• Steaming your vagina.

glitterismyfavouritecolour [sign in to see picture]

I remember when that article about steaming came out and the so called health benefits were very quickly debunked. Paltrow has also just quit her Goop site and said she doesnt want her name associated with it anymore, so I think that goes to show what a load of rubbish she spouts.

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

Sounds like a perfect idea... to throw your vaginal microbiota off balance. Something tells me that this procedure would have similar results as spending loads of time in polyester underwear that has been drenched in sweat.

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

Briona87 wrote:

Sounds like a perfect idea... to throw your vaginal microbiota off balance. Something tells me that this procedure would have similar results as spending loads of time in polyester underwear that has been drenched in sweat.

+1

It's all been debunked, I believe

Gigglesandjiggles [sign in to see picture]

Eak this just sounds scary to me; as girl whose suffered uti's, BV and thrush I definitely avoid anything that might upset the balance of my vagina.

Gentle giant [sign in to see picture]

Well Im not sure of this at all, its always been my belief that the balance of a self cleansing and regulating PH of a vagina is something you should not mess with. Good diet and hydration with a little exercise and it will take care of its self.

I blame the pharmaceutical industry trying to tell women things like vaginal ouder is bad. You need to douche or use deodorizer . rubbish its just another play on trying to make money out of women.

Absolutely nothing more erotic or sexy than the natural scent of a woman.

Oh by the way I will not be steaming my meat and two veg any time soon. Will not be able to look at my steaming tower with all my Sunday roast veg in it again with out envisaging Gweneth Paltrow squatting over my broccoli . lol

captainmeow [sign in to see picture]

Like some others have mentioned, there's no real benefit to steaming your vagina. Just because a celebrity does it doesn't mean it's any good. Your vagina is designed to manage it's own pH and it's own cleaning (hence discharges). Even things like douching aren't recommended. Just leave your vaginal canal to do it's own thing, and all will be well :)

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

So I may have come here a bit late, surely if you are say standing and steaming, only the very outside is likely to get any "steaming" ? Somewhat like when you wash in the shower as it's not (usually) 'open' to the point any steam is going inside? Sounds like total rubbish to me, nature has managed to keep things perfectly fine for thousands of years ?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.