• Pain Problem?

Twilightgirl123 [sign in to see picture]

My boyfriend and I have been together a little over 9 months (he's my first and only sexual partner). We're very comfortable together and didn't have any issues with sex earlier in the relationship.

For whatever reason recently I've been having pain after sex (no blood just burning pain). Even when I'm very relaxed and we've used a ton of lube. I'm not allergic to anything in the lubes either. Even when my boyfriend's being very gentle I'm still getting pain after sex.

I've been to a sexual health clinic and I've been tested for a different STIs but I'm waiting on the results. Though the doctor said it's very unlikely that I have an STI. So the cause for now is unknown.

So I was wondering if anyone's ever had a problem like this before and any tips on how to prevent pain after sex? (We have used abstinence to avoid me being in pain but wondering if there's other options).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Probably should have clarified. When I say sex I'm referring to vaginal sex and the pain is vaginal :)
    Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

Could be a number of things really, Even the shape and size of your boyfriend!

If it isnt an sti then your doctor would have to investigate further.

Have your tried different positions etc

reany [sign in to see picture]

could be a uti, take a urine sample to your surgery to be tested, it may also be worth to go to your local CASH clinic to rule out an STI.

Could also be that you need to use some lubrication?

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I've had similar problems and I think that sex might cause small tearings in the vaginal wall and that semen gets into these tearing which causes the burning sensation. For me personally I have found that lube helps a lot since it doesn't cause such tearing when my OH enters (he's quite large). Have you tried having sex with a condom just to see if that will remove the burning sensation?

Womenb can also be allergic to sperm, cant they?

Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]

Do you use condoms ?is it possible you have developed an alergy to laytex, have you changed brands, could the condoms have a lube on them that you are having a reation to. Even the same brand could have changed the lube they use.

Sorry re-read your post you already went to a cash clinic, hope you get good results,
    Did they also test for unrinary tract infections?
    They can cause burning. Something like thrush can cause inflammation, not sure if that would exclusively cause pain after sex though.

In the mean time it could be like others say you may me having an allergic reaction to the lube your using, maybe test the lube on yourself without having sex to see if it causes any reaction? Allergies can develop and brands can make changes to their formula, worth looking into.

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

I experienced something similar many years ago and it turned out I had thrush ! Had no other symptoms other than a horrible burning stinging pain during and after sex that left me feeling really sore .

Pain can also be caused by many household things like soap, shampoos, bath bombs that cause irritation to our skins etc etc

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

It could be any number of things as everyone else has suggested. I have experienced this before and the cause has been simple. I just wasn't quite ready for penetration which gave me a burning pain at the time of penetration and also afterwards because the damage was done at the beginning. The vagina stretches when you are aroused and so if you aren't, even a large amount of lube isn't going to help as it is the tissue that needs to be elastic and engorged with blood from arousal to provide cushioning and prevent tearing of the delicate tissue down there. May I suggest a lot of time spent on foreplay With fingers and or toys first and gradually until you reach the point of you simply must have him 😊 It is surprising how many couples just steam on in there particularly after being together for a while. That's my experience anyway.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

Has your partner recently changed his body wash/shower gel? Something as small as that can cause pain and irritation during sex.

Also +1 to above!

203 [sign in to see picture]

I had something similar recently, which developed after years together.

It's worth going back to your gp who might want to rule out orher things.

For me, coming off of my pill stopped all of the odd pains, discomfort and other symptoms I had been getting. I really didnt think it coud have been linked, but all of my symptoms have gone.

Thanks for the responses guys, this is a great help. I'm going to go back to my GP and see what she says. The stuff about condoms, lubes and differences in shower gels and stuff doesn't seem to make a difference because even when we stop using these things, change them or add them in there isn't any difference. I've recently done allergy tests on all of the stuff we use. We spend a lot of time on foreplay and I pretty much always feel aroused when we go to have sex and if I don't then we'll wait until I'm comfortable/aroused enough for penetration. So I'm really not sure if these things are the cause.

It's not thrush or BV or anything because I have been tested for these many times. I haven't been tested for a UTI so I'll bring that up with my doctor and see what she thinks.

Thanks everyone! :)

Good luck, hope you find a solution soon

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

With my ex I used to get sexual cystitis, the mechanics of sex would cause an inflammation in the urethra. Didnt matter how turned on i was. Whilst not romantic I always make sure I go for a wee after sex, it makes a massive difference to me.

Vaginismus might be worth mentioning to your doc too. It a involuntary but strong contraction of the muscles.

Friday13 [sign in to see picture]

Where exactly is the pain? Deep pain is likely to have a different cause to pain at the entrance. Deep pain could be pelvic inflammatory disease or even IBS or IBD, for example.

Have you changed birth control? It can thin and dry the skin which can lead to micro tears. If it's your vulva that's in pain, maybe try an emollient. That might help prevent micro tears.

If I was you, I'd make an appointment to see my GP. They'll be able to refer you if necessary and will look beyond STIs.

illtakethehighroad [sign in to see picture]

hmm agree with all of the posters, could be one of 100 things not just a STI. My OH has had frequent problems with pain. more often than not its been a UTI that has caused no other symptoms and also had UTIs that have left her in bed for days.

Agree with naughty nerd pee after sex very important to avoid UTIs

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.