arent very nice are actually feeding him enough to keep him alive but not enough that he should have.

We lost our cat of 13 years because someone thought they were doing the right thing, they werent. They were making it worse. If, or when considering his age, he gets ill, they wont pay the vets bill, they wouldnt de-worm or de-flea him.

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

It is difficult to keep cats in for the min 2 weeks when you move so they become accustomed to where they are. A family friends cat disappears for months at a time because someone else feeds it. If a cat is starving fine but when it's blatantly a pet who is healthy, why do it?!

Wizzie86 wrote:

It is difficult to keep cats in for the min 2 weeks when you move so they become accustomed to where they are. A family friends cat disappears for months at a time because someone else feeds it. If a cat is starving fine but when it's blatantly a pet who is healthy, why do it?!

Exactly. Its been 8 to 9 months. He never came back here but we went to get him. In the end we just had to give up.

xxxxchelzsxxxx [sign in to see picture]

why i woke up feeling like i had been asleep on a rollercoaster!!

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Grumpy lecturers.

Doesn't want references because it's only a short piece and wants SPOT on 2,500 words. Perhaps I should request he stops spending the first 40mins of a lecture explaining the piss easy stuff and then not bothering to explain the harder stuff at all... Even though he ends the lecture 30mins early... Now I know why he's only a 'part time lecturer' anyway...

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Grumpy lecturers.

Doesn't want references because it's only a short piece and wants SPOT on 2,500 words. Perhaps I should request he stops spending the first 40mins of a lecture explaining the piss easy stuff and then not bothering to explain the harder stuff at all... Even though he ends the lecture 30mins early... Now I know why he's only a 'part time lecturer' anyway...

2,500 words isn't too short for references that's crazy! I usually go by 1 reference per 100 words. He sounds like a pillock! Have you got a proper complaints procedure? You're a paying customer after all

xxKPxx

KittyPurry wrote:

WandA wrote:

Grumpy lecturers.

2,500 words isn't too short for references that's crazy! I usually go by 1 reference per 100 words. He sounds like a pillock! Have you got a proper complaints procedure? You're a paying customer after all

xxKPxx

Well, I'll see what grade I get first.

I'm putting them in anyway, after all I've had all other lecturers beat it in to me the last 3 years... I don't mind not referencing some things, like that spacey humanities stuff() but when I throw in certain scientific examples I do need them referenced because some just sound made up!

suze9 [sign in to see picture]

How that after my dad putting in an official complaint to the window fitters ombusman the same guy that said a few months ago that the windows were perfectly fine now says that 7 out of 8 windows have 'issues' (including the one which they put in wrong and have already replaced as it was so bad) and the back door has major faults???

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

WandA wrote:

Grumpy lecturers.

xxKPxx

Our most recent essay was supposed to be 20-40 references for 2000-3000 words!

I mean I know philosophy is different to science (in that WandA's essay may be very more orientated to his interpretation of one philosophers book) but still, 2,500 words might be nothing but I don't know how you'd do it without :S

Things that confuse me.....why we have essay deadlines days before PhD application deadlines, yet 3 weeks off *before* the christmas break starts :S

Adx

missorgasm [sign in to see picture]

how i got a £140 monthly gas bill though this morning hen my "usage" in august was £55, so thats what i usually pay monthly.....iv been trying to get it down to £45 so iv been using much less........only to ring them, be told that my usage has gone up hugely, so i gave them as reading and guess what......my usuage is £50 now.........so.....how??? what was £140 based on??

missorgasm wrote:

how i got a £140 monthly gas bill though this morning hen my "usage" in august was £55, so thats what i usually pay monthly.....iv been trying to get it down to £45 so iv been using much less........only to ring them, be told that my usage has gone up hugely, so i gave them as reading and guess what......my usuage is £50 now.........so.....how??? what was £140 based on??

I would get them to explain exactly where the £140 comes from. If the cant figure it out then get them to send another, it may have been an error.

missorgasm wrote:

Magic and/or wishful thinking. It's how these companies operate.

missorgasm [sign in to see picture]

it was "estimated" well, in the words of lee evens- "i estimate i owe you f**k all"

they are stupid. iv lowered my payments according to my new usuage and im writing a letter of complaint as this is the 3rd time they've screwed up, once ending in me owing Npower £600 so i want that back, plus my debt with them wiped plus a hand written letter of apolagy i think :)

missorgasm wrote:

it was "estimated" well, in the words of lee evens- "i estimate i owe you f**k all"

they are stupid. iv lowered my payments according to my new usuage and im writing a letter of complaint as this is the 3rd time they've screwed up, once ending in me owing Npower £600 so i want that back, plus my debt with them wiped plus a hand written letter of apolagy i think :)

You can claim compensation for wasted time and effort if you have to spend an unreasonable amount of time fixing their cock ups.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.