• Worst Tinder/POF experience?

Modo [sign in to see picture]

fairehlights wrote:

Bri, what a dick'ead. Ignore them, these people are usually so insecure about something themselves, they just bully others.

I don't have any horror stories really, just that I'll be chatting to girls and getting on really well, and then they'll just stop replying.
    There was also one girl who seemed really interested, we met up and I stopped over at hers, and then she never spoke to me again... I was kinda like ''wtf?!''

Not just guys that notch the bedpost.

MK7 [sign in to see picture]

Pretty much my entire experience on them has been a joke. I had somebody who profiled as FAT BASTARD harass me for a bit.

CheekyGirl18 [sign in to see picture]

Yep I turned my profile to women only most of the time as I was sick of sex requests dirty or obscene messages being sent from blokes.

Caliente [sign in to see picture]

I am consistently amazed by the "it's only the internet, it's not real" response. Well, you might be playing a pretend troll online, but other people are real, with real feelings. If you wouldn't say it to my face, why is it ok to type it?

Sorry to all that have had bad experiences. I'm really scared of putting myself out there. I don't think my confidence could take it. :(

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

Caliente wrote:

I am consistently amazed by the "it's only the internet, it's not real" response. Well, you might be playing a pretend troll online, but other people are real, with real feelings. If you wouldn't say it to my face, why is it ok to type it?

Sorry to all that have had bad experiences. I'm really scared of putting myself out there. I don't think my confidence could take it. :(

I wouldn't want to put you off trying it all together. To be honest, the it's very easy to spot a douche bag from thier weird message and the best tatic is to just not reply to them.

The other side of this is there are plenty of genuine and nice people on these sites too. When I was on OKcupid I went on dates with absolute strangers (2 men and 2 women), and every single one of them was absolutely lovely. Although there wasn't a sexual or romantic spark there sometimes, everyone was nice and I had a really great time chatting to them, and the final person I met is now my financee. Incedently, we were 99% matched on Okcupid's matching system, which I didn't believe in at first.

My advise to anyone starting online dating is to be nice to people, don't respond to assholes (or take to heart anything they say), and treat every date as if you're going to meet a good friend for a chat. That way there's no pressure, and if it doesn't work out, just move on.

Also, from talking to friends, I think you get way more assholes and time wasters on Tinder than on other sites. I've heard of people who are in monogomous relationships "playing" on tinder for the ego boost of people saying yes to them, when they have no intention of ever dating anyone. This doesn't happen so much on dating sites like Okcupid and plenty of fish. I was on both of these sites and OKCupid appealed to me more, I think you have more laid back alternative and left leaning people on there, whereas POF seemed to have more corperate bussiness type people on it, who I didn't have much in common with. That could have just been my area though....

NiceGuyNorthEast [sign in to see picture]

fairehlights wrote:

Bri, what a dick'ead. Ignore them, these people are usually so insecure about something themselves, they just bully others.

I don't have any horror stories really, just that I'll be chatting to girls and getting on really well, and then they'll just stop replying.
    There was also one girl who seemed really interested, we met up and I stopped over at hers, and then she never spoke to me again... I was kinda like ''wtf?!''

Yeah seem to get a lot of that on POF and even Match.com, quite frustrating as they seem interested!

Haven't had much luck with Tinder, so haven't had any nightmares ha ha.

Rob_ [sign in to see picture]

I've not even had a single message reply on POF. Only had 1 message on Tinder but went nowhere. :( I check it often and swipe a lot too.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Not Tinder or POF, but a swinging site. I decided to meet up with a guy I'd been messaging, thought I was in luck pulling a hunky guy.

Got to his place, completely different man, about 20 years older than the pic. He immediately confessed to stealing somebody elses pic, as he knew he'd not get much interest.

Purring-Pussy wrote:

Not Tinder or POF, but a swinging site. I decided to meet up with a guy I'd been messaging, thought I was in luck pulling a hunky guy.

Got to his place, completely different man, about 20 years older than the pic. He immediately confessed to stealing somebody elses pic, as he knew he'd not get much interest.

Oh god, what did you do? He obviously hadn't thought through the long term consequences of that....
    sexysquirrel [sign in to see picture]

I found my previous partner on a dating site, it didn't last as seems the only way he could express feelings and emotions was via the internet, whereas in real life he had no emotions at all. it was like 2 completely different people. Also he still seemed to think that it was fine to chat and look on dating sites whilst we were together because it made him feel good. I think someone people can only live in a virtual world.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Just wondering how on these sites that you detect say someone just looking to have an affair?Before any one adds 2 +2 to get 5 , I am not looking for an inroad to have an affair! I am happy as i am .

But I would imagine this could be a not so pleasant experience thinking someone was single when they arn't.

mysteron wrote:

Just wondering how on these sites that you detect say someone just looking to have an affair?Before any one adds 2 +2 to get 5 , I am not looking for an inroad to have an affair! I am happy as i am .

But I would imagine this could be a not so pleasant experience thinking someone was single when they arn't.

That's true, I'm sure that happens, but I'd hope people looking for that would go to somewhere like Ashley Madison now and be transparent about it.

I think a bigger problem on these sites are people in relationships who have no intention of dating anyone else but who enjoy the ego boost of having people contact them or swipe right.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Jezebella wrote:

mysteron wrote:

That's true, I'm sure that happens, but I'd hope people looking for that would go to somewhere like Ashley Madison now and be transparent about it.

I think a bigger problem on these sites are people in relationships who have no intention of dating anyone else but who enjoy the ego boost of having people contact them or swipe right.

Whilst not right , I can understand the old Ego boost situation. I get an ego boost myself when I get chatted up at weekends in the pubs but I tend to tell that in the early stages that I am taken so as to not to waste their time .My Mrs takes a very much different view !

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

Briona87 wrote:

"You are so ugly that, unless you make lots and lots of money, no one could ever even smile at you."

Being told this was NOT an amusing experience, though. I have never fully recovered from this insult.

Oh my god, that person is an absolute cretin!

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

Caliente wrote:

Definitely don't let some horror stories put you off. For every complete muppet there are loads of lovely people. I met my OH on match and have friends who met their partners on there including 1 couple who are now married with 3 kids.

Just go in with your eyes open, just delete, block and rise above any nastiness and take comfort from the fact that whilst you meet some nice people and maybe meet someone to share your life with, they will most likely be forever on their own.

sassykitten;) [sign in to see picture]

Other than few than few out there rude messages, people just wanting a fuck and time wasters. These people are easily spotted.

I found my experance enjoyable i met my current bf on POF we met in march.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.