• Things that confuse me...

WandA [sign in to see picture]

In honour of Primark selling flat pieces of cloth sheets at a higher price than fitted elasticated sheets I have decided to start a thread about the things in our sexual and daily lives we find confusing.

You never know, someone may know the answer!

Picking up a point from a previous thread:

Do older people going bald on the head suffer the same fate in the pube department?

Also why can we not usually buy eggs in more manageable amounts? I want 3, perhaps 4 for a week, not 6... That only guarantees egg mayo butties at some point in the coming week.

Feel free to add your own pointless musing on life's little absurdities...

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

There's more fabric in a flat sheet than an elasticated one, hence the higher price. Elasticated sheets have exactly the right amount to fit around your bed, and the elastic keeps it there. Flat sheets require tucking and folding and additional fabric to slide under your mattress and keep it in place.

If you go to an independent greengrocers or the like instead of giving into the capitalist pigs, you usually can buy as many eggs as you need. Can you imagine the havoc it would cause in Tesco if they allowed you to buy loose eggs? :P

Not a 20%+ difference in price though! I think it's because posh people use real sheets!

But I want 3 or 4 for convenience... Not as convenient going the local grocers and costs me the same for 4 eggs... The whole egg business needs a shake up, or indeed scrambling (sorry!)!

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

In honour of Primark selling flat pieces of cloth sheets at a higher price than fitted elasticated sheets I have decided to start a thread about the things in our sexual and daily lives we find confusing.

You never know, someone may know the answer!

Picking up a point from a previous thread:

Do older people going bald on the head suffer the same fate in the pube department?

Also why can we not usually buy eggs in more manageable amounts? I want 3, perhaps 4 for a week, not 6... That only guarantees egg mayo butties at some point in the coming week.

Feel free to add your own pointless musing on life's little absurdities...

Or egg fried rice, scrambled egg on toast, fried egg sandwich, ham egg and chips, fairy cakes, lemon meringue pie, custard, homemade pasta (just add strong flour & a bit of water), omlette, clafoutis, pancakes, yorkshire puddings, potato salad, mayonnaise - many, many, many things to do with a spare egg or two...

On a more helpful note, Co-op sell eggs in 4's now as well as 6's & 12's...

I often have questions with no obvious answer but cannot think of any right now. Am sure I'll post on this thread frequently...

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Not a 20%+ difference in price though! I think it's because posh people use real sheets!

But I want 3 or 4 for convenience... Not as convenient going the local grocers and costs me the same for 4 eggs... The whole egg business needs a shake up, or indeed scrambling (sorry!)!

You'd be surprised! Even only a few extra centimetres add up to a fair amount when it's all around the edges of a sheet for even a single bed. I imagine it'd be more if it was for a double or king size.

Not as convenient - it's people like you who are killing our independent retailers! :P

telemachus [sign in to see picture]

But surely you don't pay for the fabric. I mean, the fabric is cheap. You're paying for the work involved aren't you. If you look at the economies of children's shoes versus adults shoes - there's a lot less material involved in the kids shoes (and clothes as well, that works) but they aren't proportionally cheaper - it's about the labour, no?

Ecksvie - maybe we could just start taking the eggs you want out of the boxes at Tesco. Cause a riot! Like Adam and Joe when they tried to take all the % extra frees from the stuff in the corner shop. If anyone remembers that.

Why does everyone work their arse off to get the fuel at the petrol station to exactly £20.00 only to pay on card?

telemachus [sign in to see picture]

I buy my eggs in 9's from Waitrose.

Ecksvie wrote:

WandA wrote:

You'd be surprised! Even only a few extra centimetres add up to a fair amount when it's all around the edges of a sheet for even a single bed. I imagine it'd be more if it was for a double or king size.

Not as convenient - it's people like you who are killing our independent retailers! :P

Too true - we use our market (no greengrocer) and our local butcher.

It has to be said that when you find a decent local business you can save a fortune compared to Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons & the like. the amount you pay for all the pretty packaging is shocking...

Definitely worth a bit of forward planning...

Kitty_McPlunder [sign in to see picture]

I don't think pubes go bald like the head does. Mr McP is thinning on top (bless him he's only 23) but theres no sign of the pube hedge dying back! Its as rampant as ever! lol!

Ecksvie wrote:

Evolution, natural selection etc...

I do like to support them sometimes but I only end up angry. They usually stock the same tat in the supermarkets, if my local independent sells kiwis and guavas from Papa somewhere or other I understand but does it really need to sell French apples and Cypriot spuds? You can argue it's indicative of a wider British production issue of course...

I'm not really that fussed who made my stuff, I'd just like it to be irregular sometimes (to cut down on waste), safe and preferably not organic! It's only a bloody spud!

telemachus wrote:

Are you showing off? Aldi is just as good... *cough*

tronic [sign in to see picture]

male pattern baldness - nor a pube thing.

Vampyrewillow [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

telemachus wrote:

Are you showing off? Aldi is just as good... *cough*

Ooh yes Aldi <3, i shop in lidl and home and bargain myself, used to shop in tesco but moved and theres only lidl home and bargain and lots of polish shops around us!

VW x

tronic [sign in to see picture]

ooh crack an egg in some ramen noodles, stir, and you get egg drop soup - very tasty!

What do they polish?

WandA wrote:

What do they polish?

like polish/poland? i am a rubbish speller so i have probably spelt that wrong, theres all sorts of ethnic shops round my ways but i'm such a boring eater!

VW x

It was a poor attempt at humour by me!

By Ad there is a car wash run by Poles called:

Mr Polish... Makes my head explode a little, what do you mean!!!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

What confues me is why oh why must Daddy Long Legs (as in the flies not the spiders - I like spiders) exist - they're pointless and they terrify me!

Adx

WandA wrote:

It was a poor attempt at humour by me!

By Ad there is a car wash run by Poles called:

Mr Polish... Makes my head explode a little, what do you mean!!!

i thought you might have been joking but if you werent i didnt want to offend haha

no interesting shop names by me... just POLISH FOOD STORE

i am getting a new iceland soon which is exciting!

and AdnaW my boyfriend would love you for sayin that, he hates the way daddy long legs move! and he runs from moths

i dont understand wasps myself (althought i've never done any research. there may be a reason for them!)

What confuses me is:

Why must my neighbour always slam her front door?

What causes her to have to open & close her door so frequently (3 times in the last 5 minutes)?

And how the hell does her toddler sleep through all the damned racket she makes?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.