• Things that confuse me...

Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]

Fr33b1rd wrote:

Malteser81 wrote:

Fr33b1rd wrote:

In fairness weight watchers didn't work for me, but neither did will power alone. I managed quite happily to give up a 30 cigarette a day habit on will power alone but couldn't conquer my food problems. This year I joined tesco diets online (no silly meeting just tracking your own progress) and I've lost 50lbs and nearly 3 dress sizes so far. Still got a long way to go but I was abig girl.

Wow thats amazing hun....... 3 years ago I lost about 50lb too but with a failed marriage l8r and a whole heap of other problems I put 2 1/2 st of that bk on. So far ive lost 6 1/2lb in 2 weeks and I did baking today and my will power just caved in =(.

Thanks malt I feel like I'm getting there still got masses to lose but for the first time I think it's manageable. I'm sure you'll get there too, you've done it before you can do it again.

Thanks hun and I do hope so...... damn it helps being such a negative person =S lol

Fr33b1rd [sign in to see picture]

I'm sure AdnaA has described you with wide shoulders and narrow hips, not like any hippo I've seen

Thaanks for the well done, I've earned it!! lol

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Fr33b1rd wrote:

I'm sure AdnaA has described you with wide shoulders and narrow hips, not like any hippo I've seen

Thaanks for the well done, I've earned it!! lol

No such thing as perfection sweetie. We are lucky that we don't have any major food addictions (apart from curry and pizza) so we neither find it too difficult to follow a healthy eating plan but we do have systems that work for us.

Congratulations on the weight loss *you* have certainly earned it!

Adx

WandA wrote:

Just trying to save you money!

I've just re-read 'It's totally worth £14 in my mind", I took it as, 'it's not worth 14 but I pretend it is.

Well done on the loss anyway!

Images of my self have not been revealed, I may look like the back end of a hippo!

Grrrr, I feel really awkward saying this WandA as ure such a great guy and so funny just that it really isnt easy for so many people to loose weight and so much of it, for me, is psycological. Weight Watchers (for some reason) is the only thing that has ever worked, I myself just dont have the confidance to do it off my own bk and yes if humiliating myself with a bunch of other people who are doing the same thing works then i'll do it. I just cant help but feel that what u said was mocking. So sorry if I sound mean, I dont mean to =(

Starlight* [sign in to see picture]

I'm confused as to why my Dad has such a horrible temper

Starlight* wrote:

My dad is exactly the same but he's mellowed with age! You used to be able to hear our shouting matches from the end of the street :P

Adx

AdnaW wrote:

Starlight* wrote:

My dad is exactly the same but he's mellowed with age! You used to be able to hear our shouting matches from the end of the street :P

Adx

My dad has got worse with age though- that's the problem! I know my mum can't take it much longer and it's driving me mad living here x

Starlight* wrote:

AdnaW wrote:

Starlight* wrote:

Adx

My dad has got worse with age though- that's the problem! I know my mum can't take it much longer and it's driving me mad living here x

You always know where I am if you need a chat/somewhere to stay for a night to get some space :)

Adx

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Malteser81 wrote:

WandA wrote:

I've just re-read 'It's totally worth £14 in my mind", I took it as, 'it's not worth 14 but I pretend it is.

Images of my self have not been revealed, I may look like the back end of a hippo!

Grrrr, I feel really awkward saying this WandA as ure such a great guy and so funny just that it really isnt easy for so many people to loose weight and so much of it, for me, is psycological. Weight Watchers (for some reason) is the only thing that has ever worked, I myself just dont have the confidance to do it off my own bk and yes if humiliating myself with a bunch of other people who are doing the same thing works then i'll do it. I just cant help but feel that what u said was mocking. So sorry if I sound mean, I dont mean to =(

The bit in bold was how I misinterpreted FB's comment, I thought she was being sarcastic.

Don't feel awkward! I think it's vital people express their opinions if they have valuable points to share.

I'm sorry if it sounding mocking, it was aimed at WW not the people who go. I think WW and similar groups exploit people and prey on their insecurities by luring them in with the promise of sorting out a major confidence problem only to slightly butter people up for a few hours. Combined with guilt and embarrassment I don't think it's the correct attitude to install in people when some people find so difficult.

I think getting the correct info and making a pact with a friend is much better. The correct info can be food advice, sizing of food, exercise regimes. I do know how useful it is having someone to prompt you on but I don't think WW go about it right.

