• pubic shaving before and after care (for women)

kitty29 [sign in to see picture]

Pretty much says it all in the title.....

Does anyone have any tips on products/shaving creams/foams/mositurisers etc the would use for befire and after shaving. I have issues particularly with the hair at the top (kinda triangle area leading down) getting shaving rash/bumps and with the area around the entrance since it is extra sensitive and my skin down there can be tight and gets irritated. I currently use one of the canesten feminine soothing wash things to get a bit of a foam up to shave and use as sharp a razor as I can (damn blades are expensive), I always do this in the shower and use pure coconut oil to moisturise and sooth afterwards but I still get problems with itchiness and rashes. I like to be as smooth as possible down there and waxing puts me off because of the regrowth and the amount of times you have to go get it done (plus the price and having to bare my bits to a total stranger!).

So any tips/miracle products you lot use?

Lovehoney - Emkapa [sign in to see picture]

Hi Kitty29,

My entire life changed when I stopped using foam and started using baby/mineral oil - I used to have the same issues shaving as you describe, but since using mineral oil instead, I've completely eliminated those problems.

Mineral oil is also much cheaper, and is completely skin safe. It only sits on the surface of the skin and so cannot block pores, as is commonly believed - it acts as a barrier and stops water from leaving your skin so readily. Despite it being perhaps a little messier, I can't recommend it enough.

Otherwise, make sure you're shaving correctly - depending on how long you let your lawn grow, make sure to use scissors to cut down long hair first, and then (if you have the time, as we know this can be a time consuming job!) first shave in the direction of growth, then against. If you're using oil, make sure to reapply regularly during the shave.

Hope this helps!

captainmeow [sign in to see picture]

I've go problems there too! >< Ingrown hairs are a biggie. Will be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas! :)

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

i was recently looking at this duo|

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19031

it might help you

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

Also keeping an eye on this. I've been au natural with a bit of trimming as my skins just too painful after.

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

Hello!

My savior was the s.HAIR range- I get really uncomfortable easily when having a clean shave.

I use this gel which is amazing: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32913

Then straight after I apply http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32911 and then as needed too!

Northseaguy [sign in to see picture]

captainmeow wrote:

I've go problems there too! >< Ingrown hairs are a biggie. Will be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas! :)

Ingrowing hairs are more likely if you shave against the grain so to speak.
    Northseaguy [sign in to see picture]

Northseaguy wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

Delboy1991 [sign in to see picture]

conditioner 🙈 instead of saving foam.. baby oil after. It helps the red rash after.

Lone Ranger [sign in to see picture]

Delboy1991 wrote:

conditioner 🙈 instead of saving foam.. baby oil after. It helps the red rash after.

Got to agree with the hair conditioner. Never do up top though, just gets too itchy.

rach74 [sign in to see picture]

after shaving i use baby oil and i shave every other day so no rash anyway but baby oil just makes it feel nicer i think

captainmeow [sign in to see picture]

Northseaguy wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

I've been very careful to exfoliate, and I switched over to epilating, then back to shaving (while being cautious about direction etc.) and nothing works :(

Vesalius [sign in to see picture]

The soundest advice one could offer re pubic shaving is don't, stick with careful trimming. Other than for aesthetic reasons there is no practical benefit just risk.

WillC [sign in to see picture]

King Of Shaves Gel for sensitive skin,it`s a male product,but i swear by it!

TSEliotsCat [sign in to see picture]

Electric razors. Seriously.

The one I have is double ended, with blades and the electric. I think it's sold as a bikini trimmer. You can get a consistent length of hair and can be used to trim down or completely get rid of. My skin is ridiculous sensitive and I've had no rash/ingrown hairs since using it. I vary on what skin products I use, but at the moment I'm using the Earthly duo. The miracle oil is especially amazing.

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

The Earthly Body miracle oil convo that LH sell is absolutely amazing!!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.