• Things that confuse me...

WandA [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

Yeah knobhead

In my school leavers book my good friend wrote "I love how you call your lovely boyfriend a knobhead all the time" hehehe!

Adx

I never liked him/her...

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Yes you did/do!

Adx

Doug [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

headsouth wrote:

Oh... Yes that's the other one that confuses me...

Why does every report about someone dying in Afghanistan have to include the phrase "The family have been notified" ???

1 - I should bloody hope so!!

2 - Why do I need to know??

Very true on both points!

for legal reasons, the public isn't allowed to be told until the family has been told. This happened beacuse in the invasion of Iraq an American helicopter crashed, and teh BBC got it wrong and said a british helicopter had been shot down and it had so many people worring that the govenment had to change the way it worked.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

If they didn't say it you'd still get people ringing in worried - because they wouldn't necessarily know for a fact that the family had been notified so they'd be worried it were their soldier son or husband.

Adx

But you'd think the family of the people in the army would be aware they would be informed... Instead of a general "It's not someone you know, unless you already know it is."

yes, but there has to be a time of morning (spelt right?) in private

littlepixi [sign in to see picture]

ive just been told that the guy who plays Hannah Montanas brother is really 33! ( i know but i can blame my watching it on day time telly being pants!) how can he look so young and play a 16 year old! my little sister really fancys him too :/!

Why dying phones insist on a song and dance to let you know the battery is dying...

littlepixi wrote:

ive just been told that the guy who plays Hannah Montanas brother is really 33! ( i know but i can blame my watching it on day time telly being pants!) how can he look so young and play a 16 year old! my little sister really fancys him too :/

how can Miley Cyrus only be 17? Have you seen her new music video?

the bird one? if so yeah the girl just anoys me its like shes trying to hard. xxx

Doug wrote:

I've not seen it... but I'm thinking of what I got up to aged 17...

diamonds [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Doug wrote:

I've not seen it... but I'm thinking of what I got up to aged 17...

you wasnt on the disney chanle and loved by many 8 to 12 year olds though im guessing lol

Dxx

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

my sleeping patterns

seriously weird to be honest. one night i wont want any sleep, and can go about 20 ish hours. and the next day i'll sleep form 6pm till Mid day!

sweetlove666 wrote:

my sleeping patterns

seriously weird to be honest. one night i wont want any sleep, and can go about 20 ish hours. and the next day i'll sleep form 6pm till Mid day!

i know the feeling! last night i knew i had to be up at 5 but just couldnt get to sleep till 3 but woke up more awake than if i had gone to sleep at 10. it could be a student thing haha. xxx

Wickedgirl wrote:

WandA wrote:

The countryside... bit too green and uniform for me.

We do have beautiful sunrises and dawn chorus though Wand but you do have to get up before 10am to see them

It does look lovely at times, great for a day out... Just not my thing, I get bored easily there. My OH lives in Derbyshire and I find it a tad boring. Not too bad if you can drive I suppose! I'm not knocking it.

(I hate dawn chorus... stems from when I used to stay up 'til 5am, it was like the little singy bastards were taunting me)

Jade Goody and the national outpouring.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

I know, everyone megaloathed her until she got cancer, and instead of just shruging and going "what a shame", they went totally nuts! I still thought she was a waste of space, and apparently that made me a freak, but I also hated how she milked every last penny out of what was happening claiming it was "for her kids", like her kids were better off having their last moments with their mother stolen as she flitted around various talk shows, and their grief splashed all over the tabloids, because it'd mean they could afford another pony.

Her and Katona, how do people not realise they are/were just trashy folk living off the money of stupid people?

BashfulBabe wrote:

WandA wrote:

I know, everyone megaloathed her until she got cancer, and instead of just shruging and going "what a shame", they went totally nuts! I still thought she was a waste of space, and apparently that made me a freak, but I also hated how she milked every last penny out of what was happening claiming it was "for her kids", like her kids were better off having their last moments with their mother stolen as she flitted around various talk shows, and their grief splashed all over the tabloids, because it'd mean they could afford another pony.

Her and Katona, how do people not realise they are/were just trashy folk living off the money of stupid people?

But BB she was a mum and... errr.... a mother... and, errr brave for bothering to survive for a bit with a horrendous illness involuntarily.

The voice of reason! I personally couldn't have give a tiddles until she was everywhere when she was ill.

Far from the acts of kindness, care and love reviving your faith in humanity it has the opposite effect for me, I now have to live knowing I'm surrounded by idiots who are somehow oblivious to the plight of millions in the world but as soon as some numpty who had experienced cancer scares before eventually gets round to a test gets ill the whole world revolves around her. The blinkers on some people astound me....

Ooh, other things:

Whispering in a quiet room (libraries or sleeping lion dens excluded).

Why they make that vacuum-sealed plastic packaging that it is impossible to open without losing half a finger.

How I can love peanut butter, but detest peanuts.

Where do all these spiders come from? And why don't they stay there? I mean, if it's fine to breed and hatch and not die, why must you invade my bed? That's just bad thinking, and will get you squished.

People who insist on using ouiji boards and the like: either it's all bull, and you're a twat, or it's real, and you're a twat with a ghost after you. Less twattishness, please!

Where those guys who run - on foot - from a police helicopter think they're going. Even better are the ones who run home, like the cops'll knock, get no answer, and just leave.

Why do ironed sheets feel better than rumpled ones? They're the same fabric, and just as squished around you, and i doubt the wrinkles are sharp enough to cause discomfort.

Aye, Jade's one actually annoyed me more, because it was all going on the same time as my aunt found she had breast cancer. She was a mother, and had actually adopted her brother's kids after his death to get them away from their abusive druggie mum and put her life on hold to help them get the help and support they needed, she and her husband had worked all their lives, never got hand-outs, were high-school sweethearts, worked hard and did everything for their family, did charity work, she'd struggled with MS all her life, but never complained and always put her kids before her own pain...basically, she was as close to perfect as a person could be. And yet she struggled and suffered and died and that meant less than some twat who was famous for being an annoying neglectful drain on society? Not saying my aunt deserved a national day of mourning, but it is galling to see someone who couldn't deserve it less get more accolades for what too many decent people go through.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.