• Things that confuse me...

tallboy247 [sign in to see picture]

headsouth wrote:

tallboy247 wrote:

I am sure your right WandA, teach me not to pay attention though!!!! I am sure you are right re the dog poo though, but here's another one for you then.

Whenever l buy a tin of Felix cat food, which isn't often since mine tripped off this mortal coil aged 18 and 19... it said on the tin "Tasted and Approved! - who by !!!

TB

Back when WandA was still in nappies, I remember seeing an official dog food taster on The Big Breakfast. Quite happily eating out of a can with a fork...

Barff, kin hell, that's appalling, mother in law round at the weekend, now where did l leave the puff pastry!!!

TB'

telemachus [sign in to see picture]

tallboy247 wrote:

telemachus wrote:

I buy my eggs in 9's from Waitrose.

Hi telemachus, so a fan of Odysseus are we!!!!

TB

and eggs!

tallboy247 [sign in to see picture]

Hmmm do they do classical omlettes then?

TB

WandA [sign in to see picture]

tallboy247 wrote:

Hmmm do they do classical omlettes then?

TB

You can't use tomatoes...

telemachus [sign in to see picture]

One sHould neVer use TomaToes in an omeleTTe.

(exCuse THE Typing - THe keyboard is being annoying)

Kinkyfish [sign in to see picture]

Are you liking white eggs to poo?

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

I don't usually advocate eugenics but I've never seen a better case study than the JK show.

Too harsh?

Now I would go into why eugenics was practiced by pseudo-scientists, especially in America during the 1900's but in this case I think it's worth looking into. I hate the type of people on that show that tend to scrounge off state benefits. In fact in the paper last week an ex-employed bus conductor asylum seeker with his wife that hasn't worked a day in her life and their seven kids were given a house in London for more than 2 million pounds costing the tax payers 8K a month for his rent.

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

Hmm, maybe I should quit my job and have a shed load of kids too...

I heard the other day about an unemployed lorry driver who applied for a £25K job, got it but turned it down as he's better off on benefits. Something very wrong here.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

I know, it disguists me, mainly because I tend to get lumped in with them because I am a single mother on benefits. Although at least I'm looking, just don't seem to get anywhere. I hate that the people who really need the help get punished because there's so many freeloaders looking for the easiest way to work the system: if those genuinely not trying to work could be punted out, they could save a pile and still be able to give a little more help to those trying to find jobs and just starting work.

Can't understand how a 25k job would be worse than benefits, unless his partner's also unemployed, they have a bazillion kids and a monster mortgage that the state are paying. I just have me and the wee one, and I'd actually break even at 13k (gotta love childcare costs, and the fact the state says it refuses to help with payments over 170 per week: you find full time childcare for 170 a week, I freakin dare ya, stupid politicians). I honestly think they should redirect a lot of the funds to more help with things like childcare for employed parents, since the main thing that stops a lot of the non-scrounger parents from taking any crappy job that pops up is that fact that they'd be shelling out around £150 per week per child on childcare out of their own pocket, so they have to look for something that'll meet the benefits (including rent and jazz) plus however many hundred pounds they need for the kids, and then try for something that'll have them better off. The fact that I'm currently getting just under 5k a year and would have to bounce straight to 13k just to stay in the exact same position is insane. Chances are I won't be able to afford to get a job until the wee one starts nursery, since I don't have the experience to go straight to an awesome job, and the crappy ones would run me further into debt.

So yeah, I guess childcare costs confuse me, and the fact that the government would prefer to set folk up with cushy sponger lives than help the ones trying to get into work confuses me. And by 'confuses', I mean 'pisses me the hell off'.

toycar69 wrote:

Hmm, maybe I should quit my job and have a shed load of kids too...

I heard the other day about an unemployed lorry driver who applied for a £25K job, got it but turned it down as he's better off on benefits. Something very wrong here.

I can very much believe that. I think for 25k he'll be on disability, I remember watching a documentary type thing about were so people wouldn't go back to work because after tax and the perks are removed it really was better to be 'ill'.

Not the same amounts but my mum would earn more money working 30hours a week instead of her 36hrs, because of how the tax credit system works or what ever the top up is. She chooses to do those extra 6hrs at a financial disadvantage because she's awesome!

There obviously is something wrong with the system but it's important not to turn isolated cases in to the normal because for many people state benefits are deserved and vital!

Why brushing my teetch makes me feel sick but only in the morning...

Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]

Why does it always rain during the kids 6 week summer holidays?? =(

Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]

headsouth wrote:

Malteser81 wrote:

Well it's that or a month of "Phew what a scorcher" headlines from The Sun, and "Summer causes cancer" in the Daily Fail.

But I WANT "Phew what a scorcher" headlines and "Summer causes cancer" thats what overpriced sunblock is for =P

Malteser81 wrote:

In Liverpool we had a months worth of rain in 5hours!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2010/07/21/torrential-rain-and-floods-bring-merseyside-to-a-standstill-gallery-video-100252-26895187/

Last 3 pics are about 5mins from mine... Guess I like uphill, no problems with flooding for me!

Why do they build things on such steep hills? Why not lop a chunk of the hill off, toss it on the low-lying part, and have a lovely level-ish bit, instead of making me walk a mile up a 45° bastard of a slope?

BashfulBabe wrote:

Why do they build things on such steep hills? Why not lop a chunk of the hill off, toss it on the low-lying part, and have a lovely level-ish bit, instead of making me walk a mile up a 45° bastard of a slope?

See my above post... to stop flooding?

WandA wrote:

BashfulBabe wrote:

See my above post... to stop flooding?

Pff, just slap the houses on stilts, sorted.

I don't get the romance people give to some rather unromantic places like Paris, or Venice...

littlepixi [sign in to see picture]

why has my little sister just walked through the door with her face painted like some tiger with leporacy and yet when i ask her all she says back is "just cos." ahh to be 9 again. xxx

Why I can hear pipe music.

Like a tin whistle coming from outside... Slightly creepy...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.