• Things that confuse me...

WandA [sign in to see picture]

How on earth someone managed to fob someone off with potato skins as an actual dish.

Why after ordering a 'Plant a Tree for Life' package to do my bit for the world does it come in a box 138mm high when it is essentially a DVD in one of those 7mm slimline cases. A simple sleeve would have worked and also meant it could be posted through a letterbox instead of a box designed to hold nearly 20 of them.

Idiots.

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

Wine. I like Asti and Lambrusco i.e. sparkling sweet wines that more closely resemble lemonade than wine. Everything else is either unbareable or just ok! I can't taste or smell anything except alcohol in 99% of wines. I used to genuinely think people were making up all the things they said they could taste in it! Now I just figure it's an a aquired taste and I for one can't be bothered to aquire it!!! I'd much rather drink something that I can instantly like, without putting effort into understanding it!

xxKPxx

KittyPurry wrote:

Wine. I like Asti and Lambrusco i.e. sparkling sweet wines that more closely resemble lemonade than wine. Everything else is either unbareable or just ok! I can't taste or smell anything except alcohol in 99% of wines. I used to genuinely think people were making up all the things they said they could taste in it! Now I just figure it's an a aquired taste and I for one can't be bothered to aquire it!!! I'd much rather drink something that I can instantly like, without putting effort into understanding it!

xxKPxx

I'm like that with most alcohol. I never had to learn to like my food.

Confusing.. Vinyan or what ever the fuck I'm watching, millions of 'arty' shots and not one splash, utter shit so far.

bumble [sign in to see picture]

If a terminator is someone who kills, shouldn't an exterminator be the opposite?

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

no bumble, that would be someone who used to kill.

bumble wrote:

If a terminator is someone who kills, shouldn't an exterminator be the opposite?

Haha!

That is such a great point! I can't even find a differing definition of 'terminate' and 'exterminate'!

toycar69 wrote:

no bumble, that would be someone who used to kill.

WOuld that not be an ex-terminator? What about exexterminators or ex-exterminators?

Why do they call the smallest chocolate bars 'fun-size'? Its far more fun to have a big one!

bumble wrote:

Why do they call the smallest chocolate bars 'fun-size'? Its far more fun to have a big one!

But it results in less guilt which off sets the small choccy!

Kinkyfish [sign in to see picture]

bumble wrote:

appently it doesnt just apply to chocolate bars!!!!!!!!

WandA wrote:

bumble wrote:

Haha!

That is such a great point! I can't even find a differing definition of 'terminate' and 'exterminate'!

Its the same with 'flammable' and 'inflammable'.

bumble wrote:

WandA wrote:

bumble wrote:

Haha!

Its the same with 'flammable' and 'inflammable'.

You're on fire with these bumble!

—Usage note
    Inflammable and flammable both mean “combustible.” Inflammable is the older by about 200 years. Flammable now has certain technical uses, particularly as a warning on vehicles carrying combustible materials, because of a belief that some might interpret the intensive prefix in- of inflammable as a negative prefix and thus think the word means “noncombustible.” Inflammable is the word more usually used in nontechnical and figurative contexts: The speaker ignited the inflammable emotions of the crowd.

Thats what i mean, the prefix in both words makes it sound like a negative of the original word, but it actually still means the exact same thing. What a very confusing language

bumble wrote:

Thats what i mean, the prefix in both words makes it sound like a negative of the original word, but it actually still means the exact same thing. What a very confusing language

I might invent my own langauage...

WandA wrote:

bumble wrote:

Will you spell it like that too....

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

I think flammable and inflamable are stupid because the prefix -in does imply "not" e.g. incompatible, incoherent.

The prefix "ex" though doesn't realy imply "not" or opposite so I don't find terminate vs exterminate as daft. I tend to think of exterminate as meaning "to kill an entire group" and terminate as meaning "to end."

xxKPxx

bumble wrote:

WandA wrote:

bumble wrote:

Flubbily dubbly hoo ha seeps! Humpf!

KittyPurry wrote:

I think flammable and inflamable are stupid because the prefix -in does imply "not" e.g. incompatible, incoherent.

The prefix "ex" though doesn't realy imply "not" or opposite so I don't find terminate vs exterminate as daft. I tend to think of exterminate as meaning "to kill an entire group" and terminate as meaning "to end."

xxKPxx

How about in ex-partner!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

bumble wrote:

WandA wrote:

bumble wrote:

Ha!

Adx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.