• Things that confuse me...

WandA [sign in to see picture]

I don't think the water evaporates significantly in jelly. You do put it in the fridge so it cools quickly anyway.

I think it will be to allow a chemical reaction or some such...

Ah!:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/602976

littlepixi [sign in to see picture]

why have there been so many power cuts in my area in the last 2 hours?!?! whats going on!. xxx

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Why light makes me sneeze.

It may be a reflex to stop you staring into something that could potentially damage your eyes. Just a theory of course.

littlepixi wrote:

why have there been so many power cuts in my area in the last 2 hours?!?! whats going on!. xxx

By any chance are you trying to use a super high powered mains vibrator atm?

ooooh if only!! . but then i would be a little happier about it. xxx

Nexas wrote:

Why when I'm busy I have 9 people texting me non-stop but when I'm bored no-one replies to texts!

What annoys me is when people text me but then take AGES to reply to my reply. I mean surely if they just sent me a text they must still have their phone readily available.

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

In regards to AdnaW saying about putting jelly in the fridge to set, which I do by the way. I had to go to Bentham in Lanacster to do some fire testing at a facility there and. . . . Got talking to the folks there, all locals, about food of course. I always use cooking as anologies to explain technical stuff in my line of work so people can understand better how things work! So they were amazed that I put my jelly in the fridge to set! They just leave theirs on the side in the kitchen. They were like "that's dead wierd! Jelly in't t' fridge? Never heard of it!" which I in turn thought was wierd that they'd never heard of it! Nowt odd like folk!

Fr33b1rd [sign in to see picture]

I thought everyone put their jelly in the 'fridge SG. How weird that they didn't!!

Fr33b1rd wrote:

I thought everyone put their jelly in the 'fridge SG. How weird that they didn't!!

It's those backward places in the Lancs... They have those pantry things instead of fridges, bloody Northerners.

Muz333 wrote:

littlepixi wrote:

By any chance are you trying to use a super high powered mains vibrator atm?

*chuckle*

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

In regards to AdnaW saying about putting jelly in the fridge to set, which I do by the way. I had to go to Bentham in Lanacster to do some fire testing at a facility there and. . . . Got talking to the folks there, all locals, about food of course. I always use cooking as anologies to explain technical stuff in my line of work so people can understand better how things work! So they were amazed that I put my jelly in the fridge to set! They just leave theirs on the side in the kitchen. They were like "that's dead wierd! Jelly in't t' fridge? Never heard of it!" which I in turn thought was wierd that they'd never heard of it! Nowt odd like folk!

But jelly goes in the fridge - how else would you make it cold? Jelly is weird at room temperature.

Bizarre!

Adx

Why Katy Perry does not seem to know that 'popsicles' will melt at room temperature anyway...

WandA wrote:

Why Katy Perry does not seem to know that 'popsicles' will melt at room temperature anyway?

ahaha! that rather tickled me!

i dont understand why adverts on the telly are usually 20x louder than the actual program im watching really anoys me! xxx

littlepixi wrote:

WandA wrote:

Why Katy Perry does not seem to know that 'popsicles' will melt at room temperature anyway?

ahaha! that rather tickled me!

It annoys me... All she is effectively saying is the temperature here is somewhere between cold and really hot... but it's certainly not really cold. I may need a bikini or perhaps a woolly jumper but I will not need mittens or earmuffs.

You'd think who ever writes this stuff would be a bit more specific.

littlepixi wrote:

i dont understand why adverts on the telly are usually 20x louder than the actual program im watching really anoys me! xxx

So you hear the message. Is bloody annoying but those marketing types like to shout stuff at you and hope you remember it...

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Why does jelly set quicker when made with hot water rather than cold?

It's because hot water cools quicker than cold water - you'll also find that hot water forms ice quicker. It's because hot water is less dense than cold water and therefore has less mass so cools faster.

I really want a geek icon...

CurlyCoupleWife wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Why does jelly set quicker when made with hot water rather than cold?

It's because hot water cools quicker than cold water - you'll also find that hot water forms ice quicker. It's because hot water is less dense than cold water and therefore has less mass so cools faster.

I really want a geek icon...

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/602976

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

I love the question at the bottom of that page:

"A guy asked me if I wanted to buy some mushrooms for $100 each. He told me thay were "magic". Does he really expect me to believe that?"

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

In addition to the perviously mentioned abomination that is leggins some things that confuse me are:

- All the fuss about Twilight

- Why anyone voted conservative?

- Why cheese slices aren't the size of bread

xxKPxx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.