• Things that confuse me...

WandA [sign in to see picture]

I was just confused by the big explosions happening! Thought the Welsh had invaded!

Turns out it was the Queen Vic setting sail!

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

TrinityDvine wrote:

Did you know if you lived in Chester you still have the right to shoot a Welshman on sight providing you use a bow and arrow

Its one of the laws this new government wants to repeal

how do you single out a welshman by sight alone?! (Welsh rugby shirt would be a giveaway granted)

Bread of heaven, bread of heaven...

much love to all the Welsh lovelies

CCW x

Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]

Yeah thanks ppl..... I happen to love being welsh *sulks in dark corner on her own*

TrinityDvine wrote:

Did you know if you lived in Chester you still have the right to shoot a Welshman on sight providing you use a bow and arrow

Its one of the laws this new government wants to repeal

Sorry to spoil another urban myth....

But it's not strictly true from what I know. From what I've heard it was illegal for a Welshman to enter the city walls before sunrise or after sunset under penalty of death but apparently the crossbow addition was embellishment.

It is illegal though in Bahrain for a male doctor to look directly at a women's genitals... He must use a mirror. Good to know...

Malteser81 wrote:

Yeah thanks ppl..... I happen to love being welsh *sulks in dark corner on her own*

I would never shoot you Malt! Nor behead you for partying in Chester!

Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Malteser81 wrote:

I would never shoot you Malt! Nor behead you for partying in Chester!

Why thank you very much, I now will feel safer at night lol

Malteser81 wrote:

I'm sorry - I got carried away - I love the Welsh!

I give you full permission to mock me for being from Oxfordshire - 886th horniest place in the uk apparently :o(

After 'research' it's also claimed you can shoot Scots in York with a bow and arrow...

Combined with the Chester/Welsh one they both sound awfully urban mythy.

Why TV chefs are predominately male but women have traditionally been seen as the main person who cooks in the home?

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

missorgasm wrote:

i no, but surely they could have given me a little ring?? i have issues with the bank, they sent 3years worth of bank statements AND a new debit card and pin out to the wrong address with all my details on, but then when im overdrawn, the bank charge letter turn up at the right address, funny that

Ugh, that's pants! Had trouble with a bank when I was in Ireland, they would take at least six months to update my address, and for the student credit card, refused to send the statements to my address and sent them to my mother's despite me needing the attached giro to make any payments, and having no contact with my mother, and me telling them this about forty times (but they could send the "your payment's late" notice to me, just wouldn't allow me to actually pay). Also took three years and a letter from the ombudsman for them to give me an account statement for a plain old current account, and another year for them to actually cancel the credit card. Utter morons.

Have to agree with the overpriced kids clothes thing, and the ID thing. I used to get served everywhere from the age of 12, but was carded three days after turnign 18. Ironically, I couldn't then prove my ID, because at the time you had an underage card that you handed in on or after your 18th birthday to get the adult version, and there was a six wek delay where you had no ID whatsoever. Think they changed the system now to let you apply before your birthday, because that was mental.

BashfulBabe wrote:

Have to agree with the overpriced kids clothes thing, and the ID thing. I used to get served everywhere from the age of 12, but was carded three days after turnign 18. Ironically, I couldn't then prove my ID, because at the time you had an underage card that you handed in on or after your 18th birthday to get the adult version, and there was a six wek delay where you had no ID whatsoever. Think they changed the system now to let you apply before your birthday, because that was mental.

Talking of IDs... Why mate mate almost got knocked back from a club with an out of date passport.

He got in when I politely pointed out, after he agreed he looked the same, that no matter how old a passport is his date of birth remains the same... Idiots.

Starlight* [sign in to see picture]

Why orange always charge me £1-6 over my £30 contract every month, even though I never use the internet on it, I never video call, and I never go over my minutes... x

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

It is illegal though in Bahrain for a male doctor to look directly at a women's genitals... He must use a mirror. Good to know...

Amazing!

We need a thread called "Did You Know?" - all posts must be verified (is it Snopes who checks urba legends?)

Star* I hope you feel better soon!!

WandA wrote:

Why TV chefs are predominately male but women have traditionally been seen as the main person who cooks in the home?

This has ALWAYS baffled me - I've only ever worked with male chefs, my dad does all the cooking in our house and you always cook for me - I know of no decent female cooks (at the minute) and yet all the stereotypes say women should do it?!

Confusing!

Oh and some places really are stupidly picky about ID WandA!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

WandA wrote:

Amazing!

We need a thread called "Did You Know?" - all posts must be verified (is it Snopes who checks urba legends?)

Star* I hope you feel better soon!!

WandA wrote:

This has ALWAYS baffled me - I've only ever worked with male chefs, my dad does all the cooking in our house and you always cook for me - I know of no decent female cooks (at the minute) and yet all the stereotypes say women should do it?!

Confusing!

Oh and some places really are stupidly picky about ID WandA!

Adx

That is a fabulous fact WandA- I wasted many important days searching for random facts when I should have been revising for my exams..

And thanks A x

Alicia D'amore wrote:

No need to bother with that thread... I'm like a knock off myth buster, I verify anything that sounds slightly suspicious. Why do you think I'm always right?

Why my facial hair insists on only growing in the shaded bits... Below my nose and under my chin...

Why my internet decided to log me off after I've just written a mammoth review of a product I've just bought! Gutted! x

Starlight* wrote:

Why my internet decided to log me off after I've just written a mammoth review of a product I've just bought! Gutted! x

Can you not just go back the page before you closed it? Sometimes it sticks around...

If not you've just learnt the importance of notepad!

WandA wrote:

Starlight* wrote:

Can you not just go back the page before you closed it? Sometimes it sticks around...

If not you've just learnt the importance of notepad!

No it's just disappeared. I'm gutted- technology hates me.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.