• Things that confuse me...

DrtyBoy [sign in to see picture]

Sales.

Things are never really on sale, stores just raise the "original" price and then slash those by half price to give the customer a feeling that a bargain is being had.

Doug [sign in to see picture]

DrtyBoy wrote:

Sales.

Things are never really on sale, stores just raise the "original" price and then slash those by half price to give the customer a feeling that a bargain is being had.

clever marketing, also they create the sense that if you don't buy now, you wont get the chance to later, so almost forces you to buy something that you then relise you don't need.

yup - and you end up with a house or room full of crap you never really needed or wanted but at the time didnt think you could live without.

or your clever, find something you like, then wait for the sales :) and then ask what extras can be thrown in, although this only really works if said item is over £100, but managed to get a free TV stand with the tv just by asking, admitidly in a few shops and going back saying teh other shop is doing this, what can you do.

Westen style haggling

i like it....i am looking to buy a new TV myself and want to do that. Find the TV you want at the best price online and then walk into the high street shops and watch them bend over backwards to get your business (espescially for a £2000 telly!)

littlepixi [sign in to see picture]

why is the old woman calling Jeremy Kyle Germany Kyle :S. xxx

why am i watching Jeremy Kyle when ive got to be getting ready to go out. damn tv! xxx

i wish i could watch that (does it stream online?!)

littlepixi wrote:

why am i watching Jeremy Kyle when ive got to be getting ready to go out. damn tv! xxx

beacuse its really funny?

ill take that! haha aww crazy old lady did you watch it? xxx

nah, watched it a few times and though ok this is funny but the people on it are really dense

the denser the funnier! Its the Jerry Springer crash TV formula and it works!

this has to be the funniest jerry springer ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCIU0tPun9c

love the Austin POwers bits with JS in it too!

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Why some tit invented spoilers at the beginning of a programme.

Dragon's Den for instance, if it starts with Theo shouting you are the worst liar I have ever seen and then you pan to the inventors face then it sort of spoils the ending does it? To make it even worse when it comes to that point in the programme proper the voiceover plays everything down! "David appears to have angered the Dragons but can he still get investment", well no, because we already fucking know he makes them angrier! Knobs.

WandA wrote:

Dragon's Den for instance, if it starts with Theo shouting you are the worst liar I have ever seen and then you pan to the inventors face then it sort of spoils the ending does it? To make it even worse when it comes to that point in the programme proper the voiceover plays everything down! "David appears to have angered the Dragons but can he still get investment", well no, because we already fucking know he makes them angrier! Knobs.

"rant"

Doug wrote:

WandA wrote:

"rant"

Yes. Entirely justified though.

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Doug wrote:

WandA wrote:

"rant"

Yes. Entirely justified though.

YES!!! And BBC two parters where they show you what happens in the next episode right after the first one finishes!!! Waking the Dead got ruined for me thanks to that...the first episode was all mysterious and you didn't know who was behind it all or why and the add came on during the credits and you saw EVERYTHING - who, what and why! RUBBISH!

xxKPxx

KittyPurry wrote:

YES!!! And BBC two parters where they show you what happens in the next episode right after the first one finishes!!! Waking the Dead got ruined for me thanks to that...the first episode was all mysterious and you didn't know who was behind it all or why and the add came on during the credits and you saw EVERYTHING - who, what and why! RUBBISH!

xxKPxx

True! That's when you scramble for the remote shouting "LA LA LA LAH" and looking down lots.

Tools.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

xxKPxx

True! That's when you scramble for the remote shouting "LA LA LA LAH" and looking down lots.

Tools.

Even worse is Sky "information"...."such and such is suspected of murder but really it's a mysterious Scottish man" well thank you very much Sky - ever think that the misleading of one person being suspected is a clever part of the story. Grr.

Adx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.