• Things that confuse me...

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Rowan wrote:

*goes to look up Magaluf*

All you need to know is it's nicknamed 'ShagaScruff'....

I don't like killing living things, nor dead things either for that matter just let the zombies live in peace, but some of the fuckers really test your patience don't they by insisting on never going out the windows!?

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

My windows are whimsical anyway. 2 of them don't close even when I want them to, so whatever I do can't keep 'em out and only those with above average navigation can find the way out again!! I treid the nice approach, sometimes still works, more or less gave up once they started drowning in my sink, landing on the food packets, getting dust everywhere and scaring the living daylights out of me in the middle of the night!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Rowan wrote:

*goes to look up Magaluf*

All you need to know is it's nicknamed 'ShagaScruff'....

I don't like killing living things, nor dead things either for that matter just let the zombies live in peace, but some of the fuckers really test your patience don't they by insisting on never going out the windows!?

Unless they are craneflies - which are evil!

Adx

Why I have a drink that contains X calories in 'Each 200ml portion'... Yet is in a 440ml bottle.

Are you supposed to take a shot of milkshake at the end of your two portions or is it a cunning way of pretending it is healthier than it is?

Price comparison websites that DO NOT organise automatically by F'ing price!!!

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Why I have a drink that contains X calories in 'Each 200ml portion'... Yet is in a 440ml bottle.

Are you supposed to take a shot of milkshake at the end of your two portions or is it a cunning way of pretending it is healthier than it is?

I think you nailed it on the head with that last point. It's even more confusing when it's printed on a bag of crisps because who on earth actually eats half a bag of crisps? oO

Muz333 wrote:

WandA wrote:

I think you nailed it on the head with that last point. It's even more confusing when it's printed on a bag of crisps because who on earth actually eats half a bag of crisps? oO

I do hate made up portions! 1 Coke is 250ml on a bottle but 330ml on the can... so that leads me on to my next confusion.

1. What exactly is the point in those stupid 150ml cans of soft drink?

2. Why are said cans just as expensive as the real ones?

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

That drives me nuts! I can buy a 2l bottle for £1.59, or a 500ml one for £1.49. Seriously, do they charge by the cap? Cause if so, I vote we go back to corking everything.

Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]

BashfulBabe wrote:

That drives me nuts! I can buy a 2l bottle for £1.59, or a 500ml one for £1.49. Seriously, do they charge by the cap? Cause if so, I vote we go back to corking everything.

Not with lucozade! Multipack of small bottles is better value than a bit one - crazy!!

YesChef [sign in to see picture]

2. Why are said cans just as expensive as the real ones?

Maybe to appeal to people who only buy soft drinks as mixers, and only use 150ml at a time?

The second question - no idea. Shop prices usually bear little relation to the actual cost of manufacturing/distribution - but for soft drinks the cost of the contents is virtually nil anyway, the majority of the price is probably the can manufacturing, marketing, distribution and retail shelf space.

I'm endlessly amused by multisave failures (85p each or 2 for £2!), and customers' failures to actually work out what's the best value (picking up a 6pack of yoghurts for £3 when the single pots are on 5 for £1).

If it's any consolation to other posters, these things don't just confuse you, they confuse the retailers too. A couple of years ago Tesco changed their policy from "If we get the price wrong, it's free" to "If we get the price wrong, we'll refund twice the difference". Sounds a bit stingier, but actually works very well if the price they should have charged is less than half the price they actually charged. One of the greatest moments of my life was walking out of Tesco with a bag full of tubs of blueberries, about £12 richer than when I'd gone in - happy days. Still got a freezer full of blueberries, mind you...

Oooo I do love a wrongly priced item in a super market... I only enjoyed about 5 Gillette Razors for a pound each!

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

It's either:

1. so guys with little willies can take photos of their bits measured against them!

2. so you can pretend to be a giant while drinking it. It works the same way as drinking a beer out of a mint glass shaped half pint glass. Saying "fee, fie, foe" etc is optional.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Why summer holidays in the UK start at the end of july?
    For most of august its crap weather until september when you go back to school. Why is that?

I remember one summer when it rained literally EVERY day! It was so boring!

toycar69 wrote:

WandA wrote:

It's either:

1. so guys with little willies can take photos of their bits measured against them!

2. so you can pretend to be a giant while drinking it. It works the same way as drinking a beer out of a mint glass shaped half pint glass. Saying "fee, fie, foe" etc is optional.

And giants are obviously rich and therefore have more money, explaining point 2!

Why Google maps won't point out the nearest actual shop but lists a F'king reflexologist and discount furniture store!

At least I found a pub...

the_24th_moment [sign in to see picture]

If one is about to have sex or indulge in some BDSM, why do some people leave their socks on?

If you are about to fuck somebody's brains out or about to have your bollocks kicked by a nice Dominatrix, why leave your socks on for Christ sake!?

Hardly to maintain your dignity! Take them off!

the_24th_moment wrote:

If one is about to have sex or indulge in some BDSM, why do some people leave their socks on?

If you are about to fuck somebody's brains out or about to have your bollocks kicked by a nice Dominatrix, why leave your socks on for Christ sake!?

Don't go together in my big book definitions (a dictionary as you might call it).

telemachus [sign in to see picture]

When does Mario ever get time to do any plumbing?

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

the_24th_moment wrote:

Maybe precisely because it's UN-dignified. A lot of people get off on humiliation and a man in nothing but socks can look a bit silly

xxKPxx

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

Cold feet feel horrible

Why my chillis were happy and well until they actually grew chillis :(

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.