As I mentioned slightly, it also takes the issue away from the individual and it becomes a group problem. It's not, and it's not fair to pretend to people it is. I know it is not the same but Alcoholics Anonymous comes in for some stick about that. It doesn't help to diminish people's responsibility about a topic that only concerns them, i.e. their weight.

Once again I'm sorry if it sounded like I was ridiculing the people who go, I really wasn't, any attempt to improve your health should really be commended.

AdnaW wrote:

Starlight* wrote:

AdnaW wrote:

Starlight* wrote:

Adx

You always know where I am if you need a chat/somewhere to stay for a night to get some space :)

Adx

I will take you up on that!

WandA wrote:

Malteser81 wrote:

WandA wrote:

The bit in bold was how I misinterpreted FB's comment, I thought she was being sarcastic.

Don't feel awkward! I think it's vital people express their opinions if they have valuable points to share.

I'm sorry if it sounding mocking, it was aimed at WW not the people who go. I think WW and similar groups exploit people and prey on their insecurities by luring them in with the promise of sorting out a major confidence problem only to slightly butter people up for a few hours. Combined with guilt and embarrassment I don't think it's the correct attitude to install in people when some people find so difficult.

I think getting the correct info and making a pact with a friend is much better. The correct info can be food advice, sizing of food, exercise regimes. I do know how useful it is having someone to prompt you on but I don't think WW go about it right.

As I mentioned slightly, it also takes the issue away from the individual and it becomes a group problem. It's not, and it's not fair to pretend to people it is. I know it is not the same but Alcoholics Anonymous comes in for some stick about that. It doesn't help to diminish people's responsibility about a topic that only concerns them, i.e. their weight.

Once again I'm sorry if it sounded like I was ridiculing the people who go, I really wasn't, any attempt to improve your health should really be commended.

=( sorry hun...... I just get so wound up at the fact that I AM overweight I probably look for people to have a go at...... just ignore my ramblings for a woman whos had a bd diet day and actually hates herself more for giving in to the cake =S

Malteser81 wrote:

=( sorry hun...... I just get so wound up at the fact that I AM overweight I probably look for people to have a go at...... just ignore my ramblings for a woman whos had a bd diet day and actually hates herself more for giving in to the cake =S

You don't have anything to be sorry for!

Look at the positive, I think part of negativity you probably feel is in part because of WW. It makes every treat guilt ridden instead of something to be enjoyed. Weight is a longer term issue, not a short term thing. Having a 'bad' week only makes you feel bad when on the whole a week makes little difference. If you're making steady progress then there isn't an issue is there. Enjoy what you eat, don't turn it into a guilt fest, make food a posiive experience.

WandA wrote:

Malteser81 wrote:

You don't have anything to be sorry for!

Look at the positive, I think part of negativity you probably feel is in part because of WW. It makes every treat guilt ridden instead of something to be enjoyed. Weight is a longer term issue, not a short term thing. Having a 'bad' week only makes you feel bad when on the whole a week makes little difference. If you're making steady progress then there isn't an issue is there. Enjoy what you eat, don't turn it into a guilt fest, make food a posiive experience.

=) Yeah I know...... though its not WW that makes me feel like this but myself. I suppose its either WW or trawling through psycologists to figure out whats wrong with my deep neurosis lol

I'm looking at restraints, cuffs, floggers etc on ebay and really am confused as to why so many of them are labled for gay people =S. Do they honestly not think that all types of people like them???

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

Malteser81 wrote:

I'm looking at restraints, cuffs, floggers etc on ebay and really am confused as to why so many of them are labled for gay people =S. Do they honestly not think that all types of people like them???

Ha ha yes that's so funny maybe they are a bit camp lol

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

Ikea manuals and Instructions.

Measurement conversion, I just find it difficult

Ilovemyman wrote:

Malteser81 wrote:

Ha ha yes that's so funny maybe they are a bit camp lol

Just found somone describing a pink plastc fly swat as a fettish bondage crop =S. No do they thing WERE stupid or are THEY the misguided ones??

tronic [sign in to see picture]

Better than a clothes peg listed as a nipple clamp, eh? I wonder if there's a gap in the market for 'rustic' sex toys - hmmm...

Why can I wake up tired after so much sleep? x

tronic wrote:

Better than a clothes peg listed as a nipple clamp, eh? I wonder if there's a gap in the market for 'rustic' sex toys - hmmm...

Potato buttplugs? We have already heard about the ginger...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